Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Finding Newgens

Hi guys, I was interested to hear how you all go about finding the best newgens. I know some send scouts out to South America, some search by Age + Value while some search by attributes. I was wondering what's the best way you have found and how much success you have had with this method! I'm interested to hear everyone's different techniques and tricks to finding them as we all know they are a massive part of the game.

Just player search sorted by age (youngest first) with a high Technique value, I'd say. Then the actual player value should show who the guaranteed stars are, although I like to avoid them and build up a less obvious lad instead. You can filter by transfer listed if lazy, the computer always inexplicably lists a few, and I like my team to have high Teamwork too, so I usually look for at least 10 Teamwork and 15 Technique, and as I go up I might push that to 11-16 or 😮 12-17

10 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Just player search sorted by age (youngest first) with a high Technique value, I'd say. Then the actual player value should show who the guaranteed stars are, although I like to avoid them and build up a less obvious lad instead. You can filter by transfer listed if lazy, the computer always inexplicably lists a few, and I like my team to have high Teamwork too, so I usually look for at least 10 Teamwork and 15 Technique, and as I go up I might push that to 11-16 or 😮 12-17

Yeah I normally use Technique to filter them mate as the game always seems to assign promising players high technique. I never tried the transfer listed trick though I might have to try that out! 👍

How much do you listen to your scout reports on them? Do you tend to go by your judgement?

Edited by Ruvio4

If you're hunting for the regen of a particular player, then their feet are always the same and their nationality is normally the same (it can change, but is pretty rare). This year their positions will change a bit, although one of the bright green positions of the original will be a bright green position of the regen. The other thing that doesn't change is the real PA, but of course you can't see it (but I've used it in testing how the regens come back). Sometimes a player will just vanish and have his PA distributed to other players, but this is really rare. 

But it sounds like you're not after a particular player, but rather after good players in general? If so...

I wouldn't pay that much attention to Technique to be honest. I just checked a save I had laying around and both the Messi and Ronaldo regens came back with a Technique of 12. I'd put more stock into Thrives in big matches - most top players have that, although some lower PA players can get it too. 

But these days my general strategy to finding good young players is not to even think about who they might have been in the past.

I generally load as few leagues as I can. For eg, if I load England, I won't load Spain. If you load Spain as well, then you get a whole load of Spain youngsters - some great, some bad and a lot in between. If you don't load Spain, you'll get a lot less youngsters, but the regens of best players are all going to be there, so there's a much higher chance that the player you buy is actually the regen of a good player. I don't bother looking for regens in the nation I'm playing for this same reason. Instead I look for youngsters from other nations, focusing mainly on those with the best players: Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, etc. 

I also keep an eye out for transfer listed players. Most of the best players end up at a big club or at a least at a club in a big league (eg the Ronaldo regen ended up at Hertha Berlin instead of in Portugal). They are generally any age from 16-24. Some go straight to being a squad rotation player and will cost a bucket to buy. Some will just be hot prospects. But about 30% or so (just estimate, never measured it), will end up on the transfer list and you can buy them for 10% of their list price. 

So yeah, that's my strategy - forget who they are, limit the amount of players from the nationalities you want to target, and look for players transfer listed in the top leagues. It may not get you Messi or Ronaldo, but it will get you very good players.

And never trust the scouts! 🙂 Had one tell me once that the Messi regen was 1.5 star PA... I only use them to see if there is a difference between CA and PA, which means they develop a lot. The scouts seem a little more accurate pointing out the gap, but even then I don't trust them much

I do like using scouts cos there's time in the summer and you get the feedback on the intangibles such as "Thrives in big matches". Not too bothered otherwise. And I like the whole team to (slowly) get good (elite) Technique, Scratch - happy to miss out on some regens for that.

Wow, thanks for such in-depth replies guys some great pointers there! I will deffintley add 'Thrives In Big Matches' to my list as I never noticed this before!

I usually go by value so if I search for young defenders and see two who look to have similar attributes but one is valued at £20k and one at £1m I’ll go for the £1m one.

Might not be a great technique but it worked well for me on my Kean save where I tried to get practically every decent young Italian player at club level to help us at international level. 

Just now, Ian said:

I usually go by value so if I search for young defenders and see two who look to have similar attributes but one is valued at £20k and one at £1m I’ll go for the £1m one.

Might not be a great technique but it worked well for me on my Kean save where I tried to get practically every decent young Italian player at club level to help us at international level. 

I often use value as an indicator also mate!