Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat what have they done to my beloved argyle?

Resurgam

I had great success earlier on this years game with RB Leipzig and really enjoyed the save. I have just tried and failed though for the 5th or 6th time with my local team Plymouth Argyle. In real life we got promoted 3rd (thanks to the football league finishing the season early) but on this game we are absolutely terrible. I've tried many different tactics and signings and nothing seems to work. Would love nothing more than to do a really long save with them but that first season promotion seems impossible, Anyone else had any luck using them?

Lower League management from my experience has been, sign a few players (like 5 or 6) to go straight into the first team, offload older players, sign some younger players with potential to be good at that level. 

Have you signed many players? 

Formation is very important too, attacking formations usually doo well at the lower levels because defenders are generally terrible. 

There is such fine margins in player quality in LLM, so if you can pick up a few decent players you should usually finish near the top. 

Plenty of blues on a player will be one of the best players in the league most of the time, of course the attributes need to coincide with the role and position. 

For eg, a top Poacher at that level, would have at least 12 in Pace, Shooting, Movement and Technique, if you can get a player with any of these attributes at 15 or above with the rest being above 12 then you have a player who is most likely currently the best player at that level.

This applies to all roles of course, find a system and fit the players to that system. 

Edited by Aaron Thornton
58 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

t level, would have at least 12 in Pace, Shooting, Movement and Technique, if you can get a player with any of these attributes at 15 or above with the rest being above 12 then you have a player who is most likely currently the best player at that level.

Signed a couple free agents but end up just being average. anyone other free agents I scout who would go straight into the first team want a 100k signing on fee (when i can only offer 30k max) or wages slightly higher than i can afford. Just a shame the current squad on the game is terrible in comparison to real life (might be a little bias there), and the board still expect promotion minimum. Also no decent loanees available either. 

On 22/09/2020 at 16:35, Resurgam said:

Signed a couple free agents but end up just being average. anyone other free agents I scout who would go straight into the first team want a 100k signing on fee (when i can only offer 30k max) or wages slightly higher than i can afford. Just a shame the current squad on the game is terrible in comparison to real life (might be a little bias there), and the board still expect promotion minimum. Also no decent loanees available either. 

I usually do a Chesterfield career and get em to Premier League & Europe but this year haven’t been able to do it. Run into same problems, board want promotion off bat, low wages, no transfer budget, bunch of useless old players can’t sell off, younger players don’t really develop or if they do want to leave by January, no free agents will sign, all good young players to loan already loaned out or parent club doesn’t want to send them to lower league. I was able to have fun and do one long save last 4-5 years but some reason this year just doesn’t work and no fun . Think last years there were always a decent free agent or two that would sign for lower leagues or a decent loan player but none at start this year . Don’t even get me started on tactics and player morale yo-yo 

On 22/09/2020 at 16:35, Resurgam said:

I usually do a Chesterfield career and get em to Premier League & Europe but this year haven’t been able to do it. Run into same problems, board want promotion off bat, low wages, no transfer budget, bunch of useless old players can’t sell off, younger players don’t really develop or if they do want to leave by January, no free agents will sign, all good young players to loan already loaned out or parent club doesn’t want to send them to lower league. I was able to have fun and do one long save last 4-5 years but some reason this year just doesn’t work and no fun . Think last years there were always a decent free agent or two that would sign for lower leagues or a decent loan player but none at start this year . Don’t even get me started on tactics and player morale yo-yo. 

Maybe try this topic just remembered. Search forums might be a couple others but majority player topics are for top clubs or leagues with big budgets.