Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Kevin De Bruyne Challenge

Rob

AAB8C7F5-DB8B-45E1-AEF1-7B65BB1B6D67.thumb.jpeg.0ea958765d9ab15501508c480c5be84a.jpeg

The Belgian magician known as Kevin De Bruyne is, quite frankly, an extraordinary player. He is the best creative midfielder of his generation and the fulcrum of what of the world’s best teams.

This season he managed to grab 20 assists in the Premier League, equalling the record set by Thierry Henry. Not only did he aid goals he also scored 13 himself. In total KDB contributed towards 33 of 102 goals this season.

In this challenge you are to:

⁃    Take control of Manchester City;
    ⁃    Make Kevin De Bruyne the centre piece of your team;
    ⁃    Have him assist and score as many league goals as possible

Your final score will be league assists + league goals. You don’t, for example, need to win the league or have a good goal difference. Remember, only league assists and goals count - your team performance is not important, although it does help to do well obviously.

Only those with a total of 33 or more will qualify for the leaderboard.

General rules:
    •    No unlockables;
    •    No cheating;
    •    Own formations;
    •    And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
    •    Any badge and reputation;
    •    Any database;
    •    Transfers, etc, allowed;
    •    Again, don’t be a cheat

Thanks, and good luck! 

Leaderboard

1. 85 - @RichD - Here
  2. 75 - @Ian - Here
  3. 75 - @Rob - Here
  4. 74 - @Aaron Thornton - Here
  5. 72 - @Scratch - Here
  6. 70 - @smoggy90 - Here
  7. 70 - @Raven9 - Here
  8. 64 - @RichD - Here
  9. 63 - @Scratch - Here
  10. 61 - @KaneganHere
  11. 56 - @RichDave32 - Here
  12. 54 - @Ian - Here
  13. 52 - @ScratchHere
  14. 46 - @Hamza lfc - Here
  15. 41 - @Aaron Thornton - Here
52 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

I'm presuming this is just a one season challenge? 

Yeah, although if you carry forward the other goals you could include in a few other challenges too.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Nice one this Rob.

I may well give it a go and the good thing is I won’t need to buy Gündogan.

He will be there waiting for you. How lovely. 

@Rob What's the rules on retraining him? Can you retrain him as a right winger and get him playing out there sending the crosses in? Can you retrain him as a striker and put him up front? 

I want to try him with a couple of my tactics, but he'll probably work better out wide or upfront and the rules don't say you can't retrain him, but I figure that's something I should check is okay as it could be against the spirit of things.

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Rob What's the rules on retraining him? Can you retrain him as a right winger and get him playing out there sending the crosses in? Can you retrain him as a striker and put him up front? 

I want to try him with a couple of my tactics, but he'll probably work better out wide or upfront and the rules don't say you can't retrain him, but I figure that's something I should check is okay as it could be against the spirit of things.

Absolutely fine. In these short ones I do I quite like seeing what ideas people come up with.

I was contemplating upgrading the Liverpool Front Three one to Front Four next version, including Jota, just to see how people approach it.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Absolutely fine. In these short ones I do I quite like seeing what ideas people come up with.

I was contemplating upgrading the Liverpool Front Three one to Front Four next version, including Jota, just to see how people approach it.

Great, I'll give both the right wing a go (with my tactic that got an assists 1KC) and upfront (with my TT tactic). I'm sort of interested to see how he goes in both of those! I've never been able to afford him in a 1KC, but used to try to get his regen half way through and turned him into a winger a couple of times and he (well the regen) did great.

A Liverpool Front Four would be great! That would make it interesting to make something work for 4 players...

Thanks!

Edited by Scratch
43 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Great, I'll give both the right wing a go (with my tactic that got an assists 1KC) and upfront (with my TT tactic). I'm sort of interested to see how he goes in both of those! I've never been able to afford him in a 1KC, but used to try to get his regen half way through and turned him into a winger a couple of times and he (well the regen) did great.

A Liverpool Front Four would be great! That would make it interesting to make something work for 4 players...

Thanks!

It sounds really sad, but I’m really intrigued to see how you do! 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

You’re not sad Rob, I am as well 😁

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

Well at least I know one person will read about my attempts then! 😄

But if you're sad, we're all sad, and I'm pretty sure we're not that bad!