Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Discussion: Is FMM too easy?

Rob

For me, this year's FMM was difficult. I found myself struggling to score regardless of what team I was managing and tactics I was using. On a previous FMM, I managed Melbourne Victory and won the league by over 20 points, this year I wasn't even in the top 6 before I was sacked. 

Either the game got harder or I got worse.

I love this topic and I loved reading your inputs. As for myself, I believe the way you play your game factors a lot in how hard the game is. For example @Ian with older players. It is easy to increase your transfer budget, find that winning tactic, bring in future prospects and keep winning. But it is not the only way to play.

In FMH 2015 I won 3 consecutive BPL with Arsenal and then I made it a goal to play with a different formation every year. The save got much more interesting for me, and harder. From 100% success rate to around 30%.

Another thing I do is bringing in players I follow in real life, not for their stats or potential but for the flavour. I love to play with Morgan Sanson, Ramsey, Mark Uth, Volland, Toprak, Khazri, etc. and it's not that easy as with Vinicius or Fabio Silva.

However, the AI squad building needs to be looked at, as I found that 10 years into a save, my 4 star players have better stats than AI's 5 star players. 

For my roleplaying taste, the game is alright. Success is easy to achieve following the meta. Not following the meta gives a fair feel to it. Difficulty is subjective. 

Have fun playing!

On 17/09/2020 at 23:25, Ian said:

Not sure if this fits into the difficulty category but it’s something that has annoyed me all year quite frankly.

I went a bit fanboy tonight and decided I’d buy Thiago for Liverpool to have a bit fart on. I bought him and to my utter disgust, a load of his attributes dropped. If someone can explain this to me in a way that will justify it then please do so as it’s got me quite stumped.

Before

7D86D88C-176D-4022-A587-278EB2A9E9C9.thumb.jpeg.87f13808911b3ea66d2ef9422b746b19.jpeg

After

B6EFE005-1319-4C14-A0AE-7DEA43B7F3CF.thumb.jpeg.7d7b20642a18f7329d632e0d9b2e03c4.jpeg

Decisions down by FOUR?! Others by three. @Scratch's idea seems to me like it might explain an adjustment of one, but not of 3 or 4...

This has probably happened to me a fair bit but I don't notice or bother much, but I can think of a couple of midfielders who I suspect now.

As for the general question - it is basically a puzzle game, and the puzzle is fairly easy to solve...

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Decisions down by FOUR?! Others by three. @Scratch's idea seems to me like it might explain an adjustment of one, but not of 3 or 4...

This has probably happened to me a fair bit but I don't notice or bother much, but I can think of a couple of midfielders who I suspect now.

Hmm, good point - I just tried it (Thiago to Liverpool) and he had a drop of one for quite a few attributes, but none by 3 or 4 (and I tried it several times). Maybe something else went wrong with him in that save (not sure what!).

As an aside, I noticed that if I start at Liverpool as an Unknown manager, they give me £59M, whereas if I start as a Superstar Manager, they give me £185M. That's quite a difference! Also, players are less likely to come to the club for an Uknown manager, so if you are finding it too easy, make sure you are starting as an Unknown, might make it slightly more challenging...

EDIT: I had one last try and got a Thiago who lost 2 Passing and 2 Decisions. Not as bad as @Ian's though...

On further digging, I've found that his 0-255 attributes do not change (for me) when he moves to Liverpool, just the display value changes, BUT I found that they do differ from save to save. His CA and PA are set, but the attributes move slightly! Fascinating, I would never have guessed that. Mind you, it doesn't explain how they dropped that much for Ian...

Edited by Scratch