Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM21 - Headline Features and Screenshots - Out Now

FuddledFox

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wonder if these are just preset options from the current options though? Like are these brand new settings or is say wing play just the old settings set to wide, direct, overlap and both flanks etc. 

Haha, yep, that's what I'm thinking - I said "So who knows - maybe Wing Play is just a fancy name for Both Flanks or something" in my last post above, not as much detail as you went into there, but that's what I was thinking.

I would not be at all surprised if what you are saying is right. Actually, I think that probably makes more sense than them totally overhauling the tactics, as much as we probably want that. If so, it will obviously be a little disappointing - but will still be interesting to see what they think we should be choosing to get that result.

Anyway, not getting my hopes up too much for any of the changes (even set piece instructions) until I get my hands on the game and see how they really work... 🙂

21 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wonder if these are just preset options from the current options though? Like are these brand new settings or is say wing play just the old settings set to wide, direct, overlap and both flanks etc. 

Im guessing it's going to be preset options from the current options, because bang in the middle says 'clean' slate' which I'd assume means we them make our own tactic, but hopefully there is new tactical options available aside from the presets they've added

52 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I think so, just presets for the settings

Looks like we all are theorising the same disappointing and pointless feature then 😂. If that is the case I get the accessibility argument and on that level it's a neat feature but obviously for the more invested it's nothing of note, let's hope we're guessing wrong anyway lol. 

I've said before one reason I lost interest in FMM is I felt like I was playing by SIs playbook, now their playbook is a feature! Love it 😂  

I have to admit though after basically a year off FMM I am intrigued by 2021....

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Looks like we all are theorising the same disappointing and pointless feature then 😂. If that is the case I get the accessibility argument and on that level it's a neat feature but obviously for the more invested it's nothing of note, let's hope we're guessing wrong anyway lol. 

I've said before one reason I lost interest in FMM is I felt like I was playing by SIs playbook, now their playbook is a feature! Love it 😂  

I have to admit though after basically a year off FMM I am intrigued by 2021....

Actually I’ve just checked on my PC, and it might disappoint you but it’s just a preset of tactic instructions nothing new. Clean slate is basically create your own tactic. Hope this helps 😁

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Actually I’ve just checked on my PC, and it might disappoint you but it’s just a preset of tactic instructions nothing new. Clean slate is basically create your own tactic. Hope this helps 😁

But but but they said total tactical revamp 😂

Screenshot_20201117_030139_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.dd74090c4fe788eef01c011c2b988f51.jpg

😂

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

But but but they said total tactical revamp 😂

Screenshot_20201117_030139_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.dd74090c4fe788eef01c011c2b988f51.jpg

😂

It’s total set pieces setup revamp but I guess total tactics revamp sounds a lot more dramatic 😂

It's probably a revamp as it's changing it to look like the PC version with "new" easy setups. Things like vertical tiki taka and gengen pressing which we've had to work out how to show that style it's now easier to copy the style as the presets will set the various sub- options to show that style.

Plus new player roles, and being able to do set piece instructions.

8 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Things like vertical tiki taka and gengen pressing which we've had to work out how to show that style it's now easier to copy the style as the presets will set the various sub- options to show that style.

What’s going to be interesting is how well the ME shows these different styles and if the match stats show the style. So if you choose tiki taka as Man City will you dominate games and still lose 2-0 to Spurs 🤔

The set piece editor and new roles interests me much more than preset tactics tbh.

22 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

What’s going to be interesting is how well the ME shows these different styles and if the match stats show the style. So if you choose tiki taka as Man City will you dominate games and still lose 2-0 to Spurs 🤔

The set piece editor and new roles interests me much more than preset tactics tbh.

You freaking kill me 😂

I feel like one of my hype bubbles has just popped in realising the tactics won't be as 'new' as first thought 😭 but there's plenty more bubbles floating around, like Fox I'm really intrigued to see how the tactic presets differ on the ME and what really interests me is the thought of how we are going to tackle challenges. Personally I'll be playing the game for a week or so just to get a feel for it, then it's tactics testing time! 😂

2021 features lives and dies on set pieces for me. Yet I know they'll be such a time sink to practice, learn and develop. 

Just think how cool it'll be if it's a mint new feature and we need a set pieces sub forum in tactics! 

42 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If it's anything like the normal PC version, then yeah you can tell. With Tika taka you so get more possession and more shorter passes, but I'm not sure how accurate the conversion of the ME to FMM is

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

2021 features lives and dies on set pieces for me. Yet I know they'll be such a time sink to practice, learn and develop. 

Just think how cool it'll be if it's a mint new feature and we need a set pieces sub forum in tactics! 

You think it's going to be any more complicated than stick a big lad on the far post, little good header on the near post and someone with good shooting to attack from the edge of the area?

27 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

You think it's going to be any more complicated than stick a big lad on the far post, little good header on the near post and someone with good shooting to attack from the edge of the area?

We can hope and dream for another few hours mate 😂

I hope it's not basic and something we can sink our teeth into. If we can make whole new routines with clear uniqueness it could be a massive feature. 

15 minutes ago, desmon111 said:

is germany and norway national team manageable???

Germany almost certainly no, but Norway could possibly be playable, but we won't know until the game is out

I'm hoping that player roles have been given clearer distinctions on the pitch 

The pre set tactics work well on FMT, but not sure if the FMM match engine can do the same, if so, it'll be a game changer 

Too many times on FMM, it just seems, to me, that formations, not really the tactics behind it are what brings success. If you have better players in key areas, you'll win 

I don't know if I'm getting my hopes up for nothing though 

Just hope there’s no game killing bugs . Every year get some but some years are worse.. Hope they fixed any of bugs we have reported repeatedly over the last few years would be nice .. 

Has anyone played the full fat PC version and compared it to that years FMM version in terms of Match Engine?
I'm just wondering if the match engine doesn't quite match the normal PC version for that year, is it the same as the previous PC ME? or even the year before?
I'm just thinking because the pre-set formations/tactics were in FM19, but not FMM, it might just be delayed a yearor two to get to FMM...

31 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Has anyone played the full fat PC version and compared it to that years FMM version in terms of Match Engine?
I'm just wondering if the match engine doesn't quite match the normal PC version for that year, is it the same as the previous PC ME? or even the year before?
I'm just thinking because the pre-set formations/tactics were in FM19, but not FMM, it might just be delayed a yearor two to get to FMM...

I’d say the match engine is a lot different. In FM 20 the strikers doesn’t score much and they got a lot more attributes so the players also play slightly differently 

Tomorrow will be the date fmm21 release.

i am so excited but i am worried about the bugs.

fmm 20 has so many bugs which is killing me and i hope sega and si will fix them.

I'm going to hazard a guess that being in Australia won't mean I get the game 7/8 hours ahead of the UK? So I'll have to wait until mid-morning to get it...

@Scratch you're in Aus right?

13 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that being in Australia won't mean I get the game 7/8 hours ahead of the UK? So I'll have to wait until mid-morning to get it...

@Scratch you're in Aus right?

Yeah, can't quite remember what happened last year, but I don't think we get it earlier here. It's all at the same time. Although you get people saying "I can see it!!" and others saying "I can't see it yet!" etc for a few hours, so I think it isn't instantly there for everyone. But there wasn't a pattern that said country X gets it now because it's midnight there now. 

BTW, I am refreshing the Play Store every hour or just in case SI put it up early and none of you lot have noticed it!! 😄

Just now, Scratch said:

BTW, I am refreshing the Play Store every hour or just in case SI put it up early and none of you lot have noticed it!! 😄

they never do that though😂😂. but who knows? 

9 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, can't quite remember what happened last year, but I don't think we get it earlier here. It's all at the same time. Although you get people saying "I can see it!!" and others saying "I can't see it yet!" etc for a few hours, so I think it isn't instantly there for everyone. But there wasn't a pattern that said country X gets it now because it's midnight there now. 

Yeah my thinking is it'll happen at a set time in the UK (hopefully early in the morning).

One of the other games I've been playing this last 12 months get a semi-regular monthly update (technically the game is only in beta and only available in certain countries (Lego Star Wars Battles for anyone interested)) and that usually pushes out updates 10pm WAST but it's early in USA and early afternoon UK time.

So I'm guessing it'll be something similar for this. Released at 9am GMT (for example) and whatever time it is in your country by the time it gets through the various app store hurdles/hoops due to languages/time zone/working hour differences.

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

Yeah my thinking is it'll happen at a set time in the UK (hopefully early in the morning).

One of the other games I've been playing this last 12 months get a semi-regular monthly update (technically the game is only in beta and only available in certain countries (Lego Star Wars Battles for anyone interested)) and that usually pushes out updates 10pm WAST but it's early in USA and early afternoon UK time.

So I'm guessing it'll be something similar for this. Released at 9am GMT (for example) and whatever time it is in your country by the time it gets through the various app store hurdles/hoops due to languages/time zone/working hour differences.

i always able to download it at morning.

I think there was one year where it came out a little earlier than everyone expected (like 10pm the night before UK time, but I could be wrong).

This time tomorrow I will have a cigar in one hand, glass of whisky in the other and then FMM21 in my third hand.

9 minutes ago, RichD said:

This time tomorrow I will have a cigar in one hand, glass of whisky in the other and then FMM21 in my third hand.

Guess I know where the 4th would be at 🧐