Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

Chat FMM21 General Discussion

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

I got Unuvar to 2K goals in FMM20 with a Defensive tactic! 😄

From what I can't tell, the Defensive mentality keeps players further back down the pitch, which often leads to less chances than a more attacking tactic -, but it doesn't mean they don't try to attack at all and if your team is really good they will still score quite a lot of goals.

And sometimess, if everyone is piling forward using Overload or even Attacking, it's easier for the opposition to close you down. Whereas if you're sitting deeper, you'll have more space and actually will actually get more shots...

EDIT: That said, my current super attacking tactic gets twice as many shots and twice as many goals as my defensive one (although there are some oppositions tactics it gets bogged down against). 

I guess defensive helped isolate Unuvar?

Why is playing away so different to playing at home?? Doesn't really matter who I'm playing, the other team play so much better at home and score soooo many more goals when they play at home. I know real life blah blah but jesus christ!!

2 hours ago, Rob said:

It also means your midfielders will shoot less often. Defensive or counter is better for funneling goals through a single player in my experience. 

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

Why is playing away so different to playing at home?? Doesn't really matter who I'm playing, the other team play so much better at home and score soooo many more goals when they play at home. I know real life blah blah but jesus christ!!

Maybe the tactic they have is counter to your tactic. Thats why I change mentality depends on opponent

52 minutes ago, hhooo said:

It also means your midfielders will shoot less often. Defensive or counter is better for funneling goals through a single player in my experience. 

I used defensive Nearly throughout my whole Ryan Edmonson  1k challenge last year and it defo gave him a massive amount of goals. It was a bit boring though at times 😂

53 minutes ago, Cold said:

Maybe the tactic they have is counter to your tactic. Thats why I change mentality depends on opponent

Impressive I never look at the scout report or change mentality every game

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah, somewhere beteen 66% and 75% of the shots went to him. And also, it pushed play to the wings (because the WBs didn't get forward, so just passed to the CM, who didn't get forward, so just passed to the Ws) and it lead to mega crosses for the Ws. 1.2K assists for Vignato for eg... It all just worked. Nowhere near as many shots or goals as I'm getting now, but laser focused on the one player. Very relieant on great crossing and aerial though...

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Yep, +1 to that too.

34 minutes ago, RichD said:

I used defensive Nearly throughout my whole Ryan Edmonson  1k challenge last year and it defo gave him a massive amount of goals. It was a bit boring though at times 😂

That's my problem going back to it now, too much fun with more attacking tactics!

I don't check every post on here so it might have been mentioned before.

Is the AI smart enough to use 2 players marking one attacker at corners. I'm struggling to pick a team and player for my 1kc attempt so I've tried quite a few different combinations as a test. Nearly every time, about half way through the first season its as if the game picks up on my corner tactic and marks my main goal threat with two players. I've tried loading more bodies in the box to free him up but they seem to leave players free to concentrate on my one main player. 😕 Saying all that, I'm still scoring regularly. Maybe not as many as I could be but it's just something I've noticed.

Just now, Dai_ said:

Is the AI smart enough to use 2 players marking one attacker at corners. I'm struggling to pick a team and player for my 1kc attempt so I've tried quite a few different combinations as a test. Nearly every time, about half way through the first season its as if the game picks up on my corner tactic and marks my main goal threat with two players. I've tried loading more bodies in the box to free him up but they seem to leave players free to concentrate on my one main player. 😕 Saying all that, I'm still scoring regularly. Maybe not as many as I could be but it's just something I've noticed.

Have you tried to put one guy marking the keeper? I found that very effective 

5 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Have you tried to put one guy marking the keeper? I found that very effective 

I've tried all sorts. They do it 75% of the corners I have. No getting around it. As I say, I still get goals but I was wondering if any of you fine fellows had noticed it happening? 

To be honest I haven’t looked too much in to corners, which I should! But what I do is have two on attack near post, two attack far post, one mark keeper, one lurk and one attack the edge of the area. I get a few goals from corners but not from one specific player. When I do try a 1k I will have to look in to it properly!

13 minutes ago, RichD said:

To be honest I haven’t looked too much in to corners, which I should! But what I do is have two on attack near post, two attack far post, one mark keeper, one lurk and one attack the edge of the area. I get a few goals from corners but not from one specific player. When I do try a 1k I will have to look in to it properly!

Aaaha! It's a when you try a 1kc, not IF! 😉

37 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Yes, the AI will double up on solitary players at a post, or put a 3v2 of you have two there. The more central areas they usually only mark 1v1, but there's no way to reliably hit the ball there. An inswinger to the far post can be attacked by the far post or the players on mark keeper though, especially if they have high aggression. 

The worst is edge of the area, totally useless floated nonsense. Short has also been very tough to generate results from. 

Don't you hate when...

You only have 3 players who can play RB and they are all out injured at the same time:

image.thumb.png.c11ed395a346977fad577849584eb36d.png

One of those is a 12 month injury too. The others have 3 weeks left, so I guess I'm changing formation for 3 weeks. The transfer window is open and I had about 30M to spend, but it's vanished somehow (down to 105K now). No holidaying or renewing contracts, just there last time I looked and gone when I need it...

EDIT: Actually the window is still closed for 19 days in China, got confused because the rest of the world is busing doing business according to my inbox...

Edited by Scratch

23 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Don't you hate when...

You only have 3 players who can play RB and they are all out injured at the same time:

image.thumb.png.c11ed395a346977fad577849584eb36d.png

One of those is a 12 month injury too. The others have 3 weeks left, so I guess I'm changing formation for 3 weeks. The transfer window is open and I had about 30M to spend, but it's vanished somehow (down to 105K now). No holidaying or renewing contracts, just there last time I looked and gone when I need it...

EDIT: Actually the window is still closed for 19 days in China, got confused because the rest of the world is busing doing business according to my inbox...

I’ve had a few 12 month injuries lately! Never ever had them before if I remember correctly.

Maybe as you don’t speak Chinese they asked you if you needed it and you got confused and said no? And poof goes the money.

Chinese companies have debt collectors that mess with the finances every few seasons as well. Helps keep things interesting. 

8 hours ago, RichD said:

I’ve had a few 12 month injuries lately! Never ever had them before if I remember correctly.

Maybe as you don’t speak Chinese they asked you if you needed it and you got confused and said no? And poof goes the money.

我会说一点普通话

But only a tiny bit... Not well enough to not lose 30M I guess...

I have seen people complaining about something similar on the SIGames site, so maybe it's a bug. Or maybe I made a transfer after seeing the 30M that I forgot about... Who knows...

16 hours ago, RichD said:

Yes, Just lost my new starting RB for 13 months too

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

我会说一点普通话

But only a tiny bit... Not well enough to not lose 30M I guess...

I have seen people complaining about something similar on the SIGames site, so maybe it's a bug. Or maybe I made a transfer after seeing the 30M that I forgot about... Who knows...

Yeah that sounds a bug to me!

Also you didn’t post in here was in the record store about players joining that weren’t down as interested. I’ve never mentioned before but I never have that ticked, I always search by wages, so if I know my club can offer 70k a week or so, I’ll just make sure I don’t search for players with wages more than that or around that. It always seems to work for me. 

3 hours ago, RichD said:

Yeah that sounds a bug to me!

Also you didn’t post in here was in the record store about players joining that weren’t down as interested. I’ve never mentioned before but I never have that ticked, I always search by wages, so if I know my club can offer 70k a week or so, I’ll just make sure I don’t search for players with wages more than that or around that. It always seems to work for me. 

Good tip. I used to do that, but gave it up a year or two ago when noone would sign for me. But it's sure worth trying at the moment... I may or may not have started another Beijing save just to see how the TT Blaster goes, and if I did, I may have signed both Pellegri and Esposito this time (and I still have 50M burning a hole in my pocket)... It seems it's all about the money - if you can pay them enough, they'll come...

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Good tip. I used to do that, but gave it up a year or two ago when noone would sign for me. But it's sure worth trying at the moment... I may or may not have started another Beijing save just to see how the TT Blaster goes, and if I did, I may have signed both Pellegri and Esposito this time (and I still have 50M burning a hole in my pocket)... It seems it's all about the money - if you can pay them enough, they'll come...

Yeah getting them whilst there young isn’t too bad, for me it’s the keeping them as they start to want massive wages, I had to start winning champions league just so my wage budget would go up with Celtic. I’m looking forward to getting back to that now 😁

54 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hop on over to my CC save, Esposito has played 39 total first team games for Inter in 9 years, and has spent most of the last three seasons on loan in Bulgaria! 

I love Esposito, him and Haaland getting over a 1,000 goals last year on my DT and he’s now on course for another 1,000 in my TT. Hate seeing the careers where he doesnt get played. Hoping to use him for at least another year in challenges 😂

Hey guys!

Is there any way to change FC Vaduz's flag from Switzerland to Liechtenstein as the team is from that nation? I know they play in the Swiss league system but they always qualify to the Europa League as the winners of the Liechtenstein Cup.

Maybe by editing changes.txt? Or changing the team's league?

It's a minor thing but I'd rather have the team bearing the proper flag in the Europa League and such.

Cheers!