Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career (SACKED)Adam attempt at The Frenchy Toons Challenge

The Strikerless French Revolution

1200px-Flag_of_France_svg.thumb.png.649969c51fafd712d2d7f92bf49e2d7d.png

It's now my turn to attempt the Frenchy Toons Challenge which I created , so far @Kanegan and @Scratch have participated and you can find it here 

The rules are simple 

Only Sign French Players aged 25 & Under who cost no more than £16 Million 

Lasts 3 Seasons 

1 point for every goal a French Player scores 

1 Point for every assist a French Player makes 

A bonus 100 points if all players at the club at end of save are French only 

MY ATTEMPT

After a failed takeover attempt from Saudi Arabia , Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley decides to employ new polices at the club and create his own revolution.

After he hired myself he told me his new rules of running the club, which in essence were that I must only sign French players aged 25 or under who shall cost no more than £16 million 

Ideally Mike Ashley wants the club to only have French players at the club by the end of three seasons 

TRANSFERS

I decided to overhaul the squad immediately getting rid of every non French player I could , by the end of the clear out I was only left with Dubravka of non French descent , he would not agree terms with any club even though I did accept bids of £25 million for the Slovakian 

Outgoings

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200802-142744.thumb.jpg.651f0e924cff8809b2596a62d8ea24de.jpg

Screenshot_20200802-142751.thumb.jpg.8905f79b89cdee22489240ef120ab88a.jpg

As you can see some big fees were received , Almiron off to Palace for £37m , Matty Longstaff and Clark sold for £20m a piece as well being the stand out prices received 

There was obviously no interest from clubs in signing two left foot Joelinton so he will be left to rot in the reserves 

Incomings 

As you will see from the Spoiler below no transfers came above £16m though we did have to use player exchanges to be able get some players through the revolving door , most notably both Morgan Samson and Malang Sarr joining us 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200802-142721.thumb.jpg.703fdcbde761ae909338a33e9a86470e.jpg

Screenshot_20200802-142731.thumb.jpg.1be9bdd32b9d3929a9e97369bdb4f17c.jpg

My Stand Out Signings 

Morgan Sanson

Screenshot_20200802-144431.thumb.jpg.3cd7be169518c9266d1fe1ca5e6b8586.jpg

Morgan is a very tidy attacking midfielder who is comfortable on the ball with good attributes in both passing and technique , he will be one of our main creative threats in this save , a quality signing considering we will be going strikerless for the challenge 

Ferland Mendy 

Screenshot_20200802-144714.thumb.jpg.6cc1b7da7e88770d60a94434ee6d8e64.jpg

After some time of player searching I noticed Mendy has a £9.5m release clause in his contract , this is some coup signing the player from Real Madrid so cheap and he will be our first choice left back

Malang Sarr

Screenshot_20200802-144905.thumb.jpg.4c533a0eafcb5278e258639889f44730.jpg

At the age of 20 Sarr has lots of potential and already has solid attributes for a defender at the level Newcastle are, he will improve in future as he has in other saves I have had.

TACTICS

Often in Football Manager I have struggled with possession and even if I win the league in a season most games I have less of the ball BUT every time I have had a go with a strikerless formation I have found it provides much better quality of possession and has given me success in the past , so I will be giving strikerless a go for this challenge 

1485093415_Screenshot_20200802-1422452.thumb.jpg.7129531e474fe51f852f80fc2dd11bab.jpg

This is the formation I am going with , when in possession this often turns into a 3-3-4 and without the ball it pretty much becomes a 5-5-0

With the challenge I created ( Frenchy Toons) being all about how many goals are scored we will be playing overload and looking to press very high and dominate games 

AIMS 

With such a high turnover of players in the first transfer market and having not used many of the players I have coming in , I'd be happy with a top 8 finish and a good cup run 

Will be relying on Maximin and Sanson to stay fit all throughout the season as those two on my opinion will be my main source of goals 

Thanks for reading , let me know how you think I will get on 😀

Edited by AdamNufc
I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Good luck mate. I’m looking forward to this

Good luck mate.

I love that of your 3 highlighted players, I didn't sign any of them and one of them (Sanson) wasn't even on my radar! It shows there's so many ways to approach things in FMM... They all look good, particularly Sanson. I tried hard for Mendy but couldn't get him (he either didn't want to come or maybe his wages were too high). Reminds me that I need to write up my season 2 (had a couple of days of FMM now).

Anyway squad looking good, tactic looking nice and attacking, an't wait to see how you go!

21 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Good luck.

Thank You!

added 0 minutes later
21 hours ago, Ian said:

Some nice new signings and an interesting looking system.

Good luck. 

Thank you! Majority I've never used before so will be a interesting first season , already had to modify the system a wee bit 

2 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Good luck mate, love a strikerless formation!

Same! They take a while to set up to where everything works and I'm happy with the tactic but once everything clicks they work a treat! 

added 0 minutes later
11 hours ago, Scratch said:

Good luck mate.

I love that of your 3 highlighted players, I didn't sign any of them and one of them (Sanson) wasn't even on my radar! It shows there's so many ways to approach things in FMM... They all look good, particularly Sanson. I tried hard for Mendy but couldn't get him (he either didn't want to come or maybe his wages were too high). Reminds me that I need to write up my season 2 (had a couple of days of FMM now).

Anyway squad looking good, tactic looking nice and attacking, an't wait to see how you go!

It's nice and attacking so will either go great or the wheels will come off! 

Sanson looks good already scored a hat Rick in pre season against Hull 

Halfway Season One Update

Well I thought I'd update you all after 21 games and I'm sad to say the season so far has been nothing but a DISASTER 

Screenshot_20200804-102611.thumb.jpg.17167ce7913212f979ebbbde05e36b20.jpg

I knew this was going to be a difficult season after over hauling the squad but did not expect it to be this much of a shambles and be fighting relegation 

Screenshot_20200804-102631.thumb.jpg.385e6932fc228469bc0288631bf86210.jpg

Screenshot_20200804-102705.thumb.jpg.8a62d6c577ed320656ea7a16bfdfe178.jpg

As you can see from the fixtures so far is we have been less than impressive , we have also only scored 16 goals which is a huge concern , I've had to throw strikerless out the window in an attempt to salvage something from this season and sent straight back to a trusted two up top formation 

Joelinton was brought back from the wilderness as the 100 points is only if the whole squad is French by the end of the challenge and he's out top goal scorer so far , I wasn't going to recall him but it was needed with the crisis we are currently in!

We have made some striker signings in January early on to try help us get more goals and climb the table 

Kamara

Screenshot_20200804-102140.thumb.jpg.fca0bb1ed77025120a42b0d7c568760b.jpg

In came fast and strong Kamara from Fulham in a bid to get us some goals , we will be going for a counter attack approach to try keep us in the league so his pace and hold up of the ball will be vital 

Fortune

Screenshot_20200804-102131.thumb.jpg.ff6b93fdaf02987d8cf0f874d185320f.jpg

Fortune was another striker who I signed on loan from FC Soon , never heard of him before , solely signed on good looking attributes though the mental attributes are a concern , back up striker to come off the bench 

Hunou

Screenshot_20200804-102122.thumb.jpg.637f4e13d045eebb4196c123f0ee0f0a.jpg

All round good attributes will hopefully mean Hunou can consistently get his name on the score sheet 

Guirassy

Screenshot_20200804-102112.thumb.jpg.bf5ce2bfcf34089af0e1f1778d8dd989.jpg

The 4th striker to come in is Guirassy who has strong physical attributes with a 15 in shooting 

Signing 4 players has been a desperate attempt to not be relegated and hopefully at least 2 of them can provide for us

The next update will either be at the end of this season or more than likely in the next 10 games when I'm collecting my P45 after this awful showing 

Hopefully I can have a miracle ending to the season! 

Comments Welcome 

Ouch, that's a tough season so far... 

I had the same terrible start, but it turned good while yours just kept on going. I actually think it was our defence that turned it around for us rather than the attack. The losses turned to draws, then one-nils, etc and once you start to get a roll on, the goals start to come. But if you keep on losing, it can be really hard to break that cycle. Been there done that!

Anyway, hope you break out of that soon and start posting some draws, then wins and get some momentum going and finish the season strong. The incoming lads look good, especially Guirassy who seems like my sort of striker (but whom I don't think was on my radar at all). Mind you, you can probably expect a terse message from Charnley about the waste of buying 4 players and all the same position! 😄

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Ouch, that's a tough season so far... 

I had the same terrible start, but it turned good while yours just kept on going. I actually think it was our defence that turned it around for us rather than the attack. The losses turned to draws, then one-nils, etc and once you start to get a roll on, the goals start to come. But if you keep on losing, it can be really hard to break that cycle. Been there done that!

Anyway, hope you break out of that soon and start posting some draws, then wins and get some momentum going and finish the season strong. The incoming lads look good, especially Guirassy who seems like my sort of striker (but whom I don't think was on my radar at all). Mind you, you can probably expect a terse message from Charnley about the waste of buying 4 players and all the same position! 😄

It's currently a shambles @Scratch trying everything under the sun to keep above the drop but keep getting dragged back in , just drawn a couple so will see how it goes 

Forget Charnley , I've had a protest from the fans already outside the ground but thankfully the board say they have confidence in me 😂

2 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

It's currently a shambles @Scratch trying everything under the sun to keep above the drop but keep getting dragged back in , just drawn a couple so will see how it goes 

Forget Charnley , I've had a protest from the fans already outside the ground but thankfully the board say they have confidence in me 😂

Yeah, that's how the turnaround starts - slowly at first. Stick with it mate. 

Those bloody fans, hey? Thank god for the board! 

Wait a minute... 🤣

Edited by Scratch

A bit of a rough start and I guess now it’s just a case of trying to steady the ship and keep yourself in the job. If you can just get to the end of the season then you can maybe take stock and rebuild a bit for next season. I wish you good luck.

SACKED 

1952596080_Screenshot_20200804-1802462.thumb.jpg.36c18f5994b47930bbe69bc7aa4ecbd3.jpg

After 31 games we had 23 points, our next game was a FA Cup Quarter Final clash against Chelsea but I would not be in the dugout for that game and the Newcastle Board terminated my contract after an abysmal three quarters of a season 

Screenshot_20200804-180343.thumb.jpg.59116580e2d365b5ed21da360026fb67.jpg

As you can see we were left right down in 19th 4 points from safety but teams ahead of us had a game in hand 

Screenshot_20200804-180856.thumb.jpg.c7ef0bb7a0396be044acee24b65e2078.jpg

Screenshot_20200804-180904.thumb.jpg.a0ceb95edfe9beb6f7357e4d2bfb4c3e.jpg

Those are the results that followed since my last update 

A really poor showing from me for my own challenge , a big failure but not the end of the world and I am sure I will succeed at a new challenge 

@Ian @Scratch @Kanegan @smoggy90 thanks to yous and anyone else for commenting and following , shame I didn't have any success to talk about 

Edited by AdamNufc
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I absolutely love that you posted it. Most people would have conveniently forgotten the thread ever existed.

Nope not me , was a shocker but wasn't going to not finish the thread , be it a good ending or a total disaster like it was 😂

Gutted... Almost as upset as when the board sacked Rafa... 😄

Looked like you were turning the corner there for a while, shame it went sideways again. Like the others have said, it's good you posted it, it doesn't hurt for people to see that sometimes it doesn't work out. And I find it enjoyable to read too.

Looking forward to your next career.

Yes very unfortunate @AdamNufc, you aren’t alone though as the FMM Newcastle board have sacked @Ashez in the past too. Same reason, poor league position. I would say he bounced back but I don’t think he ever did. Hopefully you have differing fortunes :P

17 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Unlucky @AdamNufc but I bow down to your honesty, this looks a really good yet hard challenge and you can always learn from your time doing this

Thank You @Cockers2505 have to see how my next challenge goes but God knows what it will be yet 

added 0 minutes later
17 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Fair play mate, like Rob said hats off for posting and I’m sure you’ll bounce back with another great career.

I'm sure I will but don't know where yet 

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, Ian said:

Hard lines but hopefully the experience will help you and you’ll bounce back. 

Thanks Ian , I will bounce back just don't know at which club yet 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Learn from failure and go again!! 

Thanks @Ashez

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Yes very unfortunate @AdamNufc, you aren’t alone though as the FMM Newcastle board have sacked @Ashez in the past too. Same reason, poor league position. I would say he bounced back but I don’t think he ever did. Hopefully you have differing fortunes :P

Hopefully! See how it goes next time , hopefully with me being sacked someone rescues Newcastle from going down 😂

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Oh man this is sad. This also reason why I’ve never attempted my own challenges 

Yeah I didn't set the bar very high aha 

11 hours ago, Scratch said:

Gutted... Almost as upset as when the board sacked Rafa... 😄

Looked like you were turning the corner there for a while, shame it went sideways again. Like the others have said, it's good you posted it, it doesn't hurt for people to see that sometimes it doesn't work out. And I find it enjoyable to read too.

Looking forward to your next career.

Thanks @Scratch and don't even , when Rafa left it was a bad day for the club! 

I thought the 5 games undefeated was the turning point but sadly it was not to be! 

added 0 minutes later
18 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Ok tough luck out there but chin up and probably have a second go at it.

I will at some point give I another go with a different approach