Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The [Insert Your Name Here] Challenge

Rob

B46DF7D8-7AEC-4840-84BE-F0A2E90A844E.thumb.jpeg.af2b2e371bbed762b19dc890794ca696.jpeg

• Want a challenge where you set the rules?  
  • Where it does not matter whether you get the sack?  
  • Where it all about you?  

Then this is the challenge for you. One of my favourite areas of the forum is the ‘Say Hellp’ area where people introduce themselves.

This challenge is an extension of that. It’s really simple. You pick any team, any players, and play just one season. You can use any tactic and database want. However, one signing must have part of your name, or close to your name, in it.  For example, if my name was Jack I could sign Jack Grealish. Someone called Ron could use Ronaldo, etc. 

The idea of the save is that you take us on a one season journey and explain something, or somethings, that you want to tell us about. For example, Jack could sign Jack Grealish for Roma as Rome is where he proposed to his (now) wife. His target could be to score five goals - one for each of their cats. In his one seasoncareer post he would include comments, maybe pictures, of Rome and cats. Or you could play for your hometown club and talk about some of the local attractions. Maybe you could play for a holiday location or the home of your favourite band.

The idea is that you narrate your season and make it entirely your own experience. You can also do this as often as you like!

There won’t be a leaderboard, as such, but instead there will be an index linking to people’s careers.

If you give this a try then please do enjoy yourself and take as many liberties as you want!

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

This is very interesting. Wonder how am I going to find someone named Danish

Thanks. Use a Danish player.

Sounds an interesting challenge to approach, lots of potential ideas. 
On a side note I’m glad I read this as I had no idea of the ‘say hello’ area! I’ll have to do one myself even though I’ve been knocking around a few years. 

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Sounds an interesting challenge to approach, lots of potential ideas. 
On a side note I’m glad I read this as I had no idea of the ‘say hello’ area! I’ll have to do one myself even though I’ve been knocking around a few years. 

Thanks... and me neither until about six month after I joined, at which point the horse has definitely bolted from the stable.