Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-1-2 An old friend returns

Schwantz34

This tactic should have won me the league but I was playing around with a PF up front and a RP instead of a BBM for the first few games and as you can see from the early defeats, it didn't work. Once I changed to a poacher the results speak for themselves an there was a trophy won with us taking the FA CUP 🏆. I used a few versions of this tactic in FMM20 for two Shearer Challenge attempts and also used a variation for a tactic test. This setup won't net your striker big numbers so if you're looking for a 1k challenge tactic, it's not for you. If you're looking for a very solid winning tactic then give it a whirl and see how it goes for you. I might still change the forward to a DLF because I think it might suit Rodrigo better, so for season 2 I'll maybe experiment with that but he was decent enough as a poacher.

Here is how the season panned out;

Tactical setup

D1FazDf.png

4X7x2iP.png

X8KU9UH.png

Final table

JCMuxjY.png

86BE4RG.png

dTYPjjT.png

Transfers in

YP4vpvH.png

Transfers out

NgGveA5.png

Results

7gO9nnN.png

2D0YIFC.png

lX8Q8WF.png

CQhl3Gj.png

kKLRv3T.png

5 hours ago, Leroy2108 said:

What was your typical starting line up. Did you play raphinha on the left or right? I’m a Leeds fan myself so interested to see who you played where

Raphinha/Harrison left and Costa/Hernandez right.

22 minutes ago, Leroy2108 said:

Yeah I might try him as a DLF. Will probably suit bamford as well if he plays. Good to see you brought Lewis Cook back to Leeds. How did he play for you? 

Cook was solid and he can operate at BBM or the CM role. Could use him as the AP if absolutely necessary, but his versatility really helps in that central area.

Yep. This. This is the one. First season with PSV, only one league defeat, won the Cup, and got tonthe semi final of europa league.

My poacher scored loads. Only made a couple of loan signings as well.

4 hours ago, 90_shearer said:

Yep. This. This is the one. First season with PSV, only one league defeat, won the Cup, and got tonthe semi final of europa league.

My poacher scored loads. Only made a couple of loan signings as well.

Yeah I'm thinking I should maybe go back to a poacher. Changed to a DLF for the next season just to see the difference, but not sure it's any better. Might give it a few more games then go back to how I had it.

2 hours ago, WanNguyen said:

How about when meet opponent stronger bro? Still set Attacking or else?

Yep. Just like Bielsa I stick to my way.

Working on another version of the tactic. If I can get it ticking I'll post it here.

[Update]

As yet I haven't found a setup better than the first version. Still playing around with it though to see if I hit on something.

[Update]

Playing around with it didn't produce anything worth posting up.

Edited by Schwantz34

About IF position, If you put him at there, couldnt build relationship with other player, is it right bro?

My IF already 3 years played together but still not

020580aac49335cd6c82.jpg

6 hours ago, WanNguyen said:

About IF position, If you put him at there, couldnt build relationship with other player, is it right bro?

My IF already 3 years played together but still not

020580aac49335cd6c82.jpg

You could try playing him one place lower, but he might be less effective.

1 hour ago, WanNguyen said:

I felt my Poacher not so important & much contribute in this formation. Mainly come from Midfield & IF.

Should we consider change Poacher to other roles?

I'm currently using a trequartista which is working well and suits Rodrigo/Gelhardt better. Also trying an IF/IW instead of the AP. That seems to be more effective for Raphinha so far but not tested a full season of that setup yet.

Edited by Schwantz34
On 11/12/2020 at 17:23, Schwantz34 said:

I'm currently using a trequartista which is working well and suits Rodrigo/Gelhardt better. Also trying an IF/IW instead of the AP. That seems to be more effective for Raphinha so far but not tested a full season of that setup yet.

Any update upgrade your tactics mate?

On 11/12/2020 at 10:23, Schwantz34 said:

I switched the AP to an IF in my Forest save and it worked better for me, Lolley/Harrison being my right sided IF's, Mighten on the left as the advanced IF is a beast with Lewis-Potter as back-up.

Did you play your Trequartista in the forward role or in the AM role?

3 hours ago, westyorksnffc said:

I switched the AP to an IF in my Forest save and it worked better for me, Lolley/Harrison being my right sided IF's, Mighten on the left as the advanced IF is a beast with Lewis-Potter as back-up.

Did you play your Trequartista in the forward role or in the AM role?

Trequartista was in the forward role.

5 hours ago, WanNguyen said:

Any update upgrade your tactics mate?

I'm still playing around with it on and off. It depends on your players a fair bit, especially the striker role. Some changes I made haven't worked for others but some have. 

I had a bit more success on overload with mine and the striker being a trequartista. I sometimes go IF on the right and two AP's either side of the CM. I occasionally change the BPD to a CD as well. I think the original might be most effective still but it really does depend on your players, or signing ones to fit.

Edited by Schwantz34

1st game of the first season. No signings, just retrained El Ghazi and Trezeguet to be natural right wing and this was the outcome. I like unusual formations and this is promising from the get-go. Ward-Prowse’s goal was just a free kick as normal. 

F4D7404A-1449-4581-920E-3040E2DFB404.png

Update: Still blowing teams away but yet to keep a clean sheet. Do you think changing to 2 CBs would shore the defence up?

Edited by N3R016
Update
5 hours ago, N3R016 said:

1st game of the first season. No signings, just retrained El Ghazi and Trezeguet to be natural right wing and this was the outcome. I like unusual formations and this is promising from the get-go. Ward-Prowse’s goal was just a free kick as normal. 

F4D7404A-1449-4581-920E-3040E2DFB404.png

Update: Still blowing teams away but yet to keep a clean sheet. Do you think changing to 2 CBs would shore the defence up?

Could try using FB's instead of the WB option. I kept the BPD to help play out, but you could change it though and see if it's any better. Shouldn't take too much away from the tactic functionality.

Glad it's been promising for you so far 👍

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Could try using FB's instead of the WB option. I kept the BPD to help play out, but you could change it though and see if it's any better. Shouldn't take too much away from the tactic functionality.

Glad it's been promising for you so far 👍

Finished my first season. 2nd in the Premier League, Won the Carabao Cup & Fourth Rd exit in the FA Cup (but rested a lot of players) only low point was a 5-1 battering by Liverpool at home early season. Defence seemed to tighten up as the season went on. Will try with FB’s for a season and see how it goes.

Only problem I have now is I don’t know where to put Grealish as he excels at both AP roles and is a potent IF but it’s a nice headache to have. 

20 hours ago, N3R016 said:

Finished my first season. 2nd in the Premier League, Won the Carabao Cup & Fourth Rd exit in the FA Cup (but rested a lot of players) only low point was a 5-1 battering by Liverpool at home early season. Defence seemed to tighten up as the season went on. Will try with FB’s for a season and see how it goes.

Only problem I have now is I don’t know where to put Grealish as he excels at both AP roles and is a potent IF but it’s a nice headache to have. 

Is it the latest version of the game you're using the tactic on? I've not run it for a while because I've been testing other pones, and the save I have it on is a few updates ago now, so I'm wondering how it is on the latest version.

On 29/01/2021 at 14:54, Schwantz34 said:

Is it the latest version of the game you're using the tactic on? I've not run it for a while because I've been testing other pones, and the save I have it on is a few updates ago now, so I'm wondering how it is on the latest version.

Yeah latest version. 2nd season is almost done. Seem to go in a run then lose one. The defeats tend to come from mistakes otherwise I tend to dominate games. 

Also went back to WB instead of FB as they tend to get a fair few assists through the season. 

C3F85EBF-F531-46CB-BE77-CD56366BBFE1.png

829DAA7C-325B-4658-A09E-91B59E715BC8.png

7D22E407-A6D8-4FFE-87CF-2FC0C0CB6D6B.png

BD74FEFA-391C-454A-BE24-4CE548393B2D.png

E9A8C8A4-1B10-428B-AD6D-A698F34927B7.png

2 hours ago, N3R016 said:

Yeah latest version. 2nd season is almost done. Seem to go in a run then lose one. The defeats tend to come from mistakes otherwise I tend to dominate games. 

Also went back to WB instead of FB as they tend to get a fair few assists through the season. 

C3F85EBF-F531-46CB-BE77-CD56366BBFE1.png

829DAA7C-325B-4658-A09E-91B59E715BC8.png

7D22E407-A6D8-4FFE-87CF-2FC0C0CB6D6B.png

BD74FEFA-391C-454A-BE24-4CE548393B2D.png

E9A8C8A4-1B10-428B-AD6D-A698F34927B7.png

Nice! I'll go back to it myself next time I start a non test save.

What kind of players would suit the midfield ?I want to try this tactic with Arsenal and see how it goes but i always get paranoid about the midfield. I know partey fits the bbm role but I'm drawing a blank for AP and CM

6 hours ago, Robert Ss said:

What kind of players would suit the midfield ?I want to try this tactic with Arsenal and see how it goes but i always get paranoid about the midfield. I know partey fits the bbm role but I'm drawing a blank for AP and CM

Never looked at the Arsenal squad so couldn’t say for certain but AP I’ve been rotating Grealish & Barkley (Hourihane if 1 is injured) my CM I use Douglas Luiz (retrained) & Hourihane then usually pick up a signing who can cover various midfield roles (Milner and sometimes I’ll pick up Wilshire). I’ve tried to retrain Nakamba to be a BBM but it just doesn’t seem to stick but luckily McGinn has an absolute engine on him. 

Edited by N3R016
9 hours ago, Robert Ss said:

Ceballos would probably work as the AP. Not sure Arsenal have a good BBM option though, so I'd maybe dip into the transfer market.

Thanks everyone. I'll test things and see how it goes. It's mostly an issue of knowing what kind of players to have in the midfield ( defensive, ballanced, offensive, support ect) 

It's mostly because I don't know enough about football lol

14 hours ago, Robert Ss said:

Thanks everyone. I'll test things and see how it goes. It's mostly an issue of knowing what kind of players to have in the midfield ( defensive, ballanced, offensive, support ect) 

It's mostly because I don't know enough about football lol

Always ask and somebody will know. Good pool of knowledge on here from lots of people.