Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Prolonging players careers

sammummery

Hi, has anyone got any tips to try and stop your favourite squad/first team players from retiring or mitigate against waves of earlier retirements as the game goes on? 

Edited by sammummery
Changes
6 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

I think @Ianshowed with his incredible 30yr Kean game last year that, if your man is still a key player (plays a lot and plays well), he'll keep going...

The same happened with @Kun Aguero goalkeeper who was still between the sticks at 40+

From what I've learned from my 49 years old striker and 43 years old GK career, the key is to always offer him a 5-years contract and click the "reconsider retirement" button straight after that, that way your player will have at least 5 more playing years even if he decided to not reconsider his retirement. Of course the chance of him reconsidering retirement is larger if he's still a key player in the team. IMO the "reconsider retirement" thing seems to be a bit overpowered in this year's game.