Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Sweeper Keepers

FMH Skill

Was wondering do people bother using Sweeper Keepers or looking for keepers with good distribution? For me I only really use standard goalkeepers but was wondering if I could gain an edge with a more modern keeper

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

Kicking is the single most important stat I look for in keepers. Pace, aggression, agility, decisions after that for a sweeper. Technique is also helpful, but much harder to come by. 

That’s interesting, have you noticed any significant differences with things like average ratings or more clean sheets with sweeper keepers?

I'm not sure to what extent this holds true in the FMM match engine, but the point of playing with a sweeper keeper is so you don't get exposed when playing a high line/offside trap (think of how vital Alisson/Ederson/Neuer are to their respective teams).

Since I usually play with a high press and offside trap, I always try to play with a sweeper keeper. What's particularly important is their pace attribute, since they'll need to be pretty quick to get to balls over the top. 

14 hours ago, hhooo said:

Yes, I give away far fewer cheap attempts on goal from losing headers of the keeper has good distribution. Something else I try to do is play without any 'playmaker' roles, since keepers will frequently try to put long goal kicks on the playmakers head. (obviously very stupid, since usually they're the shortest person on the pitch, but I don't know how to get them to choose a sensible target) 

Also, if you play someone without the attributes listed, often times on a ball over the top they just shit the bed and come out to no man's land, change their mind, and concede the goal. 

Thanks man that really helped a lot

added 0 minutes later
13 hours ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

I'm not sure to what extent this holds true in the FMM match engine, but the point of playing with a sweeper keeper is so you don't get exposed when playing a high line/offside trap (think of how vital Alisson/Ederson/Neuer are to their respective teams).

Since I usually play with a high press and offside trap, I always try to play with a sweeper keeper. What's particularly important is their pace attribute, since they'll need to be pretty quick to get to balls over the top. 

Yeah good point, do you recommend any more affordable options other than those 2?

32 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

Thanks man that really helped a lot

added 0 minutes later

Yeah good point, do you recommend any more affordable options other than those 2?

Who are you managing and what's your budget? 

7 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

Meant generally for many teams

Off the top of my head, the likes of André Onana, Unai Simón and Aaron Ramsdale are solid and relatively affordable options. 

More generally, you can look at any keeper with good aerial ability, handling, reflexes, throwing and pace.