Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Corners

Woodison

Hi all, not sure if this has been covered yet but I've had a look and couldn't see it. Just started my second season now and I've noticed when I'm chasing the game I get hit on the counter from corners all the time. Is it possible to set an instruction to keep at least one player back near the half way line to stop this? It's frustrating seeing my entire team in the oppositions box and them leaving one or two players near the half way line to hit me for a goal when they clear it. Cheers

30 minutes ago, Woodison said:

Hi all, not sure if this has been covered yet but I've had a look and couldn't see it. Just started my second season now and I've noticed when I'm chasing the game I get hit on the counter from corners all the time. Is it possible to set an instruction to keep at least one player back near the half way line to stop this? It's frustrating seeing my entire team in the oppositions box and them leaving one or two players near the half way line to hit me for a goal when they clear it. Cheers

Exactly what Fox said, my personal preference is to have both wingbacks stay back, as generally they're quick and therefore stand a bit more of chance theoretically with their speed to cover against quick counters, though do make sure whoever is taking your corners isn't a player youve set to stay back because of course if he's taking the corner he isn't going to be on the halfway line where you need him to be

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

This does still happen on occasion even with three players set to stay back. Sometimes the AI will just leave someone in 60 yards of space and double mark the other attacker

Interesting bug that, I havent seen it myself yet, though I very rarely have highlights on, maybe try just one player set to 'Stay Back' and the other one or two set to 'Stay back if needed' this might fix it as the player set to stay back should mark the striker/main threat and the other one or two players should come back if needed, that's if they work like they should 🤷‍♂️

It’s risk versus reward for me so I want more bodies in the box to try and score and then just a couple back to protect for a counter which is rare.

What annoys me though is being unable to edit the routines during a match. On the one hand I might want everyone up looking for a late goal or maybe everyone back if you are defending a lead.

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

It’s risk versus reward for me so I want more bodies in the box to try and score and then just a couple back to protect for a counter which is rare.

What annoys me though is being unable to edit the routines during a match. On the one hand I might want everyone up looking for a late goal or maybe everyone back if you are defending a lead.

Have you noticed if changing mentality affects how many go up for corners? I'm guessing the players follow the set piece instructions to a tee regardless of mentality. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Have you noticed if changing mentality affects how many go up for corners? I'm guessing the players follow the set piece instructions to a tee regardless of mentality. 

I don't know if this is the case, but it would make sense for players on the 'stay back if needed' option to be positioned depending on team mentality (if attacking/overload they go forward; otherwise they stay back).

Yeah so I have logged like 24 hours on the new version already and had not clocked the 'attack' and 'defence' tabs on the bottom on the set piece section! Haha cheers all! 

21 hours ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

I don't know if this is the case, but it would make sense for players on the 'stay back if needed' option to be positioned depending on team mentality (if attacking/overload they go forward; otherwise they stay back).

I think the 'stay back if needed' purely depends on how many the opposition keep forward so say you had one player set to 'stay back' and one player set to 'stay back if needed' and the opposition keep two up top when defending your corner then both of your players should stay back and mark a man each, I think this is how it would happen, though I've never really paid attention to it

18 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I think the 'stay back if needed' purely depends on how many the opposition keep forward so say you had one player set to 'stay back' and one player set to 'stay back if needed' and the opposition keep two up top when defending your corner then both of your players should stay back and mark a man each, I think this is how it would happen, though I've never really paid attention to it

Yeah that could well be the case - I was just speculating so have no idea if I'm right.