Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Just Imagine

hey guys 

it just occurred to me - what if there is an update in FMM21 - that during the season there happens some unforeseen circumstance (for instance, the current COVID pandemic) where your respective league is postponed or declared null void and you have to manage contracts of your players, salaries of staff, dip in the market value of your star players, stadiums, no audience, etc. 

Would that be a good update? what do you all think 

Since managers in real life have got a lot of planning to do - do you all think it would be a great addition in the virtual world as well... 

For me personally I would say no. I play FMM as an escape from what's going on in the world at the moment, so to be reminded of it (even if the in-game 'event' was not directly connected to the current pandemic) would turn me off playing the game.

23 minutes ago, omen_peter said:

For me personally I would say no. I play FMM as an escape from what's going on in the world at the moment, so to be reminded of it (even if the in-game 'event' was not directly connected to the current pandemic) would turn me off playing the game.

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say!

I agree with Omen and Rob that it wouldn’t be for me as it could really ruin a saves enjoyment.

Maybe it could be an unlockable though so that once you get it you could activate it yourself if you want to spice things up a bit.

If that would mean you could end up winning the league one year and getting yourself a nice big fat * next to it I’d be all for it.

Nah, seriously I’m rather opposed to this idea for the more or less the same reasons as Omen and Rob.

The ole selective realism debate. 

Tbh it should be completely ignored (dates aside) as like others have said games should be fun! Imagine ten years into a save the manager you're playing as catches "martian flu" and dies. Game over. Thanks for playing. Ta ta. 

Just imagine a save with millions of people dying due to war or say a pandemic or whatever other awful thing that must happen to literally stop human life as we know it.....Just like why?

Because of realism obviously

https://giphy.com/gifs/thumbs-up-sarcastic-LVIbmaUwpRJ1C

It's an arcade football management SIM for crying out loud. 

3 hours ago, omen_peter said:

That's a really good point of view

most of the people here will agree with this 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

I agree with Omen and Rob that it wouldn’t be for me as it could really ruin a saves enjoyment.

Maybe it could be an unlockable though so that once you get it you could activate it yourself if you want to spice things up a bit.

haha 

yea, that can be interesting but wouldn't that lack the unpredictability of a particular pandemic that might be on your way   

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

They could make it one of the Challenges in the unlockables maybe, but not as a norm, the game would get boring IMO

you've got a point over there 

I was thinking - what if, you are 4-5 seasons in the game, and by that time when a user is already into the game, with it being monotonous - this thing appears - making it slightly challenging  

Edited by FMFanatic20
52 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The ole selective realism debate. 

Tbh it should be completely ignored (dates aside) as like others have said games should be fun! Imagine ten years into a save the manager you're playing as catches "martian flu" and dies. Game over. Thanks for playing. Ta ta. 

Just imagine a save with millions of people dying due to war or say a pandemic or whatever other awful thing that must happen to literally stop human life as we know it.....Just like why?

Because of realism obviously

https://giphy.com/gifs/thumbs-up-sarcastic-LVIbmaUwpRJ1C

It's an arcade football management SIM for crying out loud. 

Well sir

You took a very extreme case of making the player only die for whatever reason. That can't be the case. I mean then what's the point even. 

Its just the player/manager don't have to die - the surrounding aspects can change or get affected - for the game to be fun rather challenging. 

And yea, ok, one can maybe make the 'halt in the game' a little less traumatizing - it need not be as bad a world war but something else - maybe a hooligan street war. :P 

It's just a random thought, I had, of having such things in the game.

23 minutes ago, FMFanatic20 said:

extreme case of making the player only die

We live in extreme times, football was cancelled because people were and are dying. That's the entire reason. I can't think of any long term postponement outside of this virus and actual wars or extreme civil unrest like the stuff we've seen in Greece in recent years. Football doesn't stop for small things. Hell it tried to brute force itself through the pandemic and god knows how many lives it cost people due to the LFC Atletico match taking place. Football actually stopped because players and managers lives were at risk, imagine if it was Hodgson and not Arteta that caught it. 

28 minutes ago, FMFanatic20 said:

maybe a hooligan street war.

Which would be a legal nightmare and look bad on clubs involved, even if it's just a game. It's why we don't have things like players getting caught drink driving in game. 

FMM should be a football bubble, the be all and end all. Things like Brexit will impact FMM like work permits and so on and I have no doubt finances of clubs will be alot lower on 2021 which is a direct consequence of Covid-19. It will have impacts on 2021 as a game for sure but I don't see why we need to trivialize massive global events to "add challenge". 

It would be like if an air disaster was an Easter egg and you lost you're entire squad or some shit. Yeah unfortunately it's realistic and has happened too many times but why would a management SIM need anything as dark and brutal in it.

No for me. How much of a pain in the ass would it be to click continue for 4 or 5 months for nothing! 

I'd hate to see it in game. Now clubs going bust in game i could see as a rare and i mean rare occurance.

All of you may not want it in a game but I have a feeling there is no way around it for future versions. It won’t be just a plague but just look at all the competitions that have been cancelled, altered, delayed , hell could be a bunch of clubs folded too. Then what do you do with all these player contracts ? Same with leagues structures ( teams pro/rel , start/end dates, transfer windows etc ) Idk how FMM can release at 21 version with so many questions need to be answered going forward especially scheduling across world of football how will they setup international tournaments and have an idea they won’t conflict with leagues in the future say 4-5 years later ? No matter what 21 will have Covid effects all over it that’s if they release 21 version at all . 

Id be for more events to spice up a long career like individual, or team events that result in surprising bans,  retirement, arrests, probations, fines, bankruptcy, etc though as random acts do happen but a low percentage of being activated could help limit it being too crazy. 

18 hours ago, FMFanatic20 said:

haha 

yea, that can be interesting but wouldn't that lack the unpredictability of a particular pandemic that might be on your way   

The way I would see the unlockable work would be that you activate it and it means there is a high possibility that a major event would happen within the save at some point but not necessarily the season you are in so you wouldn’t know when it will happen.

This can add a new element to a save but also mean it’s our choice whether we want to use a “chaos mode” or not. @Ashez is right though there are huge legal barriers to some things that can be added to a game because players, managers or clubs could see certain scenarios as detrimental to there brand.

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

All of you may not want it in a game but I have a feeling there is no way around it for future versions. It won’t be just a plague but just look at all the competitions that have been cancelled, altered, delayed , hell could be a bunch of clubs folded too. Then what do you do with all these player contracts ? Same with leagues structures ( teams pro/rel , start/end dates, transfer windows etc ) Idk how FMM can release at 21 version with so many questions need to be answered going forward especially scheduling across world of football how will they setup international tournaments and have an idea they won’t conflict with leagues in the future say 4-5 years later ? No matter what 21 will have Covid effects all over it that’s if they release 21 version at all . 

Id be for more events to spice up a long career like individual, or team events that result in surprising bans,  retirement, arrests, probations, fines, bankruptcy, etc though as random acts do happen but a low percentage of being activated could help limit it being too crazy. 

I agree the game will have to reflect the real world as best they can in terms of contracts, budgets and schedules but that is what they have to do each year any way albeit this time it will be much tougher to get right. I think that is a different issue than say a save you are 10 years into suddenly being thrown into chaos because the game has randomly decided it will be.

As for FMM21 being released or not personally I would be shocked if there wasn’t an FM/FMT/FMM21 because that is a major part of SI’s business model with the company is based around releasing a game once a year. That’s not to say it won’t be delayed of course.

15 hours ago, Woody said:

Now clubs going bust in game i could see as a rare and i mean rare occurance.

I’m not sure they’ll be allowed to include that in game for legal reasons and it’s probably the reason why so many clubs in FMM have finances that are classed as “bankrupt” yet never actually go into administration.

I agree. Its something i could see in game but like you said it would just cause way too many legal issues.

Tbh these "extra" things aren't really needed to improve the game.

I just think the game is too light or basic for these features to be added in a way that would make them enjoyable for those who’d like them.

The pandemic would probably just be a news thing coming up saying there’s a pandemic so we can’t play at the moment and I’m guessing there might be a couple of random outcomes about how the season would end. The others wouldn’t be much different when you think about it and once the game has been out for about a month we’d all more than likely know all of the outcomes and what chances there were of them happening in a save. The novelty would soon wear off even for those wanting such features is my guess.

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

I just think the game is too light or basic for these features to be added in a way that would make them enjoyable for those who’d like them.

The pandemic would probably just be a news thing coming up saying there’s a pandemic so we can’t play at the moment and I’m guessing there might be a couple of random outcomes about how the season would end. The others wouldn’t be much different when you think about it and once the game has been out for about a month we’d all more than likely know all of the outcomes and what chances there were of them happening in a save. The novelty would soon wear off even for those wanting such features is my guess.

It would be no different to Brexit, on paper it sounds interesting but in reality it's just a pain that limits the fun of the game. 

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

I want a feature where my captain does the deeds with another player’s wife and the whole club implodes.

That's what the career forums are for 😂

I never thought I'd even jokingly request FMM romance fan fiction 😂