Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM21 - Headline Features and Screenshots - Out Now

FuddledFox

I'm not bothered about the squad dynamics but being able to arrange our own friendlies and having a feeder club is great additions.

They listened for the set pieces that people wanted.. Feeder club for moving youth is sweet especially for those youth players never find a loan for . Ability to setup Friendlies is good add on get more control.  Squad dynamics could go either way just worried if need spend ton of time messing with morale instead of playing through a season . If the system is decent and players don’t get upset over every little thing it could be a positive. Captain & VC addition is positive glad FMM are adding even little additions that might not seem big alone but put together and 21 should be very different game vs 20 not just same game with updated database.. Amazing all the additions with Covid-19 going on was expecting the least and they were within reason to use Covid as reason why but they gave us nice surprise.. 

2 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

They listened for the set pieces that people wanted.. Feeder club for moving youth is sweet. Ability to setup Friendlies is good. Squad dynamics could go either way. 21 should be very different game vs 20 not just same game with updated database.. Amazing all the additions with Covid-19 going on.

Very well said! I am on the same page. To add from my expectations, as a casual player with limited playing time:

- feeder club and friendlies are nice additions for immersion.

- set pieces sound fun to tinker with and can give an edge if you put in the effort, but you can spend as much time as you want without harming you results.

- squad dynamics could lead to some interesting unique stories (you marquee signing failing to fit in and your last minute free agent back-up inspiring your team to a title challenge) which thrills me. I just hope it's not overly complex.

- tactic overhaul sounds scary but that's where I count on the veterans here who test 1000s of tweaks and are kind enough to share the results so that I can taste some success and not leave the game in frustration as I lead Arsenal to..well..where they are going in real life now. This community is a huge plus for the game in my eyes, thank you for your efforts!! 

Fingers crossed for better AI in squad-building! 

I'm looking forward to the changes. Some interesting additions in my opinion.

Looking at the screenshots again I noticed something, you can see the professionalism, work rate, determination etc, attributes that în FMM20 you only can see if you have a wolf avatar here on Vibe, right @Scratch? I'm curious if those attributes are visible for outside clubs members... 

Edited by George Traistă
6 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Looking at the screenshots again I noticed something, you can see the professionalism, work rate, determination etc, attributes that you only can see if you have a wolf avatatr here on Vib, right @Scratch? I'm curious if those attributes are visible for outside clubs members... 

You mean this one right?:

image.png

Me too - I'm wondering if that's going to be just for your players or for everyone - but it's a great move. At the moment there is almost no information about the hidden attributes except for a few things here or there (like Professional personality, inconsistent player, struggles in big matches etc), so it's good for them to expose a little bit more of that, even if it's just a green, yellow, red indicator.

There are still quite a few hidden attributes they haven't mentioned though, which is a shame, it would be good for them to work in more information around those in future. Still I guess that means there is a greater need for an app that can show you that! ;) 

As an aside, with my testing this year, I think I've come around to Consistency being one of the most important hidden attributes, as you can't seem to improve it via training, mentoring, fining or praising (or through player relationships in future by the looks of it). Many of the other ones can be improved, but not that one. So if I see a player where it says "Inconsistent" in their staff report, I won't touch them. I used to be like that with Unprofessional players, but then I worked out you can improve that by fining them, so I'll buy those players now. 

44 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Looking at the screenshots again I noticed something, you can see the professionalism, work rate, determination etc, attributes that în FMM20 you only can see if you have a wolf avatatr here on Vib, right @Scratch? I'm curious if those attributes are visible for outside clubs members... 

25 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You mean this one right?:

image.png

Me too - I'm wondering if that's going to be just for your players or for everyone - but it's a great move. At the moment there is almost no information about the hidden attributes except for a few things here or there (like Professional personality, inconsistent player, struggles in big matches etc), so it's good for them to expose a little bit more of that, even if it's just a green, yellow, red indicator.

There are still quite a few hidden attributes they haven't mentioned though, which is a shame, it would be good for them to work in more information around those in future. Still I guess that means there is a greater need for an app that can show you that! ;) 

As an aside, with my testing this year, I think I've come around to Consistency being one of the most important hidden attributes, as you can't seem to improve it via training, mentoring, fining or praising (or through player relationships in future by the looks of it). Many of the other ones can be improved, but not that one. So if I see a player where it says "Inconsistent" in their staff report, I won't touch them. I used to be like that with Unprofessional players, but then I worked out you can improve that by fining them, so I'll buy those players now. 

Good catch guys! This isn’t something I’ve seen before even in PC version of the game. I haven’t try FM21 so I guess it’s a new feature on all FM platform, PC, Touch, Mobile, XBOX, etc.

On 17/11/2020 at 12:58, Scratch said:

Yeah, this was my first thought too. Can't see it being "totally revamped", but could be wrong. Will love experimenting with the set piece instructions. 

I agree with most of what you say actually. Squad dynamics could be good, but also could be just a distraction that gets in the way. Though I guess if it stops me totally overhauling the squad every time it might be good. And more features like this mean it's likely underlying stuff like the AI, transfers, etc are the same.

Still, gotta be hopeful!! 🙂

Haha yeah.. I know I should be more hopeful, considering how nice these additions are in theory.

I guess I'm a bit wary after my disappointment last year, jumping on the hype train only to find out the new features weren't that impactful. Like the buggy U-21's which you had no control over, and was half the time full of players well in their 30's, or setting up 'perfect' mentors for youth players that cause strained relationships whilst also lowering other attributes.

Oh well.. if the new feature only discourages us from constantly overhauling our squad, at least it does make the game a bit more challenging 😄

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Good catch guys! This isn’t something I’ve seen before even in PC version of the game. I haven’t try FM21 so I guess it’s a new feature on all FM platform, PC, Touch, Mobile, XBOX, etc.

Yeah I really like this part of it too, being able to see how exactly leadership affects other squad players. Looks like we'll be needing extra thought in the captaincy selection process, now that it's more than just about leadership and maturity, but also a mixture of hidden attributes.

Looking forward to seeing how all the new features turn out.. hopefully covid doesn't cause more bugs than usual this year!

This Is all extremely exciting news, especially the new features!

That said, I've noticed that there is a lot of content on this thread expressing concern and confusion about the Canadian Premier League being added to the game, as a Canadian who has personal experience with the structure, I'd like to offer insight.

First, I'd like to address the concerns over the long term viability of this league. Contrary to believe, the ownership groups in the league are very strong and stable. In Canada, as evidenced in the MLS, we can and do fill stadiums and pay premium prices to do so, something that prices of ice hockey tickets has been made normal. All teams are based in Major Canadian cities and draw relatively well. If there is any doubt about the leagues viability to survive it should be crushed by the addition of Athletico Ottawa, which is yes, owned by Athletico Madrid with should speak to the viability of the league.

In terms of the level of play, it is not super high, but in Canada is a natural stepping stone for top university players, and many Canadian Nationals play in the league. The league has proven that the competition level is high enough as during the offseason as many of our players  find themselves on loan in Europes mid to lower divisions.

List of Loanees:

https://canpl.ca/article/cplers-on-loan-y9s-nicholas-hamilton-makes-dundee-debut-petrasso-scores-again

The atmosphere is great at these games and reminds of going to some of smaller club matches when I travelled to England a few years ago. My local club is York9 FC which is just north-west of Toronto and really a joy to watch.

In terms of the leagues impact in FMM, I think it will make managing Canada internationally more viable as more players are now in game which may be intriguing for some with the rise of Alphonso Davies and Johnathan David (He better get it together). It also allows for the Domestic Amway Canadian Championship to really be properly implemented into the game, it existed if you used any of the Canadian MLS teams but was hardly a competition given that most of the teams were greyed out/place holders or whatever you may call them. I think the CPL along with the additions of the Liga MX and Argentina will actually finally unlock a CONCAF competition for teams in the Americas which is something FMM has lacked making playing in the MLS very dull in the past. 

As a football fan in the America and as a Canadian, the introduction of the CPL and the other leagues is very exciting as it will allow me to further connect with local football and hopefully these additions can bring more of the American player base into the game in the same way it has peaked my interest this season!

Rauz

I think there are few reasons why Canada is in the game but none of it is because is a fun or powerfull or they have great teams, rivalry, prospects etc. 

I think the reasons are

1. Marketing so SI can enter a market with a lot of users with financial stability so they can sell

2. Marketing of the Canadian League, as is a virtually unknown league with unknown players, they need bring the league up in front of the masses, a game can get you a lot

3. Expansion of MLS as many clubs will relate directly as feeders clubs. 

Sadly I don't see this league being used more that few times, and mostly by Canadians. Is not hard to play there as there are some good stadiums and facilities, there are worse league in the game if you want a hard challenge. Is also not entertaining as you only have few games, and the fact that many players go on loan in between seasons say a lot about game action there. Maybe can be used as a testing ground for different tactics!?

From my perspective, any others around here, we would like to see more leagues from South America or Europe. Personally I would love to have one in Africa as there are a lot of cool talented African players that have a great impact on big stages. 

My Friends after FMM21 release this month.Is there any database update for FMM20 again? Last updated was March 20 right? 

44 minutes ago, Putu_Hendra_Bayu said:

My Friends after FMM21 release this month.Is there any database update for FMM20 again? Last updated was March 20 right? 

No there won’t 

Nice updates!!! Looking forward to get my hands on the game!!!
If only they can add one more slot to the leagues though 🧐  four is not enough for me hahahahh

4 hours ago, thisisdctat said:

Nice updates!!! Looking forward to get my hands on the game!!!
If only they can add one more slot to the leagues though 🧐  four is not enough for me hahahahh

Yeah 5 would've been perfect for my ideal setup

As someone mentioned it before, I've become a bit of a skeptical in the matter of new features. Currently, they are of no use to me, as I take no fun in finding mentors, skip 2D matches and barely interact with players. 

The core issues of the game lie within IA: transfers, finances, players retiring too early, foreign clubs slowly losing the pace and regens popping everywhere but not where they should. 

Oh, and database: what's the point of having thousands of useless players when loading Australia, Poland or United States? Bermuda is ok for fun, bit the huge amount of non-league players kills the fun of finding hidden gems; counterwise, not loading USA, Australia or a British league leads you to miss a lot of decent players, some necessary to get international management. How can you tell there are enough Welsh players to assemble dozens of national teams, but the database lacks 53-55 Romanian, Greek, Czech, Chilean, Australian or Korean  representatives? 

Anyway, grumbling every year, buying every year, still enjoying it -until the guys keeping the 01-02 champman alive land on the apple store...-

[Argentina, Mexico, even Canada: great new leagues! Speaking: a big fan of N. Irish management with Distillery]

Edited by Sasha2

I am just wondering, if there will be an Ingame-Editor this year? If you have a look on the possible in-app-purchases in the iOS App Store, i can‘t find anything... 

13 minutes ago, AlexRiu said:

I am just wondering, if there will be an Ingame-Editor this year? If you have a look on the possible in-app-purchases in the iOS App Store, i can‘t find anything... 

Surely there will be one

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Surely there will be one

I hope so, because it is listed in the FMM20 but not (yet) in FMM21...

But one thing that I still worried that is there player instructions in fmm 21.  I think that player instructions can bring more diversity for the tactics.

I hope they announce features for FMT soon because these new features for FMM are tempting me to go buy a Chromebook and play FMM on that.

Edited by Mikey

There are new screenshots in the Play Store regarding playing wide but I have it in Spanish 😅

21 minutes ago, Willy Esposito said:

There are new screenshots in the Play Store regarding playing wide but I have it in Spanish 😅

Not on mine(I have it in English), can you put the screenshots here? 

2 hours ago, George Traistă said:

Not on mine(I have it in English), can you put the screenshots here? 

Sure, all the new features were added and also in the game description

Screenshot_20201121-222429.jpg

Screenshot_20201121-222420.jpg

Here it is in English. First time I've seen the description for Wing Play. Can't wait to try this out!

image.png.42818afe59e68f0d177eab9c8bad76d1.png

49 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Here it is in English. First time I've seen the description for Wing Play. Can't wait to try this out!

2K assist challenge incoming? 😏

1 hour ago, Kun Aguero said:

2K assist challenge incoming? 😏

LOL, maybe! Though, I only got the 1K because I had that tactic that encourages wing play. Strangely it worked much better with Mixed than Both Flanks or Right... So who knows - maybe Wing Play is just a fancy name for Both Flanks or something and won't work as well as my tactic (and who knows if that will still work!).

Gonna be a lot of fun finding out though... 🙂

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

I wonder if these are just preset options from the current options though? Like are these brand new settings or is say wing play just the old settings set to wide, direct, overlap and both flanks etc. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wonder if these are just preset options from the current options though? Like are these brand new settings or is say wing play just the old settings set to wide, direct, overlap and both flanks etc. 

I kinda guess it should be like that or at least it’s like that on the PC version as far as I know