Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch's Late Run - Single, Double, Triple [COmplete]

Scratch

Well, the clock is ticking. Can I squeeze one final FMM20 career in before FMM21 drops? Gonna be real close... I might have to be brief with the write up. 

Anyway, I'm trying this challenge from @Kun Aguero

Each season you bring a striker to the club and add them to the foward line (season one must be 1 up front, season two must be 2 up front, etc). Score and assist as much as possible.

As this will be my final FMM20 career, I decided to go back to where it all started: Celtic (where I did my crazy 2KC & assists 1KC save). I normally do several challenges there a year, but this year I never went back. Until now. 

I also decided to use some of my favourite players from this year (this meant I had to use the November DB):

• Season 1: Koita! He missed a 1KC in my crazy career, then I abandoned the second attempt in my No One Left Behind career, so it's time to give him one last dance (even if it's not a 1KC). He disappeared in the March DB, so who knows if he'll even be in FMM21.
  • Season 2: Pellegri. I loved using him in my DT and because I'm using the November DB, I'm getting the good version (he was significantly nerfed in the March DB). 
  • Season 3: Esposito. The other striker from my DT and perhaps my favourite player from this year. 

The way it works out, they will all be 19 in their first season at the club, which in many ways is ideal. I learnt this year that a 27 to 29 year old will perform a LOT better than a younger player (everything else being equal). However, I also learnt that the best players in the world in season 1 are not as good as a player you train up (especially when it comes to Aerial).

At Celtic, you don't really have a choice. You can afford and attract wonderkids like the ones listed above, but you can't attract or afford the older better players. Better off with the kids as they will be pretty good by the end of their first season development. And 19 is the perfect age for that. They are young enough that they will level up quickly, but old enough that their development won't plateu. 

Anyway. my season 1 lad:

crazy-pregame-03.jpg

Of the 3, he is the only one that struggles to develop Aerial, so I brought in an older average player (Matt Smith) with strong Aerial to mentor him (and it worked okayish). 

Speaking of transfers:

Spoiler

single-double-triple1-09.jpg.150c79a1f10ad752c8eb804cebae420b.jpgsingle-double-triple1-10.jpg.dcfa7dfeb6a9285cec5351983f9bebac.jpgsingle-double-triple1-11.jpg.69c9839a52fdd0fd1299ef43a75a3c27.jpgsingle-double-triple1-12.jpg.b2a41f00fb0e085d51ef8b3b69f5a0ac.jpg

I sold everyone of value (some like Forrest went in January after his form let me get 40M), then I bought a bunch of young players who will develop quickly (for the same reasons the 3 lads are young). I made good use of the 50% sell on clause, given most will stay at the club for the duration, which let me get a better squad than I might otherwise have got.

Tactics wise, I was originally thinking I'd use my 1KC, DT and TT tactics respectively, but I recently tried my 1KC tactic in a test career and I can't go back to it. It gets the goals for the main man and loads of assists for the right winger, but there just aren't enough goals to keep me happy after now creating much more attacking tactics. Therefore I went with this:

single-double-triple1-01.jpg.a6547ad5dc87cd3b9eacf2b8b265a6be.jpg

It's basically my TT tactic, with two forwards replaced by central midfielders. 

As for injuries, Koita had two 10 day injuries:

Spoiler

single-double-triple1-05.jpg.d5f469d2f4d9cfbbc5219c4de21fb2ff.jpgsingle-double-triple1-04.jpg.167875a52d711cfdd56cbd36069df3ff.jpg

No time for the full results sorry, but here is the summary (bottom of the CL group, got truly smashed😞

single-double-triple1-08.jpg.942be04f3a19931bb300221d5a246489.jpg

And here be our boy at the end of the season:

single-double-triple1-16.jpg.d9c22ebb33b0f80484d11c0775dafcf8.jpg

Not bad at all! I'd like his Aerial to be higher, but he's far from done yet and he's already good enough to tear Scotland apart...

Which is just what he did:

single-double-triple1-17.jpg.f18edb3a245f3320207b6900135a5655.jpg

So, for season 1, we have: 51 goals + 14 assists = 65 points

Not a bad start and as with all my careers when I go the wonderkid path, season two will likely see a LOT more goals. So batten down the hatches!

Edited by Scratch
7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Great score but the game’s out tomorrow not sure if it’s possible for 3 season 😂

Yeah, I know. 3 games left in season 2. But still a big ask... If it comes out at the end of the UK's 24th, I'll probably sneak it in. If it comes out at the beginning of Australia's 24th, no hope. I suspect it will come smack bang in the middle of that, so probably with half a season left. If I'm close enough, I'll finish it...

Never heard of Koita but looks nice. As for Pellegri I only used him once and it was ok-ish and now I find out I used the wrong version of him 😂 So I want to see how good is his best version (Nov 2019).

Good luck! No pressure 

Tic

Tac

Tic

Tac 😂

54 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Never heard of Koita but looks nice. As for Pellegri I only used him once and it was ok-ish and now I find out I used the wrong version of him 😂 So I want to see how good is his best version (Nov 2019).

Good luck! No pressure 

Tic

Tac

Tic

Tac 😂

LOL... I want FMM21 asap. But also I don't want it for maybe another day. 🤣

Yeah, Koita is really good, but only in the November DB, not sure why they removed him. I used him in my first FMM20 career - I got a 2KC for Unuvar and an Assists 1KC for Vignato, but I was also trying to get an extra 1KC for Koita who was the backup striker for Unuvar (subbing on and covering when injured or tired). He got about 600 from memory, but well short of the 1KC. This is what he looked like:

crazy-season11-14.jpg

And Pellegri is also awesome, but only on the November 2019. He can still be good in the March one, just much less likely. I used him in my DT and absolutely awesome:

three-vieris-season10-23.jpg

Gonna miss these lads if they aren't in FMM21 or if they aren't as good...

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Kun Aguero said:

Great way to end your FMM20 career, looking forward to see how Pellegri and Esposito did. Love seeing those wonderkids you bought 👍

Thanks mate and thanks for a great idea for a career! 😄

I remember reading your 2k one and Koita for the 1k and tried finding him as he looked good, but just seeing you say that he was removed is the reason why! 

Some nice signings to go with him and will only improve season by season, hope you manage to get it done before the new game, I’m in a spot where I’m really enjoying playing in the Welsh league at the moment, so could do with a few more days of that before new FMMM🤣

Anyway great score and start to this for you, I’m sure you’ll smash the second and third season 👍

1 hour ago, RichD said:

I remember reading your 2k one and Koita for the 1k and tried finding him as he looked good, but just seeing you say that he was removed is the reason why! 

Some nice signings to go with him and will only improve season by season, hope you manage to get it done before the new game, I’m in a spot where I’m really enjoying playing in the Welsh league at the moment, so could do with a few more days of that before new FMMM🤣

Anyway great score and start to this for you, I’m sure you’ll smash the second and third season 👍

It's a strange one as he was one of the better young players in the game, really top notch, and then just removed! I guess they worked out they'd overestimated his potential? Makes me think if he comes back in 21 he won't be as good? Who knows...

Yeah, we did really well in season 2 (just finished it). And it was a lot of fun. I think I like the two up front tactic best at the moment, even though I've been playing my 3 up front more often.

If we could get FMM in two days, I'd be fine with that! Nah, I need it now. Or maybe in a day and a half. Or a in minute and a half. Damn, I'm messed up! 🤣

36 minutes ago, Rob said:

100% guarantee you’ve already finished this.

But good luck anyway!

Nah mate, I've just finished season 2. I think I'll get half a season in tonight (almost 7pm here now), then if FMM21 drops, we'll have to see if I finish it or not. Posting the career is an accountability move to push through and finish it. 

I held off posting it until I got far enough through that I want to get it finished. I normally would have posted a couple of days, before I started, but this time I thought I better see how far through I got before committing..

Okay, let's jump into season 2! We have a lot of youngsters who are starting to get pretty good now, so this could be a good season. 🤞

First, let's meet our new striker:

single-double-triple2-01.jpg.26443a33983964be3632ceefd5bd9118.jpg

He's quite happy to join us because RB Salzburg clearly know sweet FA about how to develop a young striker. Never mind lad, you'll soon be looking like (and scoring like) your new best mate, Koita. 

He only cost £6.5M plus Ryan Christie (a good player but he'd stopped developing and wasn't as good as the youngsters any more). Here are the rest of the transfers:

Spoiler

single-double-triple2-19.jpg.f806fef43ff71519272c4e4d26c199a1.jpg

single-double-triple2-20.jpg.bdf6c8007c622839cb3af7d94cc0cc60.jpg

single-double-triple2-21.jpg.41c688ce8672db04ccfe2408a2199043.jpg

Of the other new lads, two are unknown regens, hopefully good at that price point (and that's with the 50% sell on), while Wallquist is Swedish and will hopefully make an excellent back up striker (if you know what I mean).

I used my DT tactic, but tweaked it a bit with learnings from my TT tactic (basically took the WB from the DR position and moved them forward to DMR and inverted them so they don't run into the RW by accident):

single-double-triple2-05.jpg.41ce790ae586c2674d415552d2bef7bf.jpg

Seemed to work alright. 153 goals in the league with only 15 conceded. A little better in Europe this year as well (third in the CL group, but not strong enough to beat Arsenal in the Europa League):

single-double-triple2-18.jpg.4228c8674d40e3741e79c44912aab2d1.jpg

On the injury front, it was all Pellegri (2 weeks, 3 weeks and 2 weeks) and no Koita (though he missed 3 weeks or so with the African Nations Cup): 

Spoiler

single-double-triple2-04.jpg.6134b9188bb1798b3c28a794e00bb3b5.jpg

single-double-triple2-06.jpg.9dfd7c702e2d4ad33666763f55d09fc2.jpg

single-double-triple2-09.jpg.c9b8de7dac7074a7489b0ec26d7b4f5a.jpg

On his return from the final injury, Pellegri scored 5 goals in one game, followed by 6 goals in the next - nice comeback!

Spoiler

single-double-triple2-11.jpg.fd2894f4ef35d2b115f1110a26adcad0.jpg

single-double-triple2-12.jpg.27e845869d9d3a49af3f2e05bc7e637b.jpg

Here are the lads at the end of the season (Koita's development has slowed, Pellegri almost catching him up in a single season):

single-double-triple2-24.jpg.8afd2ee4b07b47a7705f4b1a36b82bf5.jpg

single-double-triple2-26.jpg.4fc133cf5f4baabbef8cc4b931cedf5f.jpg

So, they look great, and the team got a lot of goals, but how did the two lads go? Let's see:

single-double-triple2-25.jpg.2efa3ec56a5518ab34dd6d56c2c1d4e2.jpg

single-double-triple2-27.jpg.e1500da2f1145484ccc1ecef0238e9e4.jpg

Not bad! So Koita got 71 goals and 12 assists for 83 points, while Pellegri got 62 goals and 22 assists for 84 points. I wasn't expecting Pellegri to get more points than Koita in his first season, especially with less games, but there you go. A total of 167 points for season 2. 

• Season 1:   65 Points
  • Season 2: 167 Points

Total: 232 points

So there you go. The third amigo joins next season and then we'll really have some fun! 

Edited by Scratch

Brilliant second season there mate, really good score, they certainly stepped up a gear for the second season, they look great as well, wonder who the 3rd player will be, look forward to seeing.

5 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Wow, those are some great numbers, 133 goals from 153, so the whole squad only got 20 goals. 

Well the 153 is goals in the league, whereas the 133 is from all competitions. Not sure how many we scored all up but must have been over 200. 

Wow, looking at your choice of players, tactic and how you develop them.. Where have i been. Its already too late to discuss though as tomorrow is FMM21 release day no? Looking forward to your post in 2021

6 minutes ago, RichD said:

Brilliant second season there mate, really good score, they certainly stepped up a gear for the second season, they look great as well, wonder who the 3rd player will be, look forward to seeing.

Thanks mate! Yeah it was an enjoyable season. You put these lads in Scotland and there'll be no shortage of goals! 

Player number 3 is Esposito - no secrets this time, no time with FMM21 about to drop, mentioned the 3 players in the first post 🙂.

I set up the transfer as soon as the Jan transfer window closed in Season 2, so when I wrote this up, I already knew I had him - I had been a bit worried he'd be out of our league by season 3, but Inter know sh&t all about developing youngsters too. Played a few games for them, but not much and was still a back up...

4 minutes ago, Adrien said:

Wow, looking at your choice of players, tactic and how you develop them.. Where have i been. Its already too late to discuss though as tomorrow is FMM21 release day no? Looking forward to your post in 2021

Thanks mate. There's no real secret. I know all of these player will have a pretty high PA, so they will develop well. And they are 19 when they join the team, so they will develop fast and not hit the "development plateau" thing. And because they are strikers, they will score goals (especially in Scotland), which means they develop faster. And I have top facilities and all Gold Natural coaches. So it just sort of happens! 

And yeah, FMM21 should be out tomorrow. Hopefully in less than 12 hours 🤞. I'm playing season 3 now, hoping to get halfway tonight, then it will be close enough I can finish it. But it's a total rush to get it dinished in time! 😄

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s some nice score

Thanks mate. Gotta love the SPL. Well if you're playing Celtic, not sure you could get players that good with any other team (maybe Rangers?).

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate! Yeah it was an enjoyable season. You put these lads in Scotland and there'll be no shortage of goals! 

Player number 3 is Esposito - no secrets this time, no time with FMM21 about to drop, mentioned the 3 players in the first post 🙂.

I set up the transfer as soon as the Jan transfer window closed in Season 2, so when I wrote this up, I already knew I had him - I had been a bit worried he'd be out of our league by season 3, but Inter know sh&t all about developing youngsters too. Played a few games for them, but not much and was still a back up...

I even knew it was him, I remember reading it now 🙈

Esposito has been my favourite striker on this years, hope he’s just as good on the new one. Inter Milan rarely get the best out of him on any of my saves, he goes so good as well when trained well!

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate. Gotta love the SPL. Well if you're playing Celtic, not sure you could get players that good with any other team (maybe Rangers?).

Yes Celtics is a great team they also got one of my favourite player of FMM20, Mikey Johnston

I think Rangers got a few great players to use

Just now, RichD said:

I even knew it was him, I remember reading it now 🙈

Esposito has been my favourite striker on this years, hope he’s just as good on the new one. Inter Milan rarely get the best out of him on any of my saves, he goes so good as well when trained well!

Yeah, he's my favourite as well, though Pellegri (pre-Winter) is close. Had those two in my DT, probably my favourite save this year. Which is so weird, because I got 2K with Unuvar and he's not my favourite... Can't really explain it.

Hope Esposito is great on 21 as well - but also excited to find some new players too!! 

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Yes Celtics is a great team they also got one of my favourite player of FMM20, Mikey Johnston

I think Rangers got a few great players to use

Yeah, they have a decent squad to start with, can raise good cash from selling, quite a few good youngsters too (Johnston one of my favourites too) and most importantly can attract better players to the club.

I'd guess Rangers wouldn't be too far behind, but I don't want to cross the divide! I've always said I'd try a different team sometime, but when it comes down to it, I end up going with Celtic because there's so much potential there. One day though! 🙂

Okay, last season of FMM20 for me...

First, we welcomed this lad to the club:

single-double-triple3-02.jpg.c153fcb16f91b6f730412208a6a07c1e.jpg

I think he has improved a step or two over the original version, but that's not much development in two whole seasons! Still it meant we could get him for £26M (pluf 50% sell on). 

There wasn't much other business, just let a couple of fringe players go and signed some yong players as cover:

Spoiler

single-double-triple3-12.jpg.4d665c304b9a3429b3ae1fcf1aa932a0.jpgsingle-double-triple3-13.jpg.a9ab7ed2ad4cb18b5883a79b07958e07.jpg

I used the following formation, which is basically my season 2 tactics, with one CM moved up front.  

image.png.87c873c2bd7737ae288dbc5848be1514.png

My original TT tactic had two IWBs with two Ws in front of them and only 1 in CM. This one sacrafices the left W in favour of having two in central midefield. It's hard to tell, but this feels like it's almost as attacking, but more stable defensively. 

It resulted in more goals than the two up front tactic from last season (162 vs 153), and we finally hit our stride and won everything, but it's hard to tell how much of that is down to the tactic and how much down to us having a Sh1t H0t team now.

single-double-triple3-11.jpg.880f2527ccda3576d44e7461181bce28.jpg

Had a few injuries - Koita missed a couple of weeks in the off season, then a month during the season, Pellegri missed 10 days, and Esposito missed a couple of days:

Spoiler

single-double-triple3-01.jpg.170ab3aa435ecc9d4a5a0c35b067ec4d.jpg

single-double-triple3-04.jpg.73972f0563fa6ef250a627f5f3eb3855.jpg

single-double-triple3-05.jpg.5f3794998447e9eca247834ca1ade451.jpg

single-double-triple3-07.jpg.3d5d7e74d1ad17566016c8147806f7d7.jpg

Here's what the lads looked like at the end of the year:

single-double-triple3-16.jpg.3d3fe41bb1db616a758d032a7bc0b110.jpg

single-double-triple3-18.jpg.b85c9261c6b30d0baa047d08f920322a.jpg

single-double-triple3-20.jpg.c489c9d47b2cf9e4df48fcfada1779c8.jpg

Esposito has developed  very nicely, and Koita and Pellegri are world class. 

Did they score? You bet they did! 

single-double-triple3-17.jpg.effc108f36cf5f4131f131ff6e89cd9d.jpg

single-double-triple3-19.jpg.f429aaee4f320dd5b71806c418c15e7e.jpg

single-double-triple3-21.jpg.ce231a72dcb8e9faa8e9bf0c3ea03765.jpg

A great season:

• Koita got 48 goals and 19 assists for 67 points
  • Pellegri got 67 goals and 24 assists for 91 points
  • Esposito got 48 goals and 21 assists for 69 points
  • For a total of 227 points for season 3

Once again the new boy outscored Koita! To be fair, he was playing in the left TM position, which generally gets less goals. Pellegri was on penalties, but still you have to say that he was our dominant forward this year. 

Anyway, that gives us:

• Season 1:  65 Points
  • Season 2: 167 Points
  • Season 3: 227 points

Which adds up to a total of 459 points. I'm happy with that!

This was very enjoyable, especially as you need different tactics from season to season. but it's time to head over to FMM21 now.

I'm a little sad because FMM20 has been great and I've been able to power through careers faster than ever. Also, I genuinely like these strikers, but this is likely goodbye to them - Koita is in FMM21 but is distinctly average compared to this version. Pellegri is still pale shadow of this version (maybe slightly stronger than Koita). And even Esposito doesn't appear to be as strong on the new version (still decent, but not as good as in 20). But I guess that's how FMM works...

Anyway, thanks everyone for reading (assuming there is still someone in the FMM20 forum to even see this! :) ).