Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 424Att - tweak advice needed

Barnsley1

Currently playing with the below system (eme) ..creates chances and always on top with possession. I feel it could be slightly better defensively ...has anyone got any advice to tighten up the defence but with the balance of keeping my attack/possession high.

35547C84-A50E-429E-88EF-8441811BEA36.png

2212B27A-956E-4535-9C30-DA7BA39F8612.png

6787F2D1-0DB4-4D40-81B3-2DC43EC4475F.png

F5202CEA-FF45-4E6E-ADDA-EB466A3DC8F2.png

Nice looking system and I’ve used very similar. Is the CF the more all round striker? I’m mainly thinking in terms of aerial as the game doesn’t give us any set piece options but on corners, the guy on the right striker position in this formation always goes to the near post which can be good for getting him an extra few goals. So I’d be tempted to switch the two if the CF is the more well rounded striker that is.

In terms of your defence, other than better defenders and maybe more defensive minded midfielders if they aren’t so good defensively, you could try to switch from overlap to early crosses in the final third which should help prevent the full backs getting caught out high up the pitch so often. It’s just trial and error really though and often attack can be the best form of defence but I’d definitely give the early crosses a try if it were me as I’ve used that a few times with a system very similar to this and it can work very well.

If you don't have good defenders on movement and positioning I would remove offside trap and keep the defence line low, that will give better defence, try it out

Edited by George Traistă
21 hours ago, George Traistă said:

If you don't have good defenders on movement and positioning I would remove offside trap and keep the defence line low, that will give better defence, try it out

Thanks both, tried both still seemed to reduced possession and shots. I think it was the players I had, particularly the GK.

I finished 8th in championship so signed a BBM with higher stamina & tackling in preseason and bought a new keeper and two new defenders and so far so good. Two wins in two, 39 shots for and 2 against

57BB601B-5EE3-474C-9C0D-CE786FE0833E.png

AF7A6D35-D6FA-4CD3-B056-AAEE7FFFEB1D.png

and I had to include third games of season..

1B79F1AA-4F8E-4657-AA07-D799081EB75F.png

Edited by Barnsley1
Pic change