Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Atletico Madrid Challenge | Ruvio4

The Atletico Madrid Challenge

2113226.jpg

This is my attempt at @Ashez challenge, in where a striker must score thirty goals or more in a season, be sold and replaced. The replacement must then achieve this, rinse and repeat.

I hope you all enjoy and follow this as I attempt to complete this.

The Main Man

20200716_100410.jpg

There it is... Diego Costa will be the first striker to get us underway! I will be keeping a leaderboard of each striker used to keep track of the best and worst performers!

Edited by Ruvio4
19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Good luck, a challenge I’ve been tempted to try a few times myself. It’ll be interesting seeing how you get on.

Thank you very much! @Ian

good choice - he is a monster if the right tactics are applied and used.. 

even i used him in my first season - for this same challenge...

good luck 

10 minutes ago, FMFanatic20 said:

good choice - he is a monster if the right tactics are applied and used.. 

even i used him in my first season - for this same challenge...

good luck 

Thanks mate hope to crack on with it tonight! 

Yeah the tactic I plan on using normally I have a Poacher up top, but potentially might change to a TM and adapt it for him! I could stay with him as a poacher though as his stats suit the Poacher role aswell.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Good luck with this one. I always think they have a lovely squad to start with.

Yes mate they do I mainly only strengthened back up players as my starters were ample for now!

We have made a flying start to the season and Diego is well off the mark. He had me scared in pre-season as he did score in any of the four games! I'll hopefully update tommorow night sometime.

Season One:

Results:

20200719_233609.thumb.jpg.87737905cdb9c35f2f64290bf8409b24.jpg

20200719_233642.thumb.jpg.4d15c5b121fb328af88635551e90b04c.jpg

I was slightly disappointed I will not lie as I thought we had enough to win them all but it was Real Madrid who put us out of both the Champions League + Spanish Cup.

Transfers:

20200719_233752.thumb.jpg.2f5929220d3b9bb3a0dc29c1b6d1d1e7.jpg

20200719_233816.thumb.jpg.a2846f9447a66017d3b98d04fa6fc8c6.jpg

20200719_233850.thumb.jpg.82b593434cbea31aaa3c430201c0041b.jpg

The Main Man:

20200719_233702.thumb.jpg.9f56c726ef0c1868543094b759bebb2f.jpg

There we have it season one in the bag and Diego got us going with a steady forty-five goals. He went through a few dry spells where Morata provided the goals from off the bench.

I will update again at the end of season two which I am getting underway as we speak. Hope you enjoy.

I am thinking of ending this for a tougher challenge, I got a budget of £171m and by the time I sold some players I had amassed close to £300m which kind of killee the fun for me as I was able to sign a striker who is arguably one of the worlds best and built a team around him that blew Real and Barcelona out of the water within the first few games. I will be back soon with another career, sorry that this was so short lived.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That’s a shame. You could have used this to join the 100 Club.

What's the 100 Club? I do have the save still... 🤔 maybe continue it if there is another motivation but *SPOILER* I got Lukaku who has hit ten goals in first three games so I dont feel as if the thirty goal a season is a challenge when I am being awarded massive budgets to sign world class players.

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

I always think it’s a perfect tie in with this challenge.

I'll have a look now mate may edit my comment and continue if it's something I'm interested in! Thanks!