Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Frenchy Toons

FRENCHY TOONS

crazy-man-at-newcastle.thumb.jpg.958b026c94a1d6b393e99de86776f466.jpg

Newcastle United have always had quality players in the squad from France throughout the years take for Example 

David Ginola 

Laurent Robert 

Yohan Cabaye 

Hatem Ben Arfa  

Allan Saint Maximin 

Just look back at January 2013 when super scout Graham Carr signed FIVE French players in one window 

mikeashley-1.thumb.jpg.56c35fcc3d517d458c3523cee623c513.jpg

This alongside the fact Mike Ashley's policy throughout the years has been to sign players under the age of 25 with resale value , having never until recently spent more than £16 million on a player , turning us into a stepping stone club for players 

The challenge is simple over 3 seasons create the French Revolution at Newcastle 

You must only sign French players aged 25 or under with no one costing more than 16 million 

The points system is simple over the 3 years any goal a French player scores for the club is 1 point and any assist made by a French player is 1 point 

An Extra 100 points is on offer to anyone who by the end of the challenge only has French players at the club completing the French Revolution! 

Good Luck! 

@Scratch 682  -Here

@Kanegan 663  Here

Edited by AdamNufc

You had me at David Ginola...

So I guess all goals and assists from French players count, even if they are already at the club and you didn't sign them (ie Saint Maximin)? Maybe I'll do this combined with something like 5 Season Hero for my next career (still some time away).

16 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You had me at David Ginola...

So I guess all goals and assists from French players count, even if they are already at the club and you didn't sign them (ie Saint Maximin)? Maybe I'll do this combined with something like 5 Season Hero for my next career (still some time away).

Unfortunately I never saw Ginola play but I've saw the highlights of him and he looked a class act! 

Defo should give it a go and yes him and Lejeune are the only french players left at the club at the moment!

7 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Unfortunately I never saw Ginola play but I've saw the highlights of him and he looked a class act! 

Defo should give it a go and yes him and Lejeune are the only french players left at the club at the moment!

Ginola was just sublime. And when he came over to England, there weren't too many players that classy around, so he really stood out. Good times for the team. 😄

Great challenge for a great club.

Once you have signed your Frenchies are they the only ones you use for the whole challenge? Or can we just sign and sell as many Frenchies as we can during the 3 seasons?

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

Great challenge for a great club.

Once you have signed your Frenchies are they the only ones you use for the whole challenge? Or can we just sign and sell as many Frenchies as we can during the 3 seasons?

@Woody Mate that's a valid point I didn't think of that , with the aim being at the end of the challenge to have a full squad of French Lads I'd say once you sign someone French you can't sell them , only players allowed to be sold are non French and you can only sign French 

@AdamNufc - are there any rules around sell on percentages or exchange players? Ie does it have to be a straight transfer under £16M? Or can it be say £15M with a 50% sell on percentage; or £15M with an exchange player thrown in?

54 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@AdamNufc - are there any rules around sell on percentages or exchange players? Ie does it have to be a straight transfer under £16M? Or can it be say £15M with a 50% sell on percentage; or £15M with an exchange player thrown in?

I was also thinking the same although first season I have completed with straight transfers. 

16 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

I was also thinking the same although first season I have completed with straight transfers. 

@Kanegan 

@Scratch Both are fine BUT the player exchange , the player leaving your club can't be French , free transfers are fine and loans are fine too BUT if you do a loan with a view to buy the most you can have as the fee to buy is 16m as I know there's a way round the loan system where you say your gonna pay £225m as a buyout clause ( even if you only had £1 in bank and had no intention of paying that ) and they'd accept the loan more often than not 

18 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

@Scratch Both are fine BUT the player exchange , the player leaving your club can't be French , free transfers are fine and loans are fine too BUT if you do a loan with a view to buy the most you can have as the fee to buy is 16m as I know there's a way round the loan system where you say your gonna pay £225m as a buyout clause ( even if you only had £1 in bank and had no intention of paying that ) and they'd accept the loan more often than not 

Great thanks for the clarification. I started a save and all the players I was eyeing cost more than I thought, but maybe I'll squeeze a couple under 16M if I can give them a sell on percentage. Sorry though @Kanegan that you didn't use that in your first season.

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

My attempt - 663 points

Having trouble with leaderboard , when I post the link to your Thread how do I rename it to 'here' rather than the full URL 

Edited by AdamNufc
4 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Having trouble with leaderboard , when I post the link to your Thread how do I rename it to 'here' rather than the full URL 

When you insert the link, you will get the option to rename the text. You need to write there. 

4 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

When you insert the link, you will get the option to rename the text. You need to write there. 

I don't get that option it just says ' this has been automatically imbedded then gives a option to post link instead as text 

3 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

There is an option at the top for inserting link when you compose your post. 

It's worked but now I'm having issues removing the embedded link? I'm trying to back space and the box with your thread in isn't going away 

Can I ask a question, can we part ex anyone with a player over the asking price, so say a club is asking 30mil, if you can get it down to £15.75 mil and one of your players, is that ok, obviously he has to be French and under 25

That way you actually got him for under £16 mil

4 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Can I ask a question, can we part ex anyone with a player over the asking price, so say a club is asking 30mil, if you can get it down to £15.75 mil and one of your players, is that ok, obviously he has to be French and under 25

That way you actually got him for under £16 mil

Yeah that's fine mate , £16m is what you can spend too