Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career FMM Lab #1: Green Lantern (Kevin O'Connor Challenge)

back.jpg.bd8bb213faa4fc992e17cd3d06ebbd3d.jpg

Welcome to my weird, maybe idiotic, saga of FMM Laboratory... Lab is more or less the right naming, I always find myself in a position to ask: what if... It will work... It is possible to? Most of the times just idiotic questions but I want to see the answer so Lab #1: can you make a player have bright green on all positions? If yes, what is the best approach?

Background: Retraining my players is one thing that I always do, and love. Around 80-85% of my players get at least one retrain, for different reasons. Some players hate it and some love it. I had a player (Ashley Smith-Brown) who was dark green on Right WB and he refused to take the retraining and also had one (Pedri) who loved to get retrain and end up having light green on ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR and FC.

Mothodology: I will sign 3 players with a lot of available positions (at least dark red), max 18-19 years old, hopefully wonder kids (or at least from the Scouting Agency Youth List) as they respond better to training and they can improve many years, some until they get even at 25 years old. 
Each player will train different:
Player 1: will start with his weakest position (dark red or inexistent) and train on that until he gets light green. Then will get over again from the weakest position. 
Player 2: will start exactly the same as player one but will train until that position is no longer the weakest. He will switch position to get the training always on his weakest position. 
Player 3: will start the training on his most advanced position (dark green) and will stay there until light green, after that will switch position to the next one, the most advanced. 

I already chosen my club and later today I will come up with the players choice, the Green Lantern trainee who they will fight for... guess the club!

703413680_14341(1).thumb.jpg.c7c5370647fb7c731b0dcc776d643652.jpg

P.S. Some of these FMM Labs will be tied with different challenges to make my life more enjoyable. This one will be tied with @Mr Tree Kevin O'Connor Challenge.

See you later! 

I like the idea, I'm interested to see how it will work. I can see it going ok for some players, but others getting to a certain point and not be willing/able to get any better in that new position.

The team is; Real Betis, took me a while to remember who played in green in La Liga

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

I like the idea, I'm interested to see how it will work. I can see it going ok for some players, but others getting to a certain point and not be willing/able to get any better in that new position.

The team is; Real Betis, took me a while to remember who played in green in La Liga

Yes, Real "not Betis in the game" Hispalis 😂

My problem is not the players who will not get better but the players that will refuse to retrain. 

Right, this image of yourself is creepy as f#@k, you look like Anthony Perkins in 60's movie Psycho!

Screenshot_20201124_100944_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.9af7df48d53d69c94e3f359eacb2c495.jpg

Anyway, I had to load few leagues (Argentina, Belgium, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, France and Mexico) separately to check the Youth Rankings list from Scouting Agency and I had a shortlist of around 20 players and in the end I have 3 lucky winners.

1. Kenneth Taylor, 18 years old from Ajax. Price: 15.25M euros

He will get the retraining on his weakest position and stay there until he becomes light green. First stop: FB (Left Wing Back)

Screenshot_20201124_100849_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.259a5253e1d5944fca5c3231ec9f0a66.jpg

2. Ander Barrentxea, 18 years old from Real San Sebastian. Price 28.5M euros plus a player worth 18M. I had to start the game 4 times to convince him to sign...

He will start the retraining on his weakest position and change it after that position is no longer the weakest. So he will change every time. First stop: Central Defender (BPD) 

Screenshot_20201124_100841_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8eaaf460a1f6809c9ed300c2f86fa520.jpg

3. Youri Regeer, just got his 17th birthday, transferred from Ajax. Price1.8M euros plus a player valued at 15M.

He will retrain on his most advanced position and stay there until he gets it to light green, Then he will move to the next most advanced. First stop: Central Defender (BPD) 

Screenshot_20201124_100854_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8cd2d156d6ee11d204677592f103d854.jpg

With the new features in the game, tactical and squad dynamics, I've spent around 3 hours in the game until my first match but I hope it will go smoothly from now.

Rather than posting season resume I will post smaller updates when one of the boys will change the retraining.

As for the Kevin O'Connor Challenge, I will keep all in the challenge and hope that they will retrain properly to get:

• When the challenge ends, your player must have at least bright yellow in these positions: FC, MR (or AMR), MC, DR (or WBR) and DC.
  • Alternatively, you can go FC, ML (or AML), MC, DL (or WBL) and DC.

See you soon!

Edited by George Traistă

Abort Mission! 

I'm in March and none of the 3 players didn't move a bit and they play in the position they get the retrain everymatch. They did improve but no sign of the pasition bubble changing color, not even from dark green to light green.

All other players that got a retrain they completed  at normal pace but they were players who I got with the team so there are 2 options:

1. Is a bug and none of the transfered players won't complete the retrain or

2.  Because they are new it will take awful a lot so I will loose too much time without any progress. 

I will give it another go maybe later after I will find out what was the problem and if it fixable. Too bad as we had a great run, 4th place in La Liga. 

In the mean time, I will start a 30 years career, a journeyman. 

Edited by George Traistă