Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

I think it would depend on the role you want him to play as a TM or pressing forward are  going to need a good bit of aggression due to them being very physical roles. It might not be as important if he’s played as a P or AF though but perhaps he might be a bit timid 🤷‍♂️

A poacher is going to want it to chase down loose passes and pounce on poor first touches as well. AF, T, DLF are the ones that can get away without it in my experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This f***ing game really pisses me off at times. I had won all 37 premier league games. It was going to be my first season in so long of winning all games. Then the final game I play shitty Norwich. I use my all powerful A team and this happens...

332064110_Screenshot_20210405-155650_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.b21aecdc916e65f54d0df7b507900331.jpg

Final league table

257532676_Screenshot_20210405-155704_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.73cce94d78694652f7e3d51bbad5a3b3.jpg

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhooo said:

A poacher is going to want it to chase down loose passes and pounce on poor first touches as well.

To an extent but that’s not really what a poacher is as they are much more of the goal hanger who’s only real contribution is to get on the end of balls and score goals. What you are describing there at least to me is the Vardy role of a few years ago which was much more of a pressing forward/poacher hybrid.

This in part is the trouble with the whole role system in the game though because it pigeon holes players to do certain things. If we had more individual player instructions we could create roles ourselves so we could create a player like Vardy who is both a poacher and a pressing forward. The only real way we have control now is through players attributes but the roles the game has hard coded is still going to restrict what a player does to a certain extent which is a real shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

To an extent but that’s not really what a poacher is as they are much more of the goal hanger who’s only real contribution is to get on the end of balls and score goals. What you are describing there at least to me is the Vardy role of a few years ago which was much more of a pressing forward/poacher hybrid.

This in part is the trouble with the whole role system in the game though because it pigeon holes players to do certain things. If we had more individual player instructions we could create roles ourselves so we could create a player like Vardy who is both a poacher and a pressing forward. The only real way we have control now is through players attributes but the roles the game has hard coded is still going to restrict what a player does to a certain extent which is a real shame.

Hmm. I don't use PFs very often because I find so much overlap between them and poachers, but that could be because I specifically look for high aggression strikers to play that role. I understand the theoretical difference between the roles, but a P with 15+ aggro will do the same job and then some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Hmm. I don't use PFs very often because I find so much overlap between them and poachers, but that could be because I specifically look for high aggression strikers to play that role. I understand the theoretical difference between the roles, but a P with 15+ aggro will do the same job and then some. 

I’m enjoying these convos on this. One thing I have tended to do depending on player, is not close down all over if I have a striker with either poor stamina or aggression. Anyone else do that? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
· Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m enjoying these convos on this. One thing I have tended to do depending on player, is not close down all over if I have a striker with either poor stamina or aggression. Anyone else do that? 🤔

I don't even look at outfield players with less than 13 stamina usually. I filter every search with a minimum decisions, pace, stamina, and teamwork value around 10-13 based on the age bracket I'm searching for. 

I'm also not liking 'own half' closing down, it's either sit deep or full whack this year, and pressing effectiveness heavily depends on team dynamics. 

🙃span

Edited by hhooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hhooo said:

And God forbid you reposition a player mid match, it tanks your entire set piece catalog. 

Oh don't, that really winds me up!  I think that is why the opposition never changes formation mid match either!

There are some players you can move without messing up, but you sort of need to trail and error it in between matches by messing around in the tactics screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this gets fixed at some stage. In the youth team and hasn't played a first team game but won't accept less than £66k a week to re-sign with the club.

Absolutely ridiculous and not even close to a realistic scenario.

lgxwHOF.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just read an article lads, Federico Macheda is still only TWENTY-NINE!

Challenge Incoming?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DLC said:

I've just read an article lads, Federico Macheda is still only TWENTY-NINE!

Challenge Incoming?! 

Is he on the game? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is according to you guys the best lone striker role? I play with 2 IF and in central midfield  a RP and AP. Is poacher the best way to go or another role? I have ticked in final third through balls and shoot on sight, with a slow tempo and expressive freedom in a narrow width. Currently using Vardy as an AF but not really satisfied with it. What do guys think and reckon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gerrit87 said:

What is according to you guys the best lone striker role? I play with 2 IF and in central midfield  a RP and AP. Is poacher the best way to go or another role? I have ticked in final third through balls and shoot on sight, with a slow tempo and expressive freedom in a narrow width. Currently using Vardy as an AF but not really satisfied with it. What do guys think and reckon?

I like an AF if I can fit one to the way I want to play.

Having a forward score and create is always really helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I really hope this gets fixed at some stage. In the youth team and hasn't played a first team game but won't accept less than £66k a week to re-sign with the club.

Absolutely ridiculous and not even close to a realistic scenario.

lgxwHOF.png

I've only ever had that with a reserve player while he is on loan at another club (and I guess the game is incorrectly using his role at that club in negotiations). I normally let them come back from loan first and then offer them a contract and they are happy with hot prospect etc then. Or better yet, I give them a new contract before I even offer them out on loan.

If you're getting that for players sitting in the Reserves who aren't out on loan - then that's wild! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I like an AF if I can fit one to the way I want to play.

Having a forward score and create is always really helpful.

And how do you get him to score and create? Creating is what Vardy misses in my game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
· Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gerrit87 said:

And how do you get him to score and create? Creating is what Vardy misses in my game

AF role, Slow tempo, run at defense, expressive creative freedom. Paired with another striker a decent af on these settings will get lots of assists. 

Edited by hhooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I like an AF if I can fit one to the way I want to play.

Having a forward score and create is always really helpful.

I made a help topic about it (how can i let Vardy excel) with my formation and settings although i already tweaked them and i’ve won the league in the first season and even bought Mikey Johnston. But im not satisfied with how Vardy’s contribute to it. If you could/would have a look at it i would appreciate it a lot:). 

 

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

AF role, Slow tempo, run at defense, expressive creative freedom. Paired with another striker a decent af on these settings will get lots of assists. 

Great!! thanks!  but i use him as a lone striker in a 41221 formation. I already dropped work in to box to shoot on sight that helped never thought about the run in defence, gonna try it for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerrit87 said:

Mikey Johnston

Wise move. I love you 😂

You can try to use a DLF or TM with high teamwork next to him and an AP behind in the AMC position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys do to stop your career becoming boring. I have played 5 seasons and my squad is fantastic. I'm more or less winning everything every year and I don't see the point of playing the next season now, but I don't want to quit. Do you guys just carry on regardless or just join another club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Wise move. I love you 😂

You can try to use a DLF or TM with high teamwork next to him and an AP behind in the AMC position 

😂 i even have Daniel Surridge cause you said he was brilliant:). I was thinking of that but then i need to change my formation again, and i my opinion Leicester is on their best with one striker cause you dont have much other options in the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DutchTony said:

What do you guys do to stop your career becoming boring. I have played 5 seasons and my squad is fantastic. I'm more or less winning everything every year and I don't see the point of playing the next season now, but I don't want to quit. Do you guys just carry on regardless or just join another club?

Do challenges, regular careers are boring without weird limitations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gerrit87 said:

😂 i even have Daniel Surridge cause you said he was brilliant:). I was thinking of that but then i need to change my formation again, and i my opinion Leicester is on their best with one striker cause you dont have much other options in the start

Haha yeah, Surridge is brilliant. Playing 2 striekrs might help Vardy especially when he’s already 30+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Haha yeah, Surridge is brilliant. Playing 2 striekrs might help Vardy especially when he’s already 30+

Okay thanks gonna try that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Haha yeah, Surridge is brilliant. Playing 2 striekrs might help Vardy especially when he’s already 30+

But if i play with 2 strikers i got to drop mikey and your love is over quickly😋😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am playing a second leg in Europa League Play-off. In the first game I lost 2-0 with both goals scored through opposition exploiting a gap between my central defenders. My team has a balanced width(though I mostly attack using wingers, with early crosses enabled - it works though so I didn't bother changing it), my defence is as follows: inverted wing back - no nonsence centre-back - central defender - inverted wing back, there's also a ball winning midfielder in front of them.

Should I change width to narrow before the second leg? Or perhaps should I play it wide and count that in attack I will have more space? 

Also:  I am playing with fast tempo, yet my team mentality is balanced. Is it ok, or does it contradict each other? I am cautious with changing my tactics, since I won the title in the first season with a team that in 19/20 narrowly avoided relegation(so apparently it works).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sinuhe.t said:

I am playing a second leg in Europa League Play-off. In the first game I lost 2-0 with both goals scored through opposition exploiting a gap between my central defenders. My team has a balanced width(though I mostly attack using wingers, with early crosses enabled - it works though so I didn't bother changing it), my defence is as follows: inverted wing back - no nonsence centre-back - central defender - inverted wing back, there's also a ball winning midfielder in front of them.

Should I change width to narrow before the second leg? Or perhaps should I play it wide and count that in attack I will have more space? 

Also:  I am playing with fast tempo, yet my team mentality is balanced. Is it ok, or does it contradict each other? I am cautious with changing my tactics, since I won the title in the first season with a team that in 19/20 narrowly avoided relegation(so apparently it works).

Narrow width could help, but a better solution would be changing the BWM to a DM or Anchor. That player will be more positionally disciplined and protect the space better. BWMs will chase the ball and close down far more. A slower tempo will help avoid cheap turnovers as well, but there is nothing wrong with a balanced or even defensive mentality with a fast tempo. 

 

Tempo is how fast you move the ball up the field, mentality is how far forward your players position themselves, and how often they look to shoot vs pass etc. If you only want or only trust your strikers to score, a low mentality and fast tempo can be good, so that your midfielders don't push up too high and take the shots instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

It was deleted because Nguyen asked for it. He had his own personal reason.

Some people are being unbearable, that was the personal reason. If one stayed long enough before that article's deletion, they'll know why.

But aside from that, I was actually trying to create a new one a few days ago, but sadly don't really know where to start. Considering what happened last time, I don't know if I should begin with explaining fundamental stuff first (like Little Endian, person's specific data entries, etc.) or just go with the usual post-by-post help with a a specific goal in mind (like managing national team, change stadium, etc.).

Database and savefiles editing this year was not easy, but there were some good stuff I found (with some help from @Scratch), like loan manipulation, history editing, etc. Too bad I didn't have that much time and passion to write all that down, but I'm still willing to help people (providing that they are reasonable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gerrit87 said:

But if i play with 2 strikers i got to drop mikey and your love is over quickly😋😂

Haha 😂😂

He’s very versatile. I often got him to end up as backup to my left wing or playmaker. Sometimes I use him as backup to my striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×