Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Arsenal Strikers Peak

That’s progress mate, frustrating with that injury though. Are you training Martinelli’s aerial attributes and does he have a good mentor? Aerial stat used to be really over powered in the game and although it has been toned down is still a useful weapon. 

9 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

That’s progress mate, frustrating with that injury though. Are you training Martinelli’s aerial attributes and does he have a good mentor? Aerial stat used to be really over powered in the game and although it has been toned down is still a useful weapon. 

Assistant says he won't improve with any mentoring , got him on aerial now was training shooting to get it as high as possible 

He only had 2 years on his deal so give him a five year contract but he'd except nothing less than 250k which for a 19 old is insane but need to keep him for this challenge , but worried at end of his contract we won't be able to afford an improved contract so going to have to save some pennies from our budgets over the next five year 

Hi guys , im going to post season 3 update tonight and will continue with a season 4 and 5 update until the end of the Strikers peak challenge with Pepe 

After that for the 1KC challenge with Martinelli I was wanting to know what people would find best to read for this challenge , a season by season update? Or a every 5 season update where we might have more Martinelli goal progress to talk about? 

Be interested to see what people think 

36 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Hi guys , im going to post season 3 update tonight and will continue with a season 4 and 5 update until the end of the Strikers peak challenge with Pepe 

After that for the 1KC challenge with Martinelli I was wanting to know what people would find best to read for this challenge , a season by season update? Or a every 5 season update where we might have more Martinelli goal progress to talk about? 

Be interested to see what people think 

Hi mate, it’s completely your choice, but when I get into a long career after the first few season by season updates I try and do an every two season update. 
However every 5 would work and you could always drop in the occasional update to denote a certain milestone achieved etc. 

Agree with Smoggy that Aerial goes a long way. My tactic is all based around Wingers crossing it into a striker with high Aerial, so super important to me. Maybe less so for you with the IFs - but even then, the better the Aerial, the more near post corners are going in the net. Do the IFs pinch a lot of goals from Martinelli? I've always had problems with that, which is why I stopped using them. Obviously, that's necessary for Pepe of course.😄

As for update frequency: I like reading season by season updates, but of course I often get too busy to actually read them all. So I don't mind either way. It really comes down to what works for you. I normally post season by season, but once I just did the whole 1KC and posted at the end of it because I was too busy at the time. Whatever, you choose is fine!

I did manage to complete my first ever 1k last year with inside forwards and a poacher up top but it was with the whole aerial thing. I found for that system I started off with short passing and after a while switched to mixed and that seemed to make a big difference and put more goals to the main man rather than the IF’s. I did test the system a wee bit earlier this year and it’s still a decent system but very strange as I can get some pretty poor strikers to score a reasonable amount of goals but then with top strikers it’s sort of capped at just above a goal per game unless he’s got the great aerial then he can do better. I may revisit the system I used and try and improve it but I am always interested when I see people trying to use inside forwards as opposed to wingers for 1k’s.

In terms of the updates I’m not sure really. I’ve got one DT going now where I’m doing multi season updates but I tend to struggle when working out how much to include for each season when they’re bunched up and prefer to focus on one season ideally. It’s just I realise things can get boring for those viewing on the longer careers when most seasons end up being so similar so I sometimes do multiples later on as I am on the said DT.

So it’s up to you really but how well he’s doing at the end of season five might give you a good idea of how to approach it.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I did manage to complete my first ever 1k last year with inside forwards and a poacher up top but it was with the whole aerial thing. I found for that system I started off with short passing and after a while switched to mixed and that seemed to make a big difference and put more goals to the main man rather than the IF’s. I did test the system a wee bit earlier this year and it’s still a decent system but very strange as I can get some pretty poor strikers to score a reasonable amount of goals but then with top strikers it’s sort of capped at just above a goal per game unless he’s got the great aerial then he can do better. I may revisit the system I used and try and improve it but I am always interested when I see people trying to use inside forwards as opposed to wingers for 1k’s.

In terms of the updates I’m not sure really. I’ve got one DT going now where I’m doing multi season updates but I tend to struggle when working out how much to include for each season when they’re bunched up and prefer to focus on one season ideally. It’s just I realise things can get boring for those viewing on the longer careers when most seasons end up being so similar so I sometimes do multiples later on as I am on the said DT.

So it’s up to you really but how well he’s doing at the end of season five might give you a good idea of how to approach it.

I'm only using IFs for the first 5 seasons for the Pepe part of the challenge then will probably switch to wingers most likely in a 4-2-3-1 approach 

Yeah I thought with the updates a season upon season approach for the 1KC may become tedious for people as each season will be similar , I will just go with the flow 

I'm going to take everyone's advice and train martinellis aerial stat as this could benefit me 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Agree with Smoggy that Aerial goes a long way. My tactic is all based around Wingers crossing it into a striker with high Aerial, so super important to me. Maybe less so for you with the IFs - but even then, the better the Aerial, the more near post corners are going in the net. Do the IFs pinch a lot of goals from Martinelli? I've always had problems with that, which is why I stopped using them. Obviously, that's necessary for Pepe of course.😄

As for update frequency: I like reading season by season updates, but of course I often get too busy to actually read them all. So I don't mind either way. It really comes down to what works for you. I normally post season by season, but once I just did the whole 1KC and posted at the end of it because I was too busy at the time. Whatever, you choose is fine!

Yeah I'm trying to find a system that benefits BOTH Pepe and Martinelli for both challenges BUT maybe if I'd went with just the strikers peak or the 1KC and not both at once I'd of gotten a better chance of more success rather than focusing on two at a time 

Using IFs I do notice they steal a lot of goals from my main man Martinelli which is an issue but don't be after the 5th season when I can solely focus on Martinelli getting more and more goals 

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Hi mate, it’s completely your choice, but when I get into a long career after the first few season by season updates I try and do an every two season update. 
However every 5 would work and you could always drop in the occasional update to denote a certain milestone achieved etc. 

Yeah I was thinking it might get a bit boring season upon season updates for the 1KC so might move updating to between every 2-5 seasons after the 5th season 

23 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Yeah I'm trying to find a system that benefits BOTH Pepe and Martinelli for both challenges BUT maybe if I'd went with just the strikers peak or the 1KC and not both at once I'd of gotten a better chance of more success rather than focusing on two at a time 

Using IFs I do notice they steal a lot of goals from my main man Martinelli which is an issue but don't be after the 5th season when I can solely focus on Martinelli getting more and more goals 

Yeah, it's a tricky balance and no right answer to it. I'd say you're probably fine to do the 5 years and then still get Martinelli across the 1KC line, just it will put you a bit behind. Good luck whichever way you go!

SEASON 3 UPDATE

So last season we finished second in the Prem and won the Champions League while having a domestic cup meltdown knocked out early in both cups , could season 3 be any better? 

Screenshot_20200729-110651.thumb.jpg.c7ee8537d79b66be1a06e18a90ec6522.jpg

We still haven't produced the goods buy bringing a Premier League title to the Emirates even though we conceded the least goals in the league , still my tactic isn't getting us a lot of goals but a switch to strikerless has actually helped us a bit using Martinelli as a SS or Treq and Pepe as a IF , letting us improve a bit for goals.

COMPETITIONS

Screenshot_20200729-110539.thumb.jpg.12414aefae2ea12114b2167ee2022324.jpg

A win in the Champions League Final means it's back to back Champions League Trophies for the lads which is some success! Pepe was injured for the last 3 weeks of the season missing six games but came back to score the winner in the final! 

616947051_Screenshot_20200729-1107132.thumb.jpg.b1793d67edaf44f370462043139c5c89.jpg

We won the Club World Championship which had us win 7-0 in the Quarters , 6-0 in the Semi's and beat Dortmund 1-0 in the final. This tournament can be a goal mine with big wins so I'm happy to qualify for this again 

We won the Super Cup so another trophy into our cabinet but we're runners up in the Community Shield, losing out on pens after a 2-2 draw with Liverpool and had poor showings in the domestic cups including a 1-0 defeat against Everton in the third round! 

TRANSFERS

Screenshot_20200729-111916.thumb.jpg.8c38bbc7895c91269022e1bb054409a4.jpg

We signed Bender from Bayern who was quality , very versatile being able to play both defence and defensive midfield and was a rock for us providing some excellent tackles and interceptions 

We signed Szczesny to fight with Leno for the keeper position but he didn't play a game so we terminated his loan early to free up some wages 

Hakimi came in as just cover for the full back position but ended up playing 23 games and was outstanding for us , a quality purchase.

Inaki Williams , Isco and Arthur came into the club during the January transfer window to bulk up our squad a bit with Isco the stand out of the group 

Screenshot_20200729-112439.thumb.jpg.1e0eb1a3ad6163ee7eb99d615eeb1f18.jpg

We sold fringe players Rowe and Saka for £50m each , Torreira left as well and we got rid of Lacazette on the cheap as we never played him and he was always complaining , Mustafi, Luiz and Ozil all left on frees 

Pepe ( Strikers Peak ) 

1419834275_Screenshot_20200729-1106052.thumb.jpg.20f5d3f95c7fdc9a2af3b6dd72ee0473.jpg

Pepe scored 24 goals and provided 8 assists giving him a total for the season of 32 Points 

After 3 Seasons Pepe total points are 98 Points

It was a better season for Pepe than last but not as good as his first , I think if it wasn't for a 3 week injury meaning he missed 6 games at end of season we could have had out best season yet 

Martinelli ( 1KC ) 

221362529_Screenshot_20200729-1106272.thumb.jpg.4ed9e2480c4fd164dad0400dd6a714a9.jpg

Martinelli had his best season for the Gunners Scoring and impressive 30 goals this time round , that's some progress and the only way from here is up for this super star 

Season One 9 Goals 

Season Two 15 Goals 

Season Three 30 Goals 

Left to score 946

Conclusion:

All in all this was an okay season , I'm really happy with Martinelli's goal improvement but think I've went a bit all out trying to do two challenges at once and it's difficult to manage both players when it might have been better to focus on just one player to get better results 

It's that time of year where the FMM boredom kicks in being a couple months away from the new release and I feel I've got one last big save in me before the new game comes out , managing from the start in the Premier League gets a bit tedious as each season seems the same to me 

So my plan of action is , I will update you all in 2 seasons time at the end of Season 5 , I will be putting my efforts into a tactic that solely revolves around Pepe to get the most points for him as possible in the next two seasons for the Strikers Peak Leaderboard. I will still let yous all know how Martinelli is getting on at the end of season 5 BUT when the season 5 is over I will be looking at starting a final long term save of FMM20 before the new game comes out in October ( one last 30 season challenge but not in a big league) 

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think 😀

So I'm into my 4th season about to play Burnley in the Carabao Cup on 5th October 2022 , now never have I ever seen this Screenshot_20200729-153536.thumb.jpg.abbfc6bec922ebe1122a671fb3e66ada.jpg

My squad has been decimated by international call ups with 9 players off to play internationally I've got to fill my bench with greyed out players 

Now normally premier League teams aren't affected like this due to international breaks so I'm a bit shocked 

Has anyone else experience this? I'm thinking it's something to do with the 2022 world cup in December meaning a friendly needs to be played now but even in saves I've done before at Prem teams during the 2022 there's been no issue like this 👀

Not with the EPL, no. I used to get it quite a bit in France and early Cup rounds. I’ve not had it at all in this years’ version though.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Not with the EPL, no. I used to get it quite a bit in France and early Cup rounds. I’ve not had it at all in this years’ version though.

Yeah I doubt it's meant to happen as I've never ever experience it in the EPL , still got a good result thankfully but was a bit of a worry pre game 

I had a bit of trouble with that in Portugal on my ZZZ’s and didn’t fully work out what caused it. The idea I had was that some nations that failed to qualify for the World Cup were still having their usual in season international games and with the domestic calendar being altered meant some players unavailable for club on those dates. Maybe not that but it was the only thing I could think of and I failed to really check up on it.

Never had it in England but think I’ve only got to season 4 once there this year to my knowledge.

SEASON FOUR UPDATE

Well as I said earlier today I was only going to update yous after season five but season four has been a success for me so I'd like to show you all how I've done !

PREMIER LEAGUE 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200729-181624.thumb.jpg.f7f956ed3fa028e6068d6b1da9faf671.jpg

We won the League!!! Yes we did it eventually in the Fourth season and doing it in style as we only lost twice and only conceded 8 goals all season! Also scoring a good total of 72 goals which is an improvement on last season's total 😀

CUP COMPETITIONS

Spoiler

1816163374_Screenshot_20200729-1812512.thumb.jpg.eec6f107df6f9b728d2c9732bdfe26a6.jpg

So we couldn't retain the champions League for a third successive season losing in the Semi Finals to Juventus but we did manage to add a Carabao Cup to our trophy cabinet while also reaching the semi finals of the FA Cup , a big improvement for us domestically

TRANSFERS

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200729-181408.thumb.jpg.c175badf137ed6f589fc0e0b104fb257.jpg

In came Cancelo , Koulibaly , Sarr , Godfrey and Digne to provide a totally new backline for me , Gazzaniga came in as back up to Leno , koke came in to provide back up in midfield , I'd originally brought in Alli , Mitrovic and Martinez as forward options on loan but terminated them a few days later as decided I could do without and go with a smaller squad 

Screenshot_20200729-181419.thumb.jpg.37f84ece54d1a3a4656cbb6303b8b114.jpg

Out went Dier , Willock and Chambers , surprisingly just one week before Kolasinac's contract was about to expire Zenit offer £9m for him ( another example of poor opposition AI )

Nicolas Pepe Strikers Peak

I said in a post earlier today I would be more focusing on getting Pepe scoring goals to complete the strikers peak challenge with Martinelli's 1KC on the back burner as I fancy taking up one last long term save on FMM20 but one that's not in a big league or country 

SO did I manage to get Pepe having an improved season? 

Spoiler

1438549661_Screenshot_20200729-1808202.thumb.jpg.6e29436142b2253560a7c2eea33cf68b.jpg

YES! 

In a one up top tactic flanked either side by wingers Pepe thrived scoring 36 goals and assisting 6 giving him his best season yet of 42 Points 

Season One 40 Points 

Season Two 32 Points

Season Three 26 Points 

Season Four 42 Points 

Total so far 140 points 

I'm going to set myself a bug challenge of 60 points next season which is the final one to get us up to 200 points!

Martinelli 1KC

Did say I would be taking a step back from this from now on but I will still show yous this season's form from him and also next season's when I complete it for the final update 

So how did the Brazilian do when he wasn't the focal point in my tactic? 

Spoiler

1608544927_Screenshot_20200729-1813062.thumb.jpg.f366c17e0944f16bc43514095bf43d61.jpg

He did good considering he only played up top when Pepe was in need of a rest , playing the majority of the season shifted out onto the wing so a return of 17 goals is not to be scoffed at 

Season One 9 Goals

Season Two 15 Goals

Season Three 30 Goals

Season Four 17 Goals

Total Goals 73 goals 

Goals left to score: 927 Goals

A really enjoyable Fourth season and I'm very happy we only conceded 8 goals in the season which is a personal best from me! 

I also figured out how to use spoilers!! 👍

Hope yous enjoyed the read! 😀

Edited by AdamNufc
16 minutes ago, Woody said:

A much better season mate. Hopefully double that next season? 😉😆

Double will be a bridge too far as I've changed the focus of the career a bit 

Proper watertight defence there! It was always going to be tough combining the two challenges but Pepe is doing well and will hopefully get a nice score if he has a decent final season.

Just now, Ian said:

Proper watertight defence there! It was always going to be tough combining the two challenges but Pepe is doing well and will hopefully get a nice score if he has a decent final season.

It's a record for me, previously had only conceded 13 as the least amount so was quite chuffed with only letting in 8 , amount of clean sheets was brilliant! A 1 month injury for Pepe wasn't the start I needed but we adapt and move forward! 

Just now, smoggy90 said:

Great season from Pepe mate! Out of interest how did Bale perform for you?

Thank You! Bale was 33 when he arrived and performed well 21 games 3 goals and a assist only signed him for one season and he left on a free from us , he got Injured for a couple months and his attributes then started to drop , was surprised how good he played tbh average rating of 7.09 which is good 

16 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Thank You! Bale was 33 when he arrived and performed well 21 games 3 goals and a assist only signed him for one season and he left on a free from us , he got Injured for a couple months and his attributes then started to drop , was surprised how good he played tbh average rating of 7.09 which is good 

Yeah that’s decent, I find the games mirrors his real life quite well as he usually seems injured for me!

On 16/07/2020 at 07:28, AdamNufc said:

Thank you! 

10 year ago 2 up top was the Norm , I'm sure it will go fine , the 1 up top has came into fashion recently due to two ways , Tika Taka under Guardiola ( which was often actually a 4-6-0 ) as you needed one less striker to play a high brand of keep ball and under teams that park the bus therefore using a target man and having an extra midfielder or defender 

4-4-2 is a dying breed but I'm sure I can make a success out of it! 

Some very good 4-4-2 systems on here, especially in this season's game.

They can be lethal.

1 minute ago, Schwantz34 said:

Some very good 4-4-2 systems on here, especially in this season's game.

They can be lethal.

I went 4-4-2 at the start but switched to a 5-2-3 for the last couple seasons which seems to be working 

Great stuff mate. Shame you had to focus on 1, but makes sense as it's really hard to balance scoring for 2 players (been there, failed that!).

Also totally get the part how a long career in the EPL can get boring. Actually I find the same in any league. The first 3 or 4 are great as you build the squad, try to win Europe etc, but after that you settle into a 'win everything, score as much as you can' rut. 

As for the ITN callups, normally not an issue for me in the EPL, but have had it in China and Greece. Oh and the US was the worst, because their season runs Feb to Nov, so when the Euros were on most of my squad disappeared for a month... 

Anyway, good luck, keep going, get a great score!

SEASON FIVE FINAL UPDATE

So with the Strikers Peak Challenge lasting 5 seasons this will be my final update for this series , so let's see how I got on! 

Transfers In

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200801-102538.thumb.jpg.42ac9cb93a43348d43be1cfdbb01f823.jpg

In came Sergio Dest our main signing to start at right back alongside Martinez coming in on a bosman to provide cover at centre back 

On loan came in:

Inaki Williams who we had on loan previously and would provide quality out wide providing crosses for Pepe

Mo Salah arrived into the club as a back up option for whenever Pepe was tired on injured 

Frankie De Jong and Koke arrived to bolster options in midfield 

Areola came in as back up to Leno 

Transfers Out

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200801-102551.thumb.jpg.529c2568863507ffbaadad74ae611e03.jpg

We got rid of some fringe players to provide some more funds for the squad which we didn't end up using 

TACTICS 

Spoiler

1921181355_Screenshot_20200801-1031552.thumb.jpg.6d928c2c701b64d169e12d0c9ab31d43.jpg

I decided to go with a 5-4-1 formation with wingers providing the through balls and crosses for Pepe to latch onto , I press high with a high line as with the sweeper I can do this feeling comfortable that my sweeper and sweeper keeper can deal with any problems on the counter 

PREMIER LEAGUE

So last season we won the Premier League and in comfortable style too conceding minimal goals in the process , could we grab a second Premier League Title? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200801-100726.thumb.jpg.0d2da391ce6b9e5104f59d2af3d3c996.jpg

We could not! Even though we only lost 1 game this time round and conceded only 15 goals we finished second after drawing way too many games 

Disappointing but every season finishing in the top 4 I cannot complain 

CUP COMPETITIONS

Spoiler

305278423_Screenshot_20200801-1014142.thumb.jpg.2701c0ac4d537886f1d8810cfd6923b2.jpg

Cup Competitions in my final season were a DISASTER , knocked out in the champions League group stages , made the final of Euro Cup but lost to Chelsea , lost the FA Cup Final to West Ham , bowed out of the League Cup at the Quarters , the only good side to the cup competitions was a win in the Community Shield 

NICOLAS PEPE

Once again Pepe suffered an injury at the end of the season missing the last 3 weeks but could he still beat his total of last season? 

116271125_Screenshot_20200801-1014262.thumb.jpg.e5c4ef605dd7d297b4c82a65dcf9a1a4.jpg

33 goals and 7 assists gave my main man a total of 40 Points which is 2 short of last season , he would have definitely beat last season's points total I reckon if he wasn't injured at the end! 

Season One 40 Points 

Season Two 26 Points 

Season Three 32 Points 

Season Four 42 Points 

Season Five 40 Points 

Total 180 Points 

I know I stopped the Martinelli Challenge but he scored 15 goals in season five meaning in total he scored 86 goals 

@Foxy for the strikers peak can you please put Pepe score of 180 on leaderboard thanks 😀

Hope you all enjoyed the challenge attempt 

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Nice score there. I’m looking forward for more of you mate

Thank You! I'm sure I will be taking up another challenge soon 😀

46 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Thank You! I'm sure I will be taking up another challenge soon 😀

Would be good to see you focus on just the one challenge next time. Great attempt considering you were trying two at once! 

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

Would be good to see you focus on just the one challenge next time. Great attempt considering you were trying two at once! 

Yeah I'm going to focus on one challenge , I really bit off more than I could chew trying too at once , got a few in mind :)