Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2020

Great Write-up @samhardy not going to lie I sat for about 20 minutes deciding who my wild card would be and it was between Bashar Rasan and Gustavo obviously I picked Gustavo what a day for me an Fa cup for Arsenal and through to the next round hard luck to @AdamNufc and @broodje kip a good showing from both onto bigger and better things from both... delighted to be onto the next round with everyone else  .... @Foxy I still get my payout at 100/1 though right 😉😂

1766377207_photo17-02-2020174807.thumb.jpg.6933f18aed26a70f2be2b32ae031671e.jpg

The competition is really starting to heat up now as we enter the Quarter Final stage and we have 8 competitors left. Only 4 can get a semi though so let’s see who the bookies think will be those lucky quartet.

@Ian v @Mr Tree

Ian smashed the qualifying challenge and that has firmly cemented his favourites tag with the bookies. Mr Tree has been very bullish in claiming that this is the tie he wanted in the quarter finals and he will be hoping to repeat his victory over Ian when they met in the VPL.

Ian is clear favourite for this match at 1/6 but if you fancy Tree to cause a shock you can get 4/1 on a win for the Czech Chestnut.

@Woody v @Kanegan

This match looks the toughest to predict out of the four as both are capable of great things but they don’t always show it consistently in these events. One thing we can guarantee is that both will be fighting hard for the chance of a semi.

The bookies can’t split these two and have them both at 10/11 to make the next round.

@gunnersaur v @Jsavfc

This tie pits two of the surprise packages of the event against each other. It was expected that both Gunner and Villa would be fighting to qualify for this stage but both made it to the Quarters comfortably and will now be eyeing up this match as a great chance to progress further.

The bookies make Gunner favourite for this match at 1/2 after his immense score in the qualifying round but they won’t discount a Villa win either as he is priced at 6/4.

@smoggy90 v @Cockers2505

Cockers showed great resilience in qualifying to get through as he matched Villa’s score and was seeded higher on a tiebreaker. He may not see that as such a great thing now as he takes on tournament 2nd favourite Smoggy who has the full weight of the Parmo Army cheering him on.

Smoggy is favourite for this match at 4/11 whilst Cockers is priced at 11/5 and could be seen as representing good value at that price to cause a shock.

Overall Winner

Ian unsurprisingly remains odds on to win the event after his dominant qualifying performance but Gunner has seen his odds slashed from 100/1 to just 5/1.

• Ian - 8/13
  • Smog - 5/2
  • Gunner - 5/1
  • Woody - 8/1
  • Kane - 8/1
  • Villa - 20/1
  • Tree - 33/1
  • Cockers - 33/1

Specials

FoxBet know you love a special so we can offer these tantalising prices to prise your wallets open.

Ian to top score each week - 2/1

Woody to submit first - 500/1

Ian v Smog final - 11/8

Challenge Cup 2020 - Quarter-Finals

image.jpeg.ee703cbe422a27bbf40b2613d622dc0d.jpeg

Pictured above is Northern Irish striker Kyle Joseph George Lafferty. An example of the type of player you will be using in this challenge, however I reckon the players at your disposal won’t be anywhere near the quality of the “big” man. Some might say he is getting on a bit however blokes in the twilight of their careers is the name of the game this week.

Literally.

Blokes in the Twilight of Their Careers

Not the most catchy of challenge titles but who cares. The challenge this week is a very straightforward one, although don’t let that fool you as it is much more tricky than it first appears and littered with hidden difficulties. Let’s take a look:

• As you may already of guessed, you will be using ageing players during this challenge. You have until the first competitive game of the season to build your squad for the season, after which no more signings are allowed. Your squad must contain a maximum of 20 players, every single one of which must be over the age of 30. No wildcards, all 31 years or older. Note that depending on your club of choice, the first competitive game may be a European qualifier just 10 or so days after the start date.

That is pretty much the only rule of the challenge. A squad full of golden oldies. But...

• This challenge will be taking place in Northern Ireland. The country famous in the FMM world for its large number of cup competitions and a relentless fixture list. Fixture congestion is a real issue here, and will push your small ageing squad to the limit.

To increase the workload further, you are allowed to choose your club from the following list, all of whom take part in a European competition:

• Ballymena United
  • Cliftonville
  • Crusaders
  • Linfield

Can you cope with the brutal nature of the NI fixture list?

League Points +/- Goal Difference

20 Points if you win a domestic cup. This is all or nothing so if you win one of the cups you get the 20 points, if you don’t win it you don’t get anything from that cup.

You will also earn one point per goal you score in European competitions.

Clarifications

• The squad cannot contain more than 20 players. All of the players in the squad must be 31 years of age or over
  • The players in the squad can be any nationality
  • You have until the first competitive game of the season to build your squad. No more transfers in are allowed after that point. This in all likelihood will be about 10 days only because of the European fixtures
  • You can only use one of the 4 clubs listed
  • You can load any leagues
  • As with the last challenge, you can sell who you want and frees/part exchanges are permitted, but loans are not allowed
  • Any coaching badges and reputation
  • Tiebreaker will be league points.

Deadline - Sunday 9th August 11:59PM GMT

Please submit your results in the PM thread used for the previous round in order to save PM space.

Thanks to @Foxy for his assistance with the challenge

Rules

• Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.

Screenshots Required

• Squad list sorted by age on the day of the first competitive game of the season, and sorted by appearances at the end of the season.
  • Full fixture list
  • Manager profile and season history
  • League table
  • Transfers page

A league I’ve never tried before so this will be interesting! Cheers lads 😬

I presume you can keep any players already in the squad over 31? Not every single player has to be bought in?

Edited by smoggy90
14 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

I presume you can keep any players already in the squad over 31? Not every single player has to be bought in?

Yes - as long as they are 31 or over it doesn’t matter whether they start at the club or whether they are signed :)

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes a nice challenge that could go horribly wrong.

Here's hoping :D

Thankful for Sunday deadline - probably won't start until Wednesday... Getting into a new project for now, will hopefully post that in the next day or two :)

So do they have to be 30 and older or 31 and older because technically if they're 30 they're over 30 if that makes any sense .. basically if they're 30 and 1 day they're over 30 or am I not getting away with that 😂

2 minutes ago, gunnersaur said:

So do they have to be 30 and older or 31 and older because technically if they're 30 they're over 30 if that makes any sense .. basically if they're 30 and 1 day they're over 30 or am I not getting away with that 😂

Haha, nope not getting away with that ;)

8 hours ago, samhardy said:

All of the players in the squad must be 31 years of age or over

Commiserations to @AdamNufc and @broodje kip for going out and well done all the rest of the lads. 

Pfft, latest challenge looks pretty easy... Back in my day the players had to be 35+ and you had to turn training off for them... 😄 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I can’t get this one going at all and the dreaded sack is imminent.

LoL - in the one I was talking about above (35+ and no training in CC-XII), we pretty much all got sacked. Stick with it mate, hope it comes good.

Edited by Scratch
21 minutes ago, Scratch said:

LoL - in the one I was talking about above (35+ and no training in CC-XII), we pretty much all got sacked. Stick with it mate, hope it comes good.

I’ll keep going until the bitter end but it’s not looking overly good atm 😂

11 minutes ago, Woody said:

I know what you mean Ian.

I’ve also got that Zeh and he hates himself on my save too.

It’s bad enough when most of the squad hate you but when they start hating themselves you know things are going wrong.

25 minutes ago, Scratch said:

One of my finest moments I must say.