Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2020

Love the challenge and can already see from the comments that it will be a pain to get your wild card. Good luck everyone. 

Got my first choice - having low standards is the key. I'm on the eve of the first game now - gotta look after the family first though!

I didn’t really have trouble getting my wildcard. There were a few I looked at that were just totally out of my price range but then I found one and he didn’t need a work permit. I did only load the Australian league though which probably lowered the amount of options but maybe made more of the players available without a permit. 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I will be very disappointed if he doesn’t have some link to Brentford in some way.

No room for sentiment here Fox, this is serious business...

I've already completed the season and sent Sam my results , let's just say I'm hoping for a miracle here as I think I had a disaster 😂

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

I've already completed the season and sent Sam my results , let's just say I'm hoping for a miracle here as I think I had a disaster 😂

That was quick! 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

That was quick! 

Had nothing planned for my Saturday night so just stormed through the save in 5 or so hours , if I actually qualify I will be shocked but you never know!

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’m finished too, just have to hope I haven’t made a fatal error and end up with a d/q.

ERemWcdWsAMqx_C.thumb.png.4f66ab4c1626d0a954388866569faf6c.png

Sorry @Ian but I really hope you have been disqualified as it might save my bacon 🥓😂

2 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Everyone already started or completed

Havnt even created the save yet ha! 

Don’t worry mate I started the save last night but it’ll be midweek before I get chance to plough through the season. 

On 26/07/2020 at 07:57, Cockers2505 said:

Wow good challenge, but you guys must have a migraine thinking these rules and points systems up 🤣

No, they live for this stuff. I'm sure they have a lair where they plot this evil. Maybe an uncharted island or a remote facility in the Alps... 🤣

Good luck to all of you brave enough to take this on... 

2 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Do you still get the 'try' points if your wildcard scores and assists, but you don't win the game?

Yes you do.

Say if you lost the game 3-2 with your wildcard scoring and assisting you’d earn 5 points from that match.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Yes you do.

Say if you lost the game 3-2 with your wildcard scoring and assisting you’d earn 5 points from that match.

Good to know. Might need them points in the end 🤣

15 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Good to know. Might need them points in the end 🤣

Please say your struggling too? Cos I certainly did 😂😂

18 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Please say your struggling too? Cos I certainly did 😂😂

This game is all about bluff and counter-bluff...

I must say, I'm enjoying it - maybe a good 10-14 days off helped! I've stuck with my "old reliable" formation though, and might not have made the best choice with my wildcard, but I like to always make things into win-win situations - if I go out early, I can start on my new career earlier than otherwise :)

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

This game is all about bluff and counter-bluff...

I must say, I'm enjoying it - maybe a good 10-14 days off helped! I've stuck with my "old reliable" formation though, and might not have made the best choice with my wildcard, but I like to always make things into win-win situations - if I go out early, I can start on my new career earlier than otherwise :)

I took a few days off playing to refresh myself for the competition and just gotta see how it goes , I'm thinking after finishing the save it wasn't a disaster tbh BUT I could have went better with the wildcard but who knows maybe I actually won the League 🤔

I just wait until the results come out before deciding how well I’ve performed 😂

I’ve had the thinking you’ve done well only to find out results day you haven’t and vice versa.

I was happy with my wildcard though I will say that. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

I just wait until the results come out before deciding how well I’ve performed 😂

I’ve had the thinking you’ve done well only to find out results day you haven’t and vice versa.

I was happy with my wildcard though I will say that. 

I think it's always best to think you've done bad , then either your right or pleasantly surprised 😀

Scores in. Heartbreaking playoff loss on penalties. Wildcard picked up a two-month injury, missing January and February. Looking for an 8th-place finish and then knock Ian out in the quarter-finals :D

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Scores in. Heartbreaking playoff loss on penalties. Wildcard picked up a two-month injury, missing January and February. Looking for an 8th-place finish and then knock Ian out in the quarter-finals :D

I could easily go out but if we do end up meeting then remember you beat me the week we faced off in the VPL.

On 27/07/2020 at 10:17, Scratch said:

No, they live for this stuff. I'm sure they have a lair where they plot this evil. Maybe an uncharted island or a remote facility in the Alps... 🤣

It’s more of a cul de sac than a lair tbh.

Shortly sending the scores. I thought I had carefully selected my wild card as per my formation but he never dug in, scoring only goals and not enough assists. Don't know how have I done to be honest compared to all. 

Edited by Kanegan