Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2020

Looking forward to this, Vibe events are always great fun to take part in. Not sure I’ll live up to the tag of second favourite but I’ll give it a go!

Challenge Cup 2020 Preview

Sexy Sue makes her first appearance since the Vibe awards to present the tournament preview where unfortunately the Gloucestershire Gladiator @Foxy joins her to look ahead. It is well known that he has gotten far too big for his boots since winning this tournament two years ago and as a result of that he has requested entrance music on his way to the studio 😳 Can you believe that?

Hello Foxy. Thank you for joining me. You won this event the last time it took place, what are your memories of that fine moment?

Well my main memo...

Yes whatever, I don’t care. Nobody does. On to the proper questions now. You have teased in the past that work has been well underway for a while on your new TV show - Gardening with the Gladiator. Can you provide an update on this?

That’s a great first question Sexy Sue and thank you for asking.

Answer it then.

Obviously the lockdown has slowed things down a little bit as The Gladiator isn’t a man who knows the meaning of the words “social distancing” so he has had to be locked back in his cell for a little while till he can be re-educated. Once that is done you can expect a 200 part series to be on NutFlix in the new year.

There has been numerous accusations thrown around, especially by Ian regarding the level of corruption at Fox Bet. What is your response to him?

Its not widely publicised but I don’t run FoxBet and I am instead just the devilishly good looking “face” of the company who also happens to enjoy all the hefty profits. You would have to direct any complaints to FoxBet CEO Mental Micky so that he can tell you all to fuck off.

Please predict the order of who will qualify where in the qualifying round, without any explanation. Just the names. Hopefully you can cause some offence here.

Chicken Sandwich, Ian, Smog, Kane, Tree, Adam, JSAVFC, Cockers, Woody, Gunnersaur.

Who would you say is a dark horse in the event that you wouldn’t consider amongst the favourites but has a good chance? Maybe to reach a semi final?

Mr Tree showed some glimpses in the VPL And I think he could be a real surprise package.

So you think Tree will get a semi then?

Yes a huge semi could be on the cards.

Which professional darts player would you expect to perform the best in the Challenge Cup?

That would have to be Matthew “Prime Time” Edgar who is clearly better at FMM than he is on the oche.

image.jpeg.3d4e9d660b7cf6c7e982d53505561d71.jpeg

He joins Dave Grohl as being a huge Vibe fan as well as we know. You have seen the first challenge already in advance. What can the participants expect?

I think they can expect the usual high quality, thought provoking challenge that Vibe has come to expect from myself.

And finally, one name and one only. Who will be lifting the challenge cup in a few weeks time?

Smoggy is the man to watch.

*Foxy leaves the studio*

That concludes the preview. I’m hearing that the qualifying challenge will be up tomorrow. Good luck to all the participants.

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Please predict the order of who will qualify where in the qualifying round, without any explanation. Just the names. Hopefully you can cause some offence here.

Chicken Sandwich, Ian, Smog, Kane, Tree, Adam, JSAVFC, Cockers, Woody, Gunnersaur.

I'd gladly take 6th in qualifying right now to be honest 👀

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

We need some studio visuals to go along with these interviews 😂 brilliant!

There is some footage from after the interview and Sexy Sue was getting a bit handsy tbh.

image.gif.f992da2f98e50d0ac8611b5e687b565f.gif

Good interview there I am also contractually obliged to say there is no funny stuff going on at FoxBet great betting company 😉... How did I do there @Foxy? .... I'll be expecting that massive payout in full when it comes through 👍😂

I’m not actually sure where I’m at with FoxBet now to be honest. I thought I was still owed money but I’m guessing Mental Micky will  say otherwise. Fabulous company though and one I can highly recommend provided you’ve got money you accept you’ll definitely lose that is.

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

Tbh I have no idea why I’m ahead of @Ian 😂

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Maybe @Foxy was slightly drunk when he made his predictions 🦊🍻

There are two possibilities as to why I predicted in that order.

1. They were worked out at a top secret location in Alaska using a state of the art super computer.
  2. I just listed everyone’s names in the order they came to me.
27 minutes ago, Foxy said:

There are two possibilities as to why I predicted in that order.

1. They were worked out at a top secret location in Alaska using a state of the art super computer.
  2. I just listed everyone’s names in the order they came to me.

I’m predicting you’re eating or very hungry at the time

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Well @Foxy unless with this virus floating about flights are now allowed to the States I'm going to go with the latter option 

The FoxBet super computer is that state of the art it’s connected to the internet and can send me an email of the results.

Challenge Cup 2020 - Qualifying Round

image.thumb.png.005cbb5c7b1dd06872d10d0d5570964c.png

So all of the build up and preview from @Foxy is over and now the Challenge Cup gets underway. Foxy isn’t done there though as he has played a major role in designing the challenge for the qualifying round which I am contractually obliged to thank him for so let’s have a look at what we have come up with to ease you into the knockout stages.

Remember the top 8 progress to the quarter-finals with the bottom two exiting the competition but your position in qualifying will become your seed for the tournament.

This challenge is based around one of the most well known and successful teams in sport the All Blacks.

The Challenge

As the only New Zealand based playable team in FMM Wellington Phoenix will be the club you are managing. Despite being based in the capital of New Zealand they participate in the Australian A-League.

Squad Rules

Upon taking charge of the club you must immediately demote or get rid of any player that doesn’t have an Australian or New Zealand first nationality. The only players you can use in this challenge are players from those two countries, with the exception of one player.

You are allowed one “wildcard” player in your squad. This player can be any other nationality but must be brought to the club instead of starting at Wellington. This will be a key signing as he will be responsible for one half of your points.

Transfers in are allowed as long as they follow the squad rules. Frees are permitted but loans are not allowed.

You will earn 3 points for a win and one point for a draw in all competitions. This includes the Australian Cup and the A-League playoffs.

You will earn 5 points if your wildcard player scores a “try” in a match. In this challenge, a try is where your wildcard player scores a goal and grabs an assist in a match.

You will also have the opportunity to convert your try. If your wildcard player claims a goal and an assist in a match, you will gain the 2 additional points from the “conversion” if you keep a clean sheet in the same match.

So, examples:

• A 2-2 draw with your wildcard scoring once but failing to assist: 1 point from that match for the draw.
  • A 3-1 win with your wildcard scoring and assisting: 8 points. 3 for the win and 5 for the try.
  • A 2-0 win with your wildcard grabbing a goal and an assist: A maximum of 10 points from that game.

Clarifications

• Team: Wellington Phoenix
  • Squad must all be Australian or NZ first nationality...
  • ...Apart from your wildcard player. He must be brought to the club and be of the nationality of any other country
  • Frees and player exchanges are fine but loans are not allowed
  • Tiebreaker - If two participants are level on points the individual with the most league points will finish higher
  • Coaching badges are fine and any manager reputation. Any possible advantages from them are too minuscule to make a difference.

Deadline - Friday 31st July 5PM BST

Please submit your results in the PM thread used to confirm your participation in the event in order to save PM space.

Rules

• Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.

Screenshots Required

• Manager Profile
  • Full Fixture List
  • Squad List in Order of Appearances
  • League Table
  • Stats and Attributes of Bonus Player at End of Season
  • Transfers
  • Proof of Tries and Conversions

Well this is going to go tits up I can already tell 

Right lets get this straight , am I right in thinking if my wildcard gets 2 goals and 2 assists in a game has he scored 2 tries which is 10 points? And if it's a clean sheet it's 2 converted tries which is 14 points ( i.e if wildcard scores 2 assists 2 and the score is 4-0) @samhardy

3 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Right lets get this straight , am I right in thinking if my wildcard gets 2 goals and 2 assists in a game has he scored 2 tries which is 10 points? And if it's a clean sheet it's 2 converted tries which is 14 points ( i.e if wildcard scores 2 assists 2 and the score is 4-0) @samhardy

A player can only score one “try” in a match which is getting a goal and an assist.

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

So we can buy players, just not loan. Are player exchanges allowed? 

Exchanges are allowed.

3 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

There’s just one try and conversion available per game. 10 points is the maximum you can get from any game (3 for the win, 5 for the try and 2 for the conversion).

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

So we can buy players, just not loan. Are player exchanges allowed? 

Yes they are fine. Just no loans.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

A player can only score one “try” in a match which is getting a goal and an assist.

Exchanges are allowed.

Right I get it now , so if wildcard got say a try in 10 games , id have to screenshot the player stats page that shows goals and Assists for those 10 games?

2 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Right I get it now , so if wildcard got say a try in 10 games , id have to screenshot the player stats page that shows goals and Assists for those 10 games?

Yes, when you submit your score Sam will soon tell you if he needs any more information so make sure you keep the save till the end of this weeks challenge.