Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Can they finally find the potential they have or once had?

First off all I wanna say sorry if this challenge makes no sense.  In my head it does. But due to having learning difficulties it's difficult to actually say the things i want correctly aha so bare with me.

So over the last 10 years we've seen players come along and never fulfil that potential or early hype around them. As your see with the players I've picked some are young middle age and old. 

The challenge is can you take one of these players and get that potential outta them and go on to win leagues and cup's and have them represent there country often. So the players I put up you choose one of those and post your seasonal results with them :) hope it makes sence

Il explain why I've picked each player.

19200281_Screenshot_20200723-192009_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.2dbd86a74c0bd7615cba507772d4c0f0.jpgMario balotelli aka super Mario.

Inter Milan youngster had the world at his feet. Went to Manchester city and could just never reach that potential kinda just went down hill from there. Not saying hes a flop but he's just never hit his expected potential. 

2074245721_Screenshot_20200723-192118_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.75231f3bc78f16f61d4585e33e693a5c.jpg

Andy Carroll.

Before making his big money move to Liverpool. Looked like he could become a real talent. Thought he was gunna become the next Peter crouch. Im not mocking him. Crouch was amazing. I thought Carroll would have played that kinda role but it just never happened and his career has been halted due to injuries constantly.

620052474_Screenshot_20200723-192151_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.d1edcf518f00b70211aa54affd020c49.jpg

Michy batshuayi

Looked the real deal before joining Chelsea and hasnt been awful not the worst for sure. But his small stint at Palace you could see the kinda player he could become. But can also be very lazy at times which I feel is the reason why his career has come to a stand still.

1276369680_Screenshot_20200723-192220_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.1a85c5700000451d77236d38d4e3ced6.jpg

jordan ibe

as a Liverpool fan this one hurts. Having recently been released by Bournemouth in real life. I felt Ibe could've become something extremely special. When sterling left Liverpool this guy was hyped up to take his shoes. But the pressure ruined him. Ended up going to Bournemouth and hes never really hit the ground running.  At still a young age would be a fantastic project for someone nearing hitting his prime aswell. Can you turn ibe into the star he should've been?

1809090198_Screenshot_20200723-192235_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.f399c03bf6f838f742a24b79d11741dc.jpg

Dominic solanke 

Now this is kinda controversial considering hes only 21 still young. So your thinking Charlie why?

Prior to joining Liverpool solanke showed his real potential with England with the fellow other youngsters I wanna say it was the u20s correct me if I'm wrong.  Came to Liverpool was never really given a good opportunity. Ended up at Bournemouth in what felt like robbery we stole Bournemouths money. So far has played 39 games scoring 2 goals. Just like ibe I think would be a great challenge still young and has potential just needs someone to get that outta him.

1385213230_Screenshot_20200723-194751_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.e8f5e548ca6ced90975c19e79aa2ac79.jpg

Iago aspas 

This is a premier league challenge. 

Prior to joining Liverpool aspas was showing some real potential of becoming a poacher scoring for fun. And after Liverpool returned to Spain and continued banging in goals. Can you bring aspas to the premier league and show the premier what aspas is all about?

Edited by Charlielfc24
spelling errors

I like the concept but most of the players listed are in their 30's.

It makes more sense for a good challenge to use the younger ones. Maybe add a few more of those? Martin Odegaard is a good example for instance.

Good challenge idea though 👍

Edited by Schwantz34
2 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

It does make sense. Good challenge, may try it with Batshuayi 🙂

@SophiaFM Would be interesting save that like , he's a good player , would have him at Newcastle any day 

Edited by AdamNufc

I was thinking earlier about I felt a bit sorry for Bournemouth in their current position based on how we’d took advantage of them over transfers in recent years. On the other hand there’s surely no excuse from them on the Solanke one after having already suffered from the Ibe transfer.

Some nice names here to use for a save and you could even go with more than one of the players at the same time too.

Just now, Ian said:

I was thinking earlier about I felt a bit sorry for Bournemouth in their current position based on how we’d took advantage of them over transfers in recent years. On the other hand there’s surely no excuse from them on the Solanke one after having already suffered from the Ibe transfer.

Some nice names here to use for a save and you could even go with more than one of the players at the same time too.

@Ian There's something about Liverpool and taking advantage of the south coast , raiding Southampton for Lallana , Van Dijk , Mane and can't remember if there was someone else and then dumping Ibe and Solanke onto poor Bournemouth

I suggest the FA look into this scandal of a tactic and demand an immediate 3-0 automatic loss on your next game , whoever that may be against 🤔

7 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@Ian There's something about Liverpool and taking advantage of the south coast , raiding Southampton for Lallana , Van Dijk , Mane and can't remember if there was someone else and then dumping Ibe and Solanke onto poor Bournemouth

I suggest the FA look into this scandal of a tactic and demand an immediate 3-0 automatic loss on your next game , whoever that may be against 🤔

The annoying thing for me Adam is that I’d planned to go to this game. My plan was to go to the SoL for the Bristol Rovers game which I did, go to another Sunderland game and then the final game with us at St James. Shame the virus has messed with my schedule but can’t be helped.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

The annoying thing for me Adam is that I’d planned to go to this game. My plan was to go to the SoL for the Bristol Rovers game which I did, go to another Sunderland game and then the final game with us at St James. Shame the virus has messed with my schedule but can’t be helped.

It's a nightmare isn't it! I've got a season ticket so I've missed a few games and probably will a good few of next season too ☹️ Last seasons game at SJP was a classic against yous! 

Stepping into the stadium of light tho , now that is something many dread , even ask die hard mackem @samhardy

5 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

It does make sense. Good challenge, may try it with Batshuayi 🙂

Ah thats brilliant if you do be sure to show me your results :) I'm thinking of doing one with batshuayi as I feel he has bags of potential 

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I like the concept but most of the players listed are in their 30's.

It makes more sense for a good challenge to use the younger ones. Maybe add a few more of those? Martin Odegaard is a good example for instance.

Good challenge idea though 👍

Martin odegaard is a great suggestion my knowledge outside of England isn't strong but im more than happy to hear suggestions for me to add :)

1 hour ago, Ian said:

fully agree with you after ibe youd think maybe they should have learnt. And then paying that money for solanke considering how he was at Liverpool when I heard the fee I thought who ever at Bournemouth thought thats a bargain must of been having a rough day because it was robbery 

Sturridge could also be a contender for this type of challenge, not really had the career he could’ve had apart from 1 or 2 good seasons with Liverpool. Mostly because the exciting thing is he’s a free agent and you can sign him anywhere. Could have Messi feeding Sturridge if you want 🤤

11 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

Sturridge could also be a contender for this type of challenge, not really had the career he could’ve had apart from 1 or 2 good seasons with Liverpool. Mostly because the exciting thing is he’s a free agent and you can sign him anywhere. Could have Messi feeding Sturridge if you want 🤤

Ah dam howd I forget sturridge have him and suarez back together aha but yeah messi in the frame too phoo deadly ive tried sturridge previous i signed him and the next day he got injured in training and missed 7 months I was like thats the biggest sturridge thing going aha

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Ravel Morrison is a good one if he's in the game. Bojan Krkic and Adnan Januzaj are another two.

morrison is in the game ive used him and it went bad I just couldn't do anything with him. Bojan and januzaj are extremely good shouts I think bojan is in the mls now but good names there thank you :)