Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

· Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ian said:

No idea on development but I think once they get to slightly tired/ jaded then they suffer a slight performance loss. I might be wrong but I usually use this page below to work out my rotation and once players get to the slightly tired stage as a few are here I’m then looking to rest them. If it’s a challenger I’ll often still go for it on slightly tired and even jaded if it’s a youngster as they are more prone to suffering that but I’d prefer not to. Just how I play and I’m always keen to see how other approach these things.

A53B9828-FB1C-4093-8B68-60584B733FC6.thumb.png.e5095181db58267ec204e6ad47b18a64.png

I almost never let my players get to that point, and I'll rest them at slightly tired - but personally "Likes Paul Pogba" seems like a much more pressing issue. 

Edit : regarding condition, I am very wary of starting anyone under 98%. That's probably overly cautious, but I also keep a bigger squad so it gives me more excuses to rotate. 

Edited by hhooo

· Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I almost never let my players get to that point, and I'll rest them at slightly tired - but personally "Likes Paul Pogba" seems like a much more pressing issue. 

Edit : regarding condition, I am very wary of starting anyone under 98%. That's probably overly cautious, but I also keep a bigger squad so it gives me more excuses to rotate. 

I just keep that screen on and try to avoid starting players on slightly tired but it happens at times. I know plenty select two elevens and just alternate between the two from game to game which keeps everyone from getting tired but I’ve never been able to get that going and prefer the getting as many first team guys in as possible for as much game time as possible approach. Always interested in how others go about it though as we all play differently.

39 minutes ago, RichD said:

I don’t tend to start anyone under 95% fitness for a game and that’s pushing it, I rather play the 100% players.

Yeah, I try not to start anyone below 92% but that over the last two games seems to be lowering to 90% for some reason but I do still treat the slightly tired/ jaded thing as a different thing as I’d still be very tempted to rest a 92% player who is slightly tired. It’s the risk/ reward thing I suppose.

Edited by Ian

15 minutes ago, WanNguyen said:

How to solve this problem everyone?

IMG_20210103_094249.jpg

Find your problem players (low traits on the personality page) and if they are influential (captain, team leader, influential, or popular) then sell them. If they are young, find them a mentor with better a personality to help them.

50 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Find your problem players (low traits on the personality page) and if they are influential (captain, team leader, influential, or popular) then sell them. If they are young, find them a mentor with better a personality to help them.

If like that...I must to sell

E. Garcia

Borrowski

Serrano

Is it correct mate?

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-03-14-096_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-03-00-608_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-02-53-426_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-02-32-881_com.sega.score.jpg

6 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

My player doesn't develop in the matches anymore.. Does not reach their full potential and his development not plateaued.. 

Any thoughts about that??Screenshot_2021-01-02-19-38-53-267_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3858a258c1658b3bca4607fe20dda048.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-02-19-39-06-354_com.sega.score.jpg

So... If he's not getting any points after a good match, and he's not temporarily plateued due to his age (ie it says that in the training screen), and he doesn't have the "Needs to play at a higher level" message... then he's probably maxed out. 

With most players it will tell you they've peaked and you'll get the orange bar, but sometimes young players don't get that - all they get is 0 points after every game. I think it's intentional because it in real life no-one would ever say an 18 year-old has maxed out... So even if they have maxed out, the game's not going to tell you. 

At least that's what was happening last year when I was testing my app. I haven't checked it out this year, but I'd be really surprised if it had changed. Unfortunately there's no real way to confirm it (apart from a scouting app). 

Worth pointing out that sometimes players get free birthday updates and they can improve from mentoring, neither of which use any PA, so probably should still happen even if the player is maxed out. So you might get a little improvement, but probably not much unfortunately.

3 hours ago, WanNguyen said:

If like that...I must to sell

E. Garcia

Borrowski

Serrano

Is it correct mate?

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-03-14-096_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-03-00-608_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-02-53-426_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-03-13-02-32-881_com.sega.score.jpg

Yes, those three would be your problem players. Make sure to also check player happiness and see who is listed as 'popular' or 'very popular' and what effect they may have. But that club culture is really bad! I've never seen one like that before, even in the lower leagues.

What with the addition of set piece editing, it is really, really, really winding me up that you can’t save more than four tactics now. Not being able to save set piece variants of the same formation is abhorrent. 

On 02/01/2021 at 07:33, hhooo said:

If you put that player in as GK, they have a set of keeper stats, yes. It would be interesting to know if that affects attacking output, but I doubt it. 

Ah, I see. I think your explanation is likely 

So we all seem to be having trouble with certain players not coming after being told they would be interested, well this interesting, I had a player I wanted, had a bid accepted, he didn’t want to come, I then sold one player who played in his position and he came, this was in a space of a week, I did think earlier on I thought maybe it’s because of competition they don’t want to come, not sure if it’s actually connected but it makes sense. 

This is more real-world than FM but has anyone else wondered if Benjamin Agüero Maradona plays soccer? His father is Sergio and his mother is Giannina Maradona, Diego’s daughter. Talk about genes, holy smokes.

6 hours ago, RichD said:

So we all seem to be having trouble with certain players not coming after being told they would be interested, well this interesting, I had a player I wanted, had a bid accepted, he didn’t want to come, I then sold one player who played in his position and he came, this was in a space of a week, I did think earlier on I thought maybe it’s because of competition they don’t want to come, not sure if it’s actually connected but it makes sense. 

Interesting. I wonder if they'll come if you demote some players to the reserves for a bit...

Has anyone found an airtight way to stop conceding that prototypical FM goal from goal kicks? The keeper tries to lump the ball onto the head of your 'playmaker' (obviously never going to win a header), and then the header becomes a 60 yard through ball for their striker to roll home? 

Initially, I thought that the defenders coming back to receive short goal kicks would help this, but since the midfield doesn't drop back, it effectively creates the same situation, where the keeper passed to a defender, who gets surrounded immediately, then has to lump it long, lose the header, and they're through on goal. 

Anyone have any ideas for how to get a keeper to stop making these boneheaded passes? Setting the distribution to short, long, mixed, doesn't change much, since 'long' in their mind is the center circle. Playing different mentalities doesn't change much for the positioning from goal kicks, and I'm not sure what else to try. 

This happens far less often this year so far, but I think that's largely due to my selection of keepers with high kicking, passing and decisions, not a change in the AI. But when it does happen, I get flashbacks to old FM editions (10-12) where this happened almost every single game and get irrationally angry.

Anyway, thanks for listening. If anyone else has the same pet peeve or a 100% solution to it, I'd love to hear from you. 

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Has anyone found an airtight way to stop conceding that prototypical FM goal from goal kicks? The keeper tries to lump the ball onto the head of your 'playmaker' (obviously never going to win a header), and then the header becomes a 60 yard through ball for their striker to roll home? 

Initially, I thought that the defenders coming back to receive short goal kicks would help this, but since the midfield doesn't drop back, it effectively creates the same situation, where the keeper passed to a defender, who gets surrounded immediately, then has to lump it long, lose the header, and they're through on goal. 

Anyone have any ideas for how to get a keeper to stop making these boneheaded passes? Setting the distribution to short, long, mixed, doesn't change much, since 'long' in their mind is the center circle. Playing different mentalities doesn't change much for the positioning from goal kicks, and I'm not sure what else to try. 

This happens far less often this year so far, but I think that's largely due to my selection of keepers with high kicking, passing and decisions, not a change in the AI. But when it does happen, I get flashbacks to old FM editions (10-12) where this happened almost every single game and get irrationally angry.

Anyway, thanks for listening. If anyone else has the same pet peeve or a 100% solution to it, I'd love to hear from you. 

I didn’t get much of these tbh. I tend to have a sweeper or libero so that it’ll give extra cover during counter attacks. Not sure if anything else would help.

6 hours ago, hhooo said:

I made a thread about this called goalkeeper Distribution..

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/45921-goalkeeper-distribution/?tab=comments#comment-428316

Nobody else seemed to have the issue, but I certainly do. 3 defenders standing right next to the goalkeeper.. he ignores them as punts it straight at the opposition. Concede quite a few goals like this.

A problem I found with player personalities is that often when you set a player with a better personality to mentor a young player with a bad one, they often end up disliking the player, which ends up making everything worse, which stopped me from trying it. Has anyone else had this or have a solution?

Also speaking of bad club cultures, I think mine was four f's and a c at one point 😬

Quick question, if your at a low league club (For me Braintree in VNL) does asking the board for an affiliate club give you a feeder club, or make you a feeder club?

17 minutes ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

Quick question, if your at a low league club (For me Braintree in VNL) does asking the board for an affiliate club give you a feeder club, or make you a feeder club?

You cannot become a feeder club, but in weaker leagues it's very likely you won't be able to find a feeder club. 

Would someone please explain differences between Advanced Playmaker(The AMC version) and Attacking Midfielder, as well as the differences between IF and IW. Thx.

4 minutes ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

Would someone please explain differences between Advanced Playmaker(The AMC version) and Attacking Midfielder, as well as the differences between IF and IW. Thx.

The IW will look to cross a lot more than the IF, he cuts in but looks for the pass/cross, whilst the inside forward will look to shoot.

With the AP and AM, I’m not 100% sure, I’ve never actually use AM, as I’ve never found them very effective.

The AM will do a lot more defensive work than the T or the AP, and will stay in position a lot more, rather than make forward runs all the time and hang out in the box like the SS.