Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM21 - Headline Features and Screenshots - Out Now

FuddledFox

31 minutes ago, Sss1234 said:

But i remembered si released fmm20 features 6 days before the game released.

With so many people in full lockdown again, I'd have thought that they'd want to start releasing features early this week, to get the attention of casual players, or those who only bought the game during the first lockdown to relieve some boredom. Those people won't be checking social media etc to look for updates on the new game, and probably not even aware that a new game is so close to availability 

Edited by SaintPaul
32 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I stand corrected, I forgot they switched it up last year doing the features on the 13th with the game releasing on the 18th/19th. 

I suppose the next couple of days is viable if the pre-orders sold well last year. Hard to tell since the game did massive numbers in general. 

I guess it's time to keep those eyes peeled 👀👀👀

yeah. I think the pre-orders are pretty well this year as many people that experienced lockdown or wfh will be really eager to play this game. 

Also, fmm20 sold out a MILLION copies, much higher than previous years. so si should know that a lot of players are waiting fmm21.

I think the features may not release tonight but 100% before Saturday. They probably finished the game right now.

On 14/11/2020 at 09:43, George Traistă said:

I think you are the only one who asked for more loaded leagues, can you please explain why? 

Because i want to dtart as a manager of a really small club for example in argentina and then come to EU..also with more loaded leagues more database...the rosters of not loaded leagues are small

Thread's out! Here -

Tactics overhaul looks amazing.

Edited by DanTheStripe

Headline features are out and have been added to the OP along with new screenshots as well.

I think a lot of people are going to be happy with some of these features.

That looks very good, cannot wait to try it now. They kept these changes secret very well, can’t wait to try the new tactics screen and things 😁😁

Couple stand out for me. 

Being able to set up friendlies is brilliant, a little feature I missed from normal FM. 

Corner (and hopefully general set piece) instructions is something we have been crying out for, I'm sure @BatiGoal did a cracking article about it not so long back. 

Yes, the set pieces part is, by me, the best addition to the tactics. All in all, I just can't way to start my first game!! 

The new features look amazing. Having feeder clubs refreshes the development of young players 

I play FMT mainly, and for those who don't, the preset tactics will interest you 

If you don't have the right players for the roles required, things go downhill very quickly (as happens in reality), if they work as well as they do on FMT, it'll allow the more tactically minded amongst you, far more influence on how you want your team to play 

I'm interested to see how the Roaming playmaker works on the match engine, the arrows on the tactic screen are identical to the BBM, i reckon they will play similar to a BBM but will look for the ball at all times. I'm also interested to see how the IW will differ from IF

Wow I’m very impressed with the new features! Actual control of set pieces at last! Looks superb. 

Great new features and I'm really excited to dive into the new save. Set pieces are more than needed addition and I'm excited about the new tactics possibilities as well. 

Massive respect for the feeder clubs addition! Surely means the opposite way you can look for parent clubs if your a smaller club. Was excited before hand and now I really can’t wait👍🏻

There is a thing that I was hoping to get but I don't see it in the screenshots, better or more realistic finances. But if I remember correctly they adjusted a little bit that on the first season so... 

Fair play to SI, the current climate IRL and they managed to make that many new additions 🙌🙌🙌

Vibe will have a feel day creating completely new tactics, can't wait!

OMFG!!!! This is a real game changer!

The new club hierarchy is going to make some differences to our challenges since we can’t simply just overhaul the squad like we used to

@Aaron Thornton the RPM doesn’t work like the BBM but it’s a mix of Deep-Lying Playmaker and Advance Playmaker. It’s best utilised with comple players like Paul Pogba or Aaron Ramsey

1 hour ago, George Traistă said:

Há uma coisa que eu esperava conseguir, mas não vejo nas imagens, finanças melhores ou mais realistas. Mas se bem me lembro eles ajustaram um pouco isso na primeira temporada então ... 

I agree, it's very easy to deal with the team's finances and the AI sucks at that.  These news cheered me up, but all I hope for is a more challenging FMM and as I know that the changes I want are "invisible" (more improved AI in finance and team building), I still hope that they have improved AI and did not disclose for  not be so attractive to the general public.

Oh wow I love the new changes! Been impressed with fm since I started playing it back in 2017! Happy days lads 

Hmm.. not sure I'm entirely sold on this year's additions. The only new feature that really stands out to me is the control over set pieces. 

Usually, I'd love anything to do with improvements to tactics, but the cynic in me has me convinced it's just extra gloss and categorising over what we can already configure.

New roles are always amazing but just the two this year doesn't seem very substantial, considering the wealth of roles mobile is still missing.

While squad dynamics seems nice, I'm hoping it's an overall positive experience, since it might only serve as extra inconvenience every time you want to sell players.

Still feels like the ever-present elephant in the room is how consistently poor the AI is. In transfers, in formations, in tactical decisions. No improvements to it means the same game that's only really fun for the first couple of seasons.

I'm not sure if I'll sit this one out or not but bloody oath I can be such a buzz killer sometimes. 

Edited by Thirsk
3 hours ago, Thirsk said:

Usually, I'd love anything to do with improvements to tactics, but the cynic in me has me convinced it's just extra gloss and categorising over what we can already configure.

Yeah, this was my first thought too. Can't see it being "totally revamped", but could be wrong. Will love experimenting with the set piece instructions. 

I agree with most of what you say actually. Squad dynamics could be good, but also could be just a distraction that gets in the way. Though I guess if it stops me totally overhauling the squad every time it might be good. And more features like this mean it's likely underlying stuff like the AI, transfers, etc are the same.

Still, gotta be hopeful!! 🙂

Need to see first before commenting on the tactics revamp but I sincerely hope it is just not cosmetic changes. Set piece instructions and arranging own friendlies will be welcome addition though. 

Edited by Kanegan
43 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Need to see first before commenting on the tactics revamp but I sincerely hope it is just not cosmetic changes. Set piece instructions and arranging own friendlies will be welcome addition though. 

Yep, I can't wait to invite Messi and co. to Bootham Crescent for a preseason kickabout 😊

On 26/09/2020 at 02:09, George Traistă said:

I was not. I have played the pc games some years and some features, like team talk I want it in fmm

Maybe in game motivation to hype your boys

1 hour ago, Cold said:

Maybe in game motivation to hype your boys

Well, there are more type of player discussion/interactions now in FMM which is superb, by my standards. 

I too hope they programmed AI bit better this time around

I guess we all do at this point 🤣