Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat LLM Players (VNL N/S)

Rhewi

Most of us have had our non league to legend save starting in the 5th or 6th tier of the English pyramid. Whether you used a team favorite to win the league like York or fighting to avoid relegation like Blyth Spartans, its a save that looks like a challenge from the outside looking in. 

In reality its not really that difficult to succeed in the lower leagues, just sell or release your unwanted players and start searching for your desired free agents to fit your tactic. Load your team up with 3, 4 and 5 star players and breeze through the league, topping the table by 30 or 40 points and making a cup run to get even more money for free agents by giant killing.

This is great if you want to rush your way to league football and get that job offer from a team like Carlisle or Crewe or winning the VNL and FA trophy with ease.

I love these types of saves, but playing them this way isnt as much of a challenge as I would like it to be. So I'm here to ask you, the veterans of this game who have played for much longer than me. What are some tips/advice you could give me or anyone else to make a non league to legend save more realistic and challenging?

11 minutes ago, Rhewi said:

Most of us have had our non league to legend save starting in the 5th or 6th tier of the English pyramid. Whether you used a team favorite to win the league like York or fighting to avoid relegation like Blyth Spartans, its a save that looks like a challenge from the outside looking in. 

In reality its not really that difficult to succeed in the lower leagues, just sell or release your unwanted players and start searching for your desired free agents to fit your tactic. Load your team up with 3, 4 and 5 star players and breeze through the league, topping the table by 30 or 40 points and making a cup run to get even more money for free agents by giant killing.

This is great if you want to rush your way to league football and get that job offer from a team like Carlisle or Crewe or winning the VNL and FA trophy with ease.

I love these types of saves, but playing them this way isnt as much of a challenge as I would like it to be. So I'm here to ask you, the veterans of this game who have played for much longer than me. What are some tips/advice you could give me or anyone else to make a non league to legend save more realistic and challenging?

Try to get a nice looking manager profile and it will change the way you play the game drastically , you will stop using the game weakness in your advantage

I've just started a Non league save, skipped the first year and waited patiently for a job, Along came Billericay, However I am usually like you and struggle to continue careers after getting bored. With this one though I am limiting myself to 1 or 2 signings a season making the players you have currently and the player you sign feel more personal and realistically more difficult. I'm having a tonne of fun and have achieved back to back promotions but now I'm finding league two difficult but it's a lot more fun than picking up the best free agents and selling them on!

13 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

There’s a few tips here to make a save more realistic.

What about bringing in players on loan? Am I only allowed to loan players that my scout has randomly found or am I allowed to use the list? I was thinking of maybe limiting myself to only bringing in loans of players who were free agents that signed to other teams, since most free agents that are interested end up signing with league 1/2 or below teams.

19 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

I've just started a Non league save, skipped the first year and waited patiently for a job, Along came Billericay, However I am usually like you and struggle to continue careers after getting bored. With this one though I am limiting myself to 1 or 2 signings a season making the players you have currently and the player you sign feel more personal and realistically more difficult. I'm having a tonne of fun and have achieved back to back promotions but now I'm finding league two difficult but it's a lot more fun than picking up the best free agents and selling them on!

Yeah usually league 1 is where I start spinning wheels and spend 2 or 3 seasons before getting to the Championship. I prefer to pick a club and start right away instead of waiting a year since the AI have horrible team management.

8 minutes ago, Rhewi said:

What about bringing in players on loan? Am I only allowed to loan players that my scout has randomly found or am I allowed to use the list?

Yes you can only sign players recommend by your scouts either on loan or permanently.

Really the rules in that article are simply a guide and you can cherrypick whatever you want from it and add other rules in yourself as well. Really whatever makes the game more fun/challenging for you is a good thing I think.

12 minutes ago, Rhewi said:

Yeah usually league 1 is where I start spinning wheels and spend 2 or 3 seasons before getting to the Championship. I prefer to pick a club and start right away instead of waiting a year since the AI have horrible team management.

Tbh i very rarely start anytime other than the start of the game but I thought it would add an extra dimension to the save, Had numerous offers over the course of my 2 and a half years to move up the food chain but something about Billericay has sucked me in.

24 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Yes you can only sign players recommend by your scouts either on loan or permanently.

Really the rules in that article are simply a guide and you can cherrypick whatever you want from it and add other rules in yourself as well. Really whatever makes the game more fun/challenging for you is a good thing I think.

OK so I am going to go with 3000 stadium capacity and facilities must be in the red. Which after looking over lowers my choices to 8 teams. Gloucester and Spennymoor in the North and Chippenham, Dorking, Dulwich Hamlet, Hungerford, Oxford City and Tonbridge in the south.

Going Bronze badge and Normal (Local) rep, no cheats, create my own tactic and any players already there on loan will be sent back. I will also place the following restrictions on signings:

1. Only sign or loan players my scout finds, free agents must be scouted before being signed. (Thinking of putting an age limitation on this like 23 and under for free agents). I can only sign or loan players in during the normal league transfer windows.

2. Only sell players that other teams make an offer for or if that player has requested to be placed on the transfer list. No player is allowed to be placed on the transfer list unless they request it. Only players 21 and under can be listed for loan. Any player listed for loan will not be allowed on the First Team squad at any time. If you take a player off loan list to place in first team, that player is not allowed to be placed back on the loan list for the rest of that season. If any loan eligible player is not loaned out by the end of the normal transfer window( I know non league has a different one but I need more restrictions) then that player has to be taken off the placed for loan list until January 1st and placed on the First Team squad during closed transfer windows. (To keep my squad from getting over 40 players at any time)

3. Only unemployed staff can be signed the first season and after that staff can only be signed from lower leagues, cannot sign staff from the same league. Any unemployed staff that is signed must be from UK/Ireland at any time, even if I make Premier League.

4. Only England will be loaded and I can only accept job offers during the January transfer window or from June 1st to July 1st.

5. I can never go over the wage budget at any time. If I do go over budget then I must immediately resign from that team and will only be able to take another job from the same league or lower. 

Any other ideas Foxy? Does this already sound Challenge Index worthy?

47 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

Tbh i very rarely start anytime other than the start of the game but I thought it would add an extra dimension to the save, Had numerous offers over the course of my 2 and a half years to move up the food chain but something about Billericay has sucked me in.

I like Billericay. They were one of the first teams I used. They had so much money for free agents that I could basically fill any hole in the squad.

I looked at those 8 clubs and narrowed the choices down to 3.

1. Gloucester- They have a squad I can use a 4-2-3-1 with and a full complement of staff already. Only 170 available in wage budget but that can be boosted since they only have stay safe from relegation as season expectation.

2. Oxford City- The only team on the list with below average facilities so 2 staff in each area is a plus. A squad built for a 4-4-2 and over 1k available in wages with stay safe from relegation as expectations. 

3. Tonbridge- The team with that new car smell freshly promoted from tier 7. They have almost 3k in wages available and expectations of a mid table finish. Another squad built for a 4-4-2.

Edited by Rhewi
Context
26 minutes ago, Rhewi said:

I looked at those 8 clubs and narrowed the choices down to 3.

1. Gloucester- They have a squad I can use a 4-2-3-1 with and a full complement of staff already. Only 170 available in wage budget but that can be boosted since they only have stay safe from relegation as season expectation.

2. Oxford City- The only team on the list with below average facilities so 2 staff in each area is a plus. A squad built for a 4-4-2 and over 1k available in wages with stay safe from relegation as expectations. 

3. Tonbridge- The team with that new car smell freshly promoted from tier 7. They have almost 3k in wages available and expectations of a mid table finish. Another squad built for a 4-4-2.

Got to be tonbridge, the lure of a brand new era in a brand new league should trump everything.

59 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

Got to be tonbridge, the lure of a brand new era in a brand new league should trump everything.

I believe the restrictions im putting on myself are definitely going to add a challenge this time. I needed a backup ML and this was the only free agent available that fit into my guidelines. Hopefully my scout finds someone to buy or loan very soon lol.

Screenshot_2020-11-01-16-37-02.png

This guy was already loaned to the team. I ended the original loan and signed him on loan again with 0% wages and only a 4.5k buyout.

Screenshot_2020-11-01-16-45-57.png

You also have footballing royalty at your disposal in Ben Greenhalgh, who once won Footballs Next Star back in 2010

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201102_195339_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b6763c6a2b43de643a1d80cf97524138.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195608_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9baf55d16ce4cd7f85f1d1f558bf53d0.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195715_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7acc8ddb47bfe12312bf4f1aa87f2ce8.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195709_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.6f8a984b710ed930712440c4d2c280da.jpg

Offered a six month contract by Jose Mourinho, training alongside Patrick Vieira and Ronaldos body double for a time, what a 10 years that boy had

7 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

You also have footballing royalty at your disposal in Ben Greenhalgh, who once won Footballs Next Star back in 2010

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20201102_195339_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b6763c6a2b43de643a1d80cf97524138.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195608_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9baf55d16ce4cd7f85f1d1f558bf53d0.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195715_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7acc8ddb47bfe12312bf4f1aa87f2ce8.jpgScreenshot_20201102_195709_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.6f8a984b710ed930712440c4d2c280da.jpg

Offered a six month contract by Jose Mourinho, training alongside Patrick Vieira and Ronaldos body double for a time, what a 10 years that boy had

He's definitely been getting some time in the squad!