Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Best moments of FMM20

ScottishFMM

Vibers!

I think we can all agree that this year is game has been a success with SI giving us another great game, as we look forward to a new year of FMM with the potential of the new leagues added and the excitement of the 'smaller' drops in the coming days 🤞 I feel it would be great to look back on the year we've all had on the game and just add comments on our favourite moments of FMM20. This can be a favourite save, player and even just a memorial game in a save.

For myself I got invested in a save around March (lockdown) with St Mirren and got sacked after my first season 😬 by the end of the save I was in 2035 and had won the title in Scotland, France, England and Germany along with the 'Major' cups in all the nations as well as the Champs League and Europa too! 

I think it's the first save I've had in a while that was prolonged, after winning the first few trophies I wanted to make it a DoctorBenjy esqe Glory Hunter and achieved everything at Club level.

I do look forward to reading about your FMM20 adventures!

I got to say I’ve had a few memorable moments on this years edition and I’ve really enjoyed the game. 

First one is probably the relationship Haaland and Esposito had on my Juve save and both racked up a 1,000 goals each which was nice. Esposito being one of my favourite players this year. 

Getting a 1,000 for Ryan Edmonson as well was nice as he isn’t the greatest player, but I enjoyed developing a tactic that could get him to that 1,000.

Really enjoyed the Messi, Ronaldo challenge as you would never see them two playing together. Also my favourite quick challenge the Kevin De Bruyne one which also helped me create my favourite tactic, jusy hoping it works on next years 🤣

Before joining the site id say it was my Ajax save, where I was there for 10 years but by then Newcastle had been relegated to league 2, so when the opportunity came up I had to go there, where we then climbed back up and managed to win the premier league and champions league in a relatively short time.

Anyway I’ve done enough boasting now, I’ve boosted my ego enough 😉

1 hour ago, RichD said:

I got to say I’ve had a few memorable moments on this years edition and I’ve really enjoyed the game. 

First one is probably the relationship Haaland and Esposito had on my Juve save and both racked up a 1,000 goals each which was nice. Esposito being one of my favourite players this year. 

Getting a 1,000 for Ryan Edmonson as well was nice as he isn’t the greatest player, but I enjoyed developing a tactic that could get him to that 1,000.

Really enjoyed the Messi, Ronaldo challenge as you would never see them two playing together. Also my favourite quick challenge the Kevin De Bruyne one which also helped me create my favourite tactic, jusy hoping it works on next years 🤣

Before joining the site id say it was my Ajax save, where I was there for 10 years but by then Newcastle had been relegated to league 2, so when the opportunity came up I had to go there, where we then climbed back up and managed to win the premier league and champions league in a relatively short time.

Tremendous work Rich! A fine year indeed.

My proudest achievement on FMM2020 has to be winning the Community Shield with Liverpool in the first season. It's the only trophy I won this year 🏆🏆🏆

10 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Getting little Latina in Italy to win the Club World Championship in the 2040's was pretty sweet 😎

20 years at one club? Mr Tree you have my appreciation!😁

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

My proudest achievement on FMM2020 has to be winning the Community Shield with Liverpool in the first season. It's the only trophy I won this year 🏆🏆🏆

What is it they say, A trophy is a trophy?🏆

18 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

20 years at one club? Mr Tree you have my appreciation!😁

Ha, well I did all 30 with my bees elsewhere, but Latina was part of my journey though Italy - I got them from the Serie C relegation zone to world champions within five years :)

I would say my best moment was being at LA Galaxy for ten years, having a son come in through the youth system, loaning him off for three straight seasons, coming back, and doing good enough to be called up to the national team hehe 

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Ha, well I did all 30 with my bees elsewhere, but Latina was part of my journey though Italy - I got them from the Serie C relegation zone to world champions within five years :)

I'll be sure to take a look through this Tree, I applaud you for the journey before I've started reading!😀

3 minutes ago, vchta said:

I would say my best moment was being at LA Galaxy for ten years, having a son come in through the youth system, loaning him off for three straight seasons, coming back, and doing good enough to be called up to the national team hehe 

Nice one! the US of A is a nation I've never tried to manage in this year, I assume the rules and regulations are similar to the ones on FM? I've also never managed to have a son in the game so kudo's for that achievement.  

The save that I have enjoyed the most was my narcissistic challenge that was from zero to hero in 7 years with a team full of George (George, Jorge, Jordy, Giorgious, Jorgen etc). The fact that you have limited players, only around 120 in the entire game, and only few good for top level, stretches your creativity a lot. The same save lead of the creation of my favorite tactic. 

Another "thing" that put a smile on my face is when you see players that you first use in the game take of în real live. Like yesterday when Szaboslai from Hungary sent his country to the Euros, he is my favorite CM in the game and I have used him in few saves. Another players that first used in the game and now they made some great games and set to be future stars are Pedri and Rayan Ait-Nouri (from Wolves). Seeing the FMM got their potential spot on, is a great moment. 

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

The save that I have enjoyed the most was my narcissistic challenge that was from zero to hero in 7 years with a team full of George (George, Jorge, Jordy, Giorgious, Jorgen etc). The fact that you have limited players, only around 120 in the entire game, and only few good for top level, stretches your creativity a lot. The same save lead of the creation of my favorite tactic. 

Another "thing" that put a smile on my face is when you see players that you first use in the game take of în real live. Like yesterday when Szaboslai from Hungary sent his country to the Euros, he is my favorite CM in the game and I have used him in few saves. Another players that first used in the game and now they made some great games and set to be future stars are Pedri and Rayan Ait-Nouri (from Wolves). Seeing the FMM got their potential spot on, is a great moment. 

The George save was a great read actually, I remember thinking how great of a concept it was. Could and should be used more often in the future!🙌. Nothing better than your FM players producing on the real life stage. 

Mine is the Warriors H2H with @FuddledFox, @Ian, and @Woody. Not necessarily because we all got good stuff out of it, but mainly because they are three fantastic lads and we tend to do some form of a h2h each year now and I massively enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

You must of used the IGE to accomplish that feat surely 😉

Over the years playing fmm I had success with different clubs on different levels but one club I could never get on with..it was Portsmouth

I attempted to ressurect them 2 times over the years and got fired first season every time

Fmm20 gave me a chance to try it again as I was searching for a decent post-March update save and I finally did it..two back to back promotions and back to PL it is

4 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

Over the years playing fmm I had success with different clubs on different levels but one club I could never get on with..it was Portsmouth

I attempted to ressurect them 2 times over the years and got fired first season every time

Fmm20 gave me a chance to try it again as I was searching for a decent post-March update save and I finally did it..two back to back promotions and back to PL it is

If at first you don’t succeed! Well done good sir👍🏻

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Mine is the Warriors H2H with @FuddledFox, @Ian, and @Woody. Not necessarily because we all got good stuff out of it, but mainly because they are three fantastic lads and we tend to do some form of a h2h each year now and I massively enjoy it. 

Best part of the year mate 👍

On 13/11/2020 at 12:12, ScottishFMM said:

Nice one! the US of A is a nation I've never tried to manage in this year, I assume the rules and regulations are similar to the ones on FM? I've also never managed to have a son in the game so kudo's for that achievement.  

It’s fun! The seasons are nice and short. I’m Mexican-America so now I can’t wait to manage in Mexico! I’ve never played actual FM but there’s no real rules or regulations. There’s no salary cap or anything like that. But you should give it a shot. Yeah, I didn’t know you can have a son so that was a pleasant surprise lol 

I didn’t see this thread somehow 😅 I guess my best achievement probably got my first 1k after like 3 failed attempts? My first VWC didn’t go that bad either finishing 4th which aren’t that bad for first try. And finally I got my first article to be at the front page yesterday!

I should probably say my best moment was completing my Scratch Goes Crazy career, with both a 2KC and an assists 1KC (first time for me for both), but...

actually I feel like my best moment was breaking out of using that tactic (same one I've been using for 3 years now) and trying some wildly different stuff and finding a tactic that worked for a DT and another that worked for a TT... That was a lot of fun and I was happy to complete my first DT and my first TT...

8 hours ago, cezzz16 said:

Stopped playing after my Arezo 1k due to personal reasons. That's my first ever 1k goal challenge and it was fun! 

Guess who’s back, back again,  cezzzzzzaaaaa’s back. Tell a friend.

Guess who’s back x 5

Lalallalaalalalalala

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Guess who’s back, back again,  cezzzzzzaaaaa’s back. Tell a friend.

Guess who’s back x 5

Lalallalaalalalalala

Cezzzzzaaaa’s back!

Cezzzzzaaaa’s back!

Cezzzzzaaaa’s back!

*insert solo guitar performance 

On 13/11/2020 at 18:34, RichD said:

Which formation did u use for newcastle.  what formations worked for you?