Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Presents - The John Charles TT [Complete]

Scratch

Well done. I’d love to see what score this tactic would get with three proper strikers all of the same nationality, including ITN goals.

19 hours ago, Rob said:

Well done. I’d love to see what score this tactic would get with three proper strikers all of the same nationality, including ITN goals.

Thanks mate. The ITN goals would surely help, but I've come around to not wanting the hassle unless I really need those extra goals - and in this years game it seems to be easy enough to reach the targets without them. 

As for proper strikers - I'm really not sure what to make of it. I felt like they missed chances that a true striker might not, but that could have been my imagination. Their attacking attributes were pretty good at their peak and they scored a lot of goals and were natural up front, so maybe they were just as good as 'proper' strikers would have been? There's no way to know I guess...

21 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate. The ITN goals would surely help, but I've come around to not wanting the hassle unless I really need those extra goals - and in this years game it seems to be easy enough to reach the targets without them. 

As for proper strikers - I'm really not sure what to make of it. I felt like they missed chances that a true striker might not, but that could have been my imagination. Their attacking attributes were pretty good at their peak and they scored a lot of goals and were natural up front, so maybe they were just as good as 'proper' strikers would have been? There's no way to know I guess...

Not sure, I see it in my TT, they are wingers and they miss a LOT, and when I sub them with a proper striker, that one scores one out of two. My boys score one out of 4 or 5, on a good game.

Edited by George Traistă
51 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Maybe that’s a challenge to start the next version with? I got 2,389 with three English lads this season, but I reckon you’d have smashed that to bits with your tactic and, say, three young Italians. I just wonder whether 3k is still an achievable target or whether 2.5k is now the new challenge.

Awesome mate, really enjoyed reading through this career of yours and see how you got on, it’s funny you found overload the best way in the end, it’s what I used nearly throughout my 3 up front, but that didn’t work for my two up top! Brilliant score with 3 defenders, look forward to what challenge you decide on next 😁

22 hours ago, George Traistă said:

Not sure, I see it in my TT, they are wingers and they miss a LOT, and when I sub them with a proper striker, that one scores one out of two. My boys score one out of 4 or 5, on a good game.

Yeah, I wouldn't be totally surprised if true strikers had an advantage with putting them away somehow. I've definitely thought that at various points.

That said, I've also seen what you're describing there when my players have been playing a lot - ie they score better too, when they are fresh. Once they've been playing most games for a month or so, they lose that edge a little. One game off doesn't normally restore it, they need a couple of weeks off. But that's just a feeling too! I really don't know whether that's real or not...

21 hours ago, Rob said:

Maybe that’s a challenge to start the next version with? I got 2,389 with three English lads this season, but I reckon you’d have smashed that to bits with your tactic and, say, three young Italians. I just wonder whether 3k is still an achievable target or whether 2.5k is now the new challenge.

I'll be back to the TT at some point to be sure and I won't be using defenders next time! But if I get back to challenges before the next version, maybe I'll do a 3 combo Peak Years challenge with the tactic. Not sure if I will or not! 

I'm currently playing around with a Sheffield Wednesday save and I'm using my asymmetric DT tactic with that. I think I like that better than the TT one. But I'm sure I'll be back to that the TT tactic as well.

20 hours ago, RichDave32 said:

Awesome mate, really enjoyed reading through this career of yours and see how you got on, it’s funny you found overload the best way in the end, it’s what I used nearly throughout my 3 up front, but that didn’t work for my two up top! Brilliant score with 3 defenders, look forward to what challenge you decide on next 😁

Thanks mate! I used to use Overloading a lot a few years back, then found it stopped working (for that tactic at least) and that Attacking was better. Then I made the switch to Defensive (with Attacking for my back up tactic) and I just forgot about Overloading altogether! I guess it just goes to show you need to test things out from time to time.

No immediate challenges coming. I have a Sheffield Wednesday save going  (with Esposito, Hornby, Reinier, Almada, Bellingham, Kana), but it's a cheat save that I'm using to (hopefully) finish off my scouting app, so I won't be writing it up. Once the app's complete, I'll probably be back for another challenge! 

This was one hell of a career mate, fantastic job 😉

It was great reading material 😄

Would you mind giving your Defensive Instructions (defense line etc)? I want to use your tactic for a fun little test if that's okay with you 😃

What a fantastic career mate and really enjoyed following it. Kudos to you for using three defenders, it’s great to see how these things work out and you smashed it!

19 hours ago, Titjes said:

This was one hell of a career mate, fantastic job 😉

It was great reading material 😄

Would you mind giving your Defensive Instructions (defense line etc)? I want to use your tactic for a fun little test if that's okay with you 😃

Thanks mate! Got the whole tactic here for you if you like:

Spoiler

image.png.f52616362a1550357d920a42b5d849b7.png

image.png.a6acd342514cd6679438f31398fe03dc.png

image.png.c0693d8916132abd7877393cdaa8698d.png

image.png.1b2eb324a29c0392af90abd9369b6e4e.png

9 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

What a fantastic career mate and really enjoyed following it. Kudos to you for using three defenders, it’s great to see how these things work out and you smashed it!

Thanks mate, it was one of those things that once I had the idea I couldn't let it go! But I researched it pretty well and knew which players were likely to eventually retrain and I knew their ball park potential was pretty high, so I was pretty sure it would be successful...