Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM21 - Headline Features and Screenshots - Out Now

FuddledFox

2 hours ago, Papacino said:

I posted this on the SI forum but I’ve thankfully come across this place which seems a bit more vibrant so hoping for your views....agree or disagree. 

Great game, love it, and spent (too) many hours enjoying it. However, two areas for me that should be adjusted to improve the challenge in a way that players of all capabilities could hopefully get on board with as it would simply add to the realism. 

1) CPU transfers - opposing clubs, particularly top clubs, are terrible at buying players. They either don’t spend their money or buy too many mediocre/poor players that add nothing to the squad and very quickly the quality of opposition falls as they don’t replace their top players as their squads age. I appreciate in real life transfers are very much hit and miss but for me there are far too many misses and a lack of top clubs maintains their first 11 standard never mind improving on it. 

2) Adjusting wage budget - hugely unrealistic. I can be managing a ‘small team’ and if I manage to sell a couple of players for big money I can suddenly  reduce my transfers budget, in turn increase wage budget hugely and start shopping in the football equivalent of Harrods in terms of wages. This just isn’t realistic, in real life smaller clubs sell for big money every so often but it doesn’t lead to a long term benefit of paying out big wages....certainly not to the same impact FM allows. I think when smaller clubs sell for big money a chunk of the fee should be taken to put towards running costs/infrastructure and the impact on wage budget when reducing transfer budget should be less dramatic. 

Agree with both I think even their big transfers doesn’t seems to be great. I’ve seen Havertz went to Real Madrid and after 7 years still got more blues than green

AI transfer policy is horrendous

Basically after few seasons you end up on top not because you are good but because AI is awful

Also AI games end up with too many injuries and red cards, most of the clubs do not develop their players..all in all huge advantage for us and really unrealistic 

On 29/10/2020 at 04:41, Jens said:

Canadian league was added last year on FM through the steam workshop. I'm guessing it was easy to shoehorn it into FMM. I'm wondering more about the Mexican league: if it's that complicated, why did they bother going through all that? :D Especially since they simply it afterwards (did so with MLS, probably here too).

As for ITN: the game creates extra playable nations the moment there are enough useful players so I'm guessing one or two might pop up that weren't there before.

Just had time to look up Canadian League and it really makes me wonder why it was added or even considered for inclusion ahead of so many other established leagues.

Main Worries are lack of interest and sustainability: 

-Founded in 2017 first season 2019 :

only played 2 seasons before added to game . how know league even survive and then Covid hit and bigger leagues been around a lot longer are barely surviving. There is no real history to build on or even enough time to create rivals as 7 of the 8 teams were founded between (2017-2020)

-8 teams playing only 28 games: 

really small number of teams & season length to do much and most challenges need bunch of games . Only plus are the people that like short seasons . Looking at Transfermarket website today best play is valued at $440k . 

-Best Canadian teams are still in MLS (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver)  

what kind of quality is in the league ? Usually form top league best teams from country are in it . Can’t imagine teams having any decent stadiums, training grounds or finances. Is there any real fan base or anyone even asking for this league ? I never saw anyone posting for Canadian League on forums. 

Mexican League and Argentina additions were definitely worth it but really disappointed they added Canada as full league as it has no merits being added before some Central / South American leagues if wanted outside Europe or add one of the many European Leagues missing . Just hope doesn’t turn out to be never played and just takes up spot of a better league just to satisfy some partner or higher up that wanted Canada included to capitalize on Canadians A.Davis on Bayern and J.David move to France . 

The fact its a newly formed league, makes me want to manage there and it isn't entirely surprising that an American doesn't like something to with Canada😂

But I get your point about having a more established league rather than a new league, personally I really wanted the Croatian league added, not least because of all the quality youngsters Dynamo Zagreb produce

Just now, Sss1234 said:

beta already out and still no goddamn news on mobile.😔☺️🤑☺️

There’s still about 2 weeks before the game’s out. They’ll release something soon

4 minutes ago, Sss1234 said:

The full fat FM (as i call it) is always going to take 1st Place in the list. 

£35 rough price per game, millions of players (especially during lockdown), that is (rightly and understandable) their priority, 

Im sure we will get some news re FMM within the next 10 days or so, to try and drum up interest before release day. 

On 08/11/2020 at 20:54, Papacino said:

I posted this on the SI forum but I’ve thankfully come across this place which seems a bit more vibrant so hoping for your views....agree or disagree. 

Great game, love it, and spent (too) many hours enjoying it. However, two areas for me that should be adjusted to improve the challenge in a way that players of all capabilities could hopefully get on board with as it would simply add to the realism. 

1) CPU transfers - opposing clubs, particularly top clubs, are terrible at buying players. They either don’t spend their money or buy too many mediocre/poor players that add nothing to the squad and very quickly the quality of opposition falls as they don’t replace their top players as their squads age. I appreciate in real life transfers are very much hit and miss but for me there are far too many misses and a lack of top clubs maintains their first 11 standard never mind improving on it. 

2) Adjusting wage budget - hugely unrealistic. I can be managing a ‘small team’ and if I manage to sell a couple of players for big money I can suddenly  reduce my transfers budget, in turn increase wage budget hugely and start shopping in the football equivalent of Harrods in terms of wages. This just isn’t realistic, in real life smaller clubs sell for big money every so often but it doesn’t lead to a long term benefit of paying out big wages....certainly not to the same impact FM allows. I think when smaller clubs sell for big money a chunk of the fee should be taken to put towards running costs/infrastructure and the impact on wage budget when reducing transfer budget should be less dramatic. 

19 hours ago, Lav50 said:

AI transfer policy is horrendous

Basically after few seasons you end up on top not because you are good but because AI is awful

Also AI games end up with too many injuries and red cards, most of the clubs do not develop their players..all in all huge advantage for us and really unrealistic 

Totally agree. 

I prefer a more challenging game than FMM20

20 hours ago, Sss1234 said:

As the beta is out, I have seen a few wonderkids lists. That leads to a question. Are the players abilities (CA and PA) the same in the PC and mobile versions?

10 minutes ago, Raven9 said:

As the beta is out, I have seen a few wonderkids lists. That leads to a question. Are the players abilities (CA and PA) the same in the PC and mobile versions?

I believe CA and PA will be the same even if it’s not it’ll be only by a few. Attributes on the other hand, there will be soem differences do to some of them aren’t in mobile so they have to combine with another attributes 

On 11/11/2020 at 01:26, Aaron Thornton said:

The fact its a newly formed league, makes me want to manage there and it isn't entirely surprising that an American doesn't like something to with Canada😂

But I get your point about having a more established league rather than a new league, personally I really wanted the Croatian league added, not least because of all the quality youngsters Dynamo Zagreb produce

Oh man, Dinamo Zagreb would be so great with al the youngsters. Or what about the Serbian SuperLiga with Red Star and Partizan

I wonder guys, where are you playing FMM most of the time? Is it on the smartphone or on the tablet?

I've been thinking lately about tablet because after an hour of gameplay on my smartphone I feel my eyes are red and itchy. And with 5,9" I don't have the smallest screen although it's not the biggest either ...

20 minutes ago, zila90 said:

I wonder guys, where are you playing FMM most of the time? Is it on the smartphone or on the tablet?

I've been thinking lately about tablet because after an hour of gameplay on my smartphone I feel my eyes are red and itchy. And with 5,9" I don't have the smallest screen although it's not the biggest either ...

If your tablet can run FM Touch I would suggest you try it instead

If you prefer FMM still I can see how its bad for your eyes as everything is really stretched out

I don't see how FMM is bad for your eyes as most of mobile phones this days have over 5.5 in, so plenty of space and the text is big enough for normal people to not to get to close to the display. Also, mobile game industry is almost as big as pc and console combined, that will tell you that the scale of people who play games on mobile... The thing that you have problems after one hour of play indicates that you should go to the doctor and have a check. My nephew had the same problem and turns out he didn't blink regularly and the eyes are drying out so now he has screen protective glasses and once a day some eye droplets. 

Edited by George Traistă
3 hours ago, zila90 said:

One thing to be wary of: FMM20 ran great on my iPhone but was choppy on my new LG tablet. The tablet ran FM Touch much better than it ran mobile. It was actually a waste of money getting Mobile on the tablet

2 hours ago, George Traistă said:

I don't see how FMM is bad for your eyes as most of mobile phones this days have over 5.5 in, so plenty of space and the text is big enough for normal people to not to get to close to the display. Also, mobile game industry is almost as big as pc and console combined, that will tell you that the scale of people who play games on mobile... The thing that you have problems after one hour of play indicates that you should go to the doctor and have a check. My nephew had the same problem and turns out he didn't blink regularly and the eyes are drying out so now he has screen protective glasses and once a day some eye droplets. 

I am not sure how FMM looks on a tablet but if it is stretched out it can cause tension to the eye

Visiting a doctor is never a bad idea tho 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

I am not sure how FMM looks on a tablet but if it is stretched out it can cause tension to the eye

Visiting a doctor is never a bad idea tho 👍🏻

The game (the tablet and mobile versions) is build more like and mobile app on tables and containers so most of it, it will re arrange itself to give it a consistent look, changing the size of pieces and keep the proportions... Just few small parts will stretch and only on odd resolutions which is super rare giving the fact that most of phone and tablet manufactures share many components, displays included

For me one of the most important things is that they need to change the fact that when u create a new save file u have ONLY 4 leagues to pick and thats too small ..They need to let us choose 6 leagues not just 4.. Also better UI intelligence would be nice too..

2 hours ago, Dantis13 said:

For me one of the most important things is that they need to change the fact that when u create a new save file u have ONLY 4 leagues to pick and thats too small ..They need to let us choose 6 leagues not just 4.. Also better UI intelligence would be nice too..

I think you are the only one who asked for more loaded leagues, can you please explain why? 

The only thing I’d really like is if there was an ability to search for traits in player search, I’ve noticed lately that certain traits work really well in some player roles, so would be nice to have that ability.

Only a small thing, but I’d like a bit more added to club history, if you’re at a club for a long time, I hate the fact you don’t have who’s made the most appearances for the whole period of time or all time top scorer. That brings me on to the leagues history as well, would love to know who had made most appearances in every league since the game started as well and most goals (of all time as game calls the best player 11)like maybe a top 10 for each thing.

46 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I think you are the only one who asked for more loaded leagues, can you please explain why? 

I think it’s a good addition to the game but a lot of people might not be able to handle it though 

I think si will release the features of fmm 21 tonight or tomorrow morning. the game will be released after a week and there is no way not to release the features.

2 hours ago, Sss1234 said:

I think si will release the features of fmm 21 tonight or tomorrow morning. the game will be released after a week and there is no way not to release the features.

It'll be the day or a few days before as always imo. We're looking at Monday or Sunday I guess, although I do have a feeling it's usually a Friday but that might be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It'll be the day or a few days before as always imo. We're looking at Monday or Sunday I guess, although I do have a feeling it's usually a Friday but that might be wrong. 

But i remembered si released fmm20 features 6 days before the game released.

Edited by Sss1234
to fix a typo
11 minutes ago, Sss1234 said:

But i remembered si released fmm20 features 6 days before the game released.

I stand corrected, I forgot they switched it up last year doing the features on the 13th with the game releasing on the 18th/19th. 

I suppose the next couple of days is viable if the pre-orders sold well last year. Hard to tell since the game did massive numbers in general. 

I guess it's time to keep those eyes peeled 👀👀👀