Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Passing style

YipYipJe

Hello.. Sorry to ask a rookie type question

I need help. If my strikers struggled to win aerial duels, which passing style should i use? I'm still new in this game sorry 

Screenshot_20201103_074603.jpg

Screenshot_20201103_074556.jpg

Screenshot_20201103_074546.jpg

Hmm, I'd try Short. But also, you might want to make sure you're not playing with Wingers, as they will send the crosses in regardless of the passing style. Make them Wide Midfielders or Advanced Playmakers instead (depending on which line you have them). 

I generally leave Mixed until I have players with good Decision ratings, as they can use whichever is best in any particular circumstance (not 100% sure it actually does this, but have heard others say this too). 

But personally I'd try to train and/or mentor their Aerial or replace them with players who are better in the air, as I've had a lot of success with strikers who can score via their head in this year's game.

It's a difficult one as nothing really dictates the height of the pass or cross. In theory wingers could stick to low crosses, for example does direct mean lump it up to the forwards or does it mean play it forward quickly. 

Personally I'd look at what @Scratchsaid but I'd also look at the supply. With good crossing and decision stats we can speculate that the player will put in the more suited cross to the situation. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It's a difficult one as nothing really dictates the height of the pass or cross. In theory wingers could stick to low crosses,

That’s where a wingers decision making comes into play.

It might have been a couple of years ago now so I can’t find the exact quote but @Marc Vaughan said that players will choose how they play the ball to the strikers based on not just the strikers role but also there attributes.

So for example if you play a striker with good aerial as a poacher it likely that wide players will put high crosses into him but if it’s a player with low aerial they might play it low or more to feet although then you might not want to bother playing with wingers and perhaps use AP’s instead. That’s where you need good decision making though as players are only going to choose the right way to play the ball to a striker if he can make the right decision at the right time.

Thanks @FuddledFox i like the way you explain

Can you explain to me more about each roles and how they operate if you've time? 

I just can't understand the in game explanation 

Or you can just provide the link about the roles explained if you feel it's too long

Sorry to bother anyway thanks

2 hours ago, YipYipJe said:

Can you explain to me more about each roles and how they operate if you've time? 

See what I can do.

Poacher: His only job is to score goals so he will be selfish. He needs decent movement, shooting and ideally some pace.

Advanced Forward: Similar to a poacher but he will get a bit more involved in general play whereas a poacher will just be a goal hanger.

Target Man: He will play with his back to goal and needs to be strong to hold up the ball. He will get involved in build up play as well as getting into the box to try and score especially with his head from crosses.

Deep Lying Forward: He will drop deep to link play similar to a target man but will be more comfortable on the ball so he needs good passing and creativity.

Complete Forward: He can do everything and do it well so he is good in the air, can shoot and can create chances for other players as well. Think how Harry Kane plays for Spurs.

Defensive Forward: He will put pressure in the opposition defenders to try and make them lose the ball so he needs good teamwork and pace. With the ball he will play similar to a target man and try and bring others into play.

Trequatista: Plays like a false 9 so think Messi at Barca when Pep was manager. He will drop back into midfield to make space for other players usually inside forwards.

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

See what I can do.

Poacher: His only job is to score goals so he will be selfish. He needs decent movement, shooting and ideally some pace.

Advanced Forward: Similar to a poacher but he will get a bit more involved in general play whereas a poacher will just be a goal hanger.

Target Man: He will play with his back to goal and needs to be strong to hold up the ball. He will get involved in build up play as well as getting into the box to try and score especially with his head from crosses.

Deep Lying Forward: He will drop deep to link play similar to a target man but will be more comfortable on the ball so he needs good passing and creativity.

Complete Forward: He can do everything and do it well so he is good in the air, can shoot and can create chances for other players as well. Think how Harry Kane plays for Spurs.

Defensive Forward: He will put pressure in the opposition defenders to try and make them lose the ball so he needs good teamwork and pace. With the ball he will play similar to a target man and try and bring others into play.

Trequatista: Plays like a false 9 so think Messi at Barca when Pep was manager. He will drop back into midfield to make space for other players usually inside forwards.

Whoa i seriously appreciate your effort writing this

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and sorry... Can i ask you one more question? 

How to pair them or create duo with them? Sorry my english quite brokenbroken

Anyway massive thanks for your time and effort

29 minutes ago, YipYipJe said:

How to pair them or create duo with them?

The classic duo would be a strong target man player or a creative deep lying forward alongside a fast poacher or advanced forward.

9 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

The classic duo would be a strong target man player or a creative deep lying forward alongside a fast poacher or advanced forward.

Alright thanks