Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
broodje kip

Tactical Style what are they and do they affect tactic?

So I’ve seen in many tactic posts where people asked about what tactical style did the person use. It seems like many of you guys still haven’t understand this thoroughly so I’ll explain it here.

9315012C-637B-4616-A9CA-019806600FBB.thumb.png.a4b40e17183acbaf9f6634b5cace86d8.png

As you can see in the number 1, it clearly says this is just a template. Which means it’s just an example of how a style of play were set up. Lets take two example. Clean Slate and Vertical Tiki-Taka

E3F6D14F-3BBF-4B6F-9398-DB3DAFA07955.thumb.png.25042cd7de3b52c2b8fd5853f22f5776.png

Clean Slate means that you’ll start with the most basic instructions. It’s either on balanced or the instructions just turned off.

1B7D2151-D1D3-401A-A1E8-151539E458C0.thumb.png.81d2cc78a7e17238008e4e3f78a403b4.png

Meanwhile, Vertical Tiki-Taka are a style to keep possession while playing direct football and a high intensity pressing.

Many of you might have wondered what Proactive and Reactive is right? So it’s quite simple. A Proactive style is for a more dominant teams. They’ll look to keep possession and attack as much as possible and play exciting football. While Reactive is for a less dominant one. They usually have less possession instead they look to exploit the weak spot of the opposition during counter-attack. They also mostly plays a boring Burnley-like football.

Now lets head to the next one, the formation.

B52309C3-3151-4083-9004-A2F1AA0CCF48.thumb.png.78fe9892210c5e6744d26eadf76bf89e.png

Same as the tactical style, the formation means nothing. You can change it anytime. This is just another template.

This is example of me choosing Vertical Tiki-Taka and 5-2-1-2 formation 

F7BEE793-D602-4A05-B959-4FCAE61962BF.thumb.png.5fe5e4269a962e1bea501edc60a8760c.png

64FBE433-D084-4EBB-B880-FABCA4D1FEB5.thumb.png.8371b9990a774ce5f1038efcb9159c13.png

17D1B33B-87D9-4649-B22B-3CF75C0BBB7C.thumb.png.40c81fc7d8243e8ed4c3d6e1c9ced6b8.png

972D9090-C4C4-4295-87BE-9A95EBC46662.thumb.png.e4b9aec687bad97ccfd2fb7755b4feaf.png

Like I’ve said the Vertical Tiki-Taka is a possession based football with high intensity pressing and direct passing.

In conclusion, the tactical style actually doesn’t mean anything other than for you to identify what your favourite setup is called and for new players to get to know the game better.

Edited by broodje kip

17 minutes ago, Jens said:

You applied Tiki-Taka to Kortrijk, how are we to take you seriously on anyhting you have to say? :D 

I got the spirit. Brighton played entertaining football, scored just one less than Man City and conceded less than Liverpool yet they’re still 16th :D 

Good write up. I actually haven't used any of the templates at all! I just used clean slate once and then cancelled out of it the next time. I probably should check out what each of them do to get some ideas.

Actually I saw Marc Vaughan say that he use cautious tackling with a high defensive line and closing down all over, because the last thing you want when your pressing all over the park is for your defender to overcommit and leave you exposed. Better to have them stay on their feet and move back with the attacker.

Had forgotten about that until I saw the screenshot above. Maybe there are other combinations in the templates that are worth exploring.

LOL, you just wrote an article explaining templates are just templates and you don't need to use them and I respond by saying "Oooh, I need to use them".... 🤣

35 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Good write up. I actually haven't used any of the templates at all! I just used clean slate once and then cancelled out of it the next time. I probably should check out what each of them do to get some ideas.

Actually I saw Marc Vaughan say that he use cautious tackling with a high defensive line and closing down all over, because the last thing you want when your pressing all over the park is for your defender to overcommit and leave you exposed. Better to have them stay on their feet and move back with the attacker.

Had forgotten about that until I saw the screenshot above. Maybe there are other combinations in the templates that are worth exploring.

LOL, you just wrote an article explaining templates are just templates and you don't need to use them and I respond by saying "Oooh, I need to use them".... 🤣

27 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I've been using high line, high pressing, cautious tackling most of the time in 21. It's a really good combo and lets your quicker defenders push forwards out wide and show them to their weaker sides. It also gives your sweeper keeper more to do, since there will actually be loose balls to collect instead of set pieces. 

In my Park Ji-Sung challenge I've had a large number of games where I concede 3 or less fouls and shots by using that combo. Just block crosses all day long. 

Interesting one. I’ve been experimenting Catenaccio for a while despite saying the template is worthless 😂

14 minutes ago, Arzii94 said:

After update, when corners changes for a little bit, whats yours best positioning for attackers? 

I put one player with high aerial at near post and another mark keeper. Everyone else edge of the box