Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Attack Instructions??

El Sheim

Hello, I've been playing since 2018 but this year I've noticed that my assumptions about the attacking instructions are all wrong. 

Example, I almost always play with 'through balls' instruction because I love those defence breaking through balls to a poacher (this is what I always do when I played FM PC). But I am yet to see a quality through ball towards the poacher in any of my saves. And then when I tried 'Run at defence', it seemed to generate more through balls then the actual 'through ball' instruction itself.

Plus, I thought AP is supposed to be the assist guy. But each and every AP I've tried keeps shooting instead of passing, even with the 'work ball into box' option on. And they miss 80% of the time. 5 shots, 0 on target, gets a 5 rating. 

Also, I thought 'look for overlap' means the fullback/wingback overlapping on the flank. But turns out that happens only on rare occasions. 

One more thing, I set the GK to pass short but the guy has only 2 passes complete in 15 attempts most of the time. 

If someone has time, please explain to me what all these instructions mean. 

If you can share a link, will also be much appreciated. 

Thank you 

Edited by El Sheim

I try to give my experience about overlap setting.

1. role combination for flank.

WB+IW/AP/IF, not w infront of wb.

2. Team mentality

At least attacking mentality.

Please try these tips.

16 hours ago, rseven said:

I try to give my experience about overlap setting.

1. role combination for flank.

WB+IW/AP/IF, not w infront of wb.

2. Team mentality

At least attacking mentality.

Please try these tips.

But it's an attack instruction, it should work even if the team in playing any mentality or any type of positions. 

added 0 minutes later
15 hours ago, Lav50 said:

GK set on short passing and still completes only few of them is a bug..been there for years

Oh, didn't know that. 

On 03/12/2020 at 08:32, hhooo said:

The one that is the most obviously backwards to me is passing down one flank. If you set passing to one side, then check where the passes are happening, it will be biased towards the flank you specifically told the players not to use. 

The tactic engine is messed up real bad.