Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Players with 5 star potential

hello.

Sorry if this is a newbie question. 

When it comes to players potentials I get confused. 

I like to start off in the lowest leagues so like the vanarama South or North and work my way up. If I signed a young player with 5 star potential what are the chances of him being a decent player if I ever got to the premier leage?

Because that's what stops me buying youth when I'm in the lower leagues  because I don't know if there be worth it in the long run. Where as in the premier league or any other high division you buy a youngster play him consistently and he improves. 

So pretty much my question is should I wait until the championship/ premier league before buying youth or would they still grow if i bought them in the conference and become decent premier league players?

Also I'm aware there potentials drop as you go higher. But I know they can rise if they play well

I wanted to answer but realised I haven't done a VNS / VNN season this year 😮

I did a couple of Serie C to Serie A promotions in Italy, and definitely I'd recommend grabbing some youth quality - even if they don't go all the way with you, you'll still probably make a lot of money on them, so I'd say it's a win-win.

Edited by Mr Tree

Having done a RTG with AFC Telford (Vanarama North/6th tier) I'd have to say youths probably won't make the Prem. All young players I had in the Vanarama North/National didn't make it further as first team regulars than League One. I have only had a single player stay a first team regular, though that was probably a one in a million chance. He was a 5 star academy graduate who I got in League Two and played 30+ game every season since 16. In general, you would probably be better of only signing young players if they are already good enough to be starting for your team in the first place

19 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I wanted to answer but realised I haven't done a VNS / VNN season this year 😮

I did a couple of Serie C to Serie A promotions in Italy, and definitely I'd recommend grabbing some youth quality - even if they don't go all the way with you, you'll still probably make a lot of money on them, so I'd say it's a win-win.

Yeah i agree with you. A good way to make money. I did a career in Italy the other day i really enjoyed it until I got to serie A then got humiliated and sacked haha

8 minutes ago, Adoring_Fan said:

Having done a RTG with AFC Telford (Vanarama North/6th tier) I'd have to say youths probably won't make the Prem. All young players I had in the Vanarama North/National didn't make it further as first team regulars than League One. I have only had a single player stay a first team regular, though that was probably a one in a million chance. He was a 5 star academy graduate who I got in League Two and played 30+ game every season since 16. In general, you would probably be better of only signing young players if they are already good enough to be starting for your team in the first place

dam you hit gold with that youngster. I grabbed a young goalkeeper off free agents in the national league South called vidal he looks extremely promising. Unfortunately he's out on loan in league two this season. Im in the national league below having got promotion. But ended up singing a young keeper from Tottenham. So Crawley loaned vidal but his stats are going up quite good so hopefully he may end up being okay. But yeah in general I didn't think a youngster would make it. I was just confused aha thank you :)

4 hours ago, Charlielfc24 said:

dam you hit gold with that youngster. I grabbed a young goalkeeper off free agents in the national league South called vidal he looks extremely promising. Unfortunately he's out on loan in league two this season. Im in the national league below having got promotion. But ended up singing a young keeper from Tottenham. So Crawley loaned vidal but his stats are going up quite good so hopefully he may end up being okay. But yeah in general I didn't think a youngster would make it. I was just confused aha thank you :)

Yeah definitely very lucky, dude has been a key player for over a decade now as well as club captain. But yeah as you said, you might find a gem now and then but if you keep getting promoted your teams quality improves significantly every season, so you can hardly expect youngsters to improve that much every season

I would say it’s very very very unlikely to. I’ve made about 3 career with VNN/VNS and only one of my youth actually make it to Prem and he’s a greyed out player. No proper youth player made it