Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Set Piece Hints & Tips

Hi, just wondered if anyone had found some successful hints and tips for defending and attacking set pieces?

I'm quite happy with my tactical setup having taken a few formations from here but as the set pieces are new I wondered if anyone had any successful corner and free-kick strategies?

I've had a play about.....and managed to concede several goals from attacking corners having had nobody stayed back 😞

5 hours ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

It seems that targeting the near post at corners with your best heading players, and choosing a near post delivery, is a good strategy. 

I use this one.

I’m not entirely sure about defending corner but put a man In front of the taker sometimes help

The set piece dilemma.

If you "crack the code" on set piece and make it reproducible, the game becomes boring. Everyone will use the same instructions and challenges like the 1K goals will not be challenging anymore. 

Is it for FM Touch 21? Because my FMM21 set pieces setting only able to choose which player to do the set pieces and no other instructions

5 minutes ago, FGotti said:

Is it for FM Touch 21? Because my FMM21 set pieces setting only able to choose which player to do the set pieces and no other instructions

You have to click this at the arrow I pointed 

C77FFC55-1F15-4B55-AC11-B50D6D2697BD.thumb.jpeg.59133943202d105ce599893952cd0a31.jpeg

then click the top-right greyed one to choose corner instructions 

A4E3EBC3-BF8C-4430-914C-27E3FB6762EC.thumb.jpeg.8a9ac589598d76e4cfc90ad9105b5bfd.jpeg

My player with the best aerial attacks the far post, 2 players stay back if needed and everyone else attacks the near post. Far post delivery. Works a treat so far.