Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Want to add player picture on iOS

markoffden

Hi guys, I am new to FMM, and this year's series is the first one for me. I used to play desktop one few years back. I want to add few player faces on my iPhone, I know facepack stuff is banned now on lots of resources, but what I just add needed ones for my team. I searched the web and it looks quite easy, I just need to add them via iTunes to app folder. But it does not work for me. I have reinstalled game and reloaded the skin, but no luck. My best guess is that I have:

1. Wrong file structure, which is Pictures/Players/{player id}.png

2. File format, which is .png same as for PC version

3. File size, which is same as PC (but I tried small ones and they don't work either)

My question is what are requirements for such images, maybe particular resolution, file size, naming or folder structure? Is there any info about that?

14 hours ago, markoffden said:

Hi guys, I am new to FMM, and this year's series is the first one for me. I used to play desktop one few years back. I want to add few player faces on my iPhone, I know facepack stuff is banned now on lots of resources, but what I just add needed ones for my team. I searched the web and it looks quite easy, I just need to add them via iTunes to app folder. But it does not work for me. I have reinstalled game and reloaded the skin, but no luck. My best guess is that I have:

1. Wrong file structure, which is Pictures/Players/{player id}.png

2. File format, which is .png same as for PC version

3. File size, which is same as PC (but I tried small ones and they don't work either)

My question is what are requirements for such images, maybe particular resolution, file size, naming or folder structure? Is there any info about that?

1. on iOS, the path of graphics folders (kits, logos, faces) are: Pictures/kits or Pictures/logos, with faces, you must rename players to person to make player faces effective, then the name of faces pack should be like this: Pictures/Person/

2. file format is the same as for PC version (both {player id}.png and config.xml)

3. You can use kits, logos, faces pack for both PC or Mobile (Android, iOS) with no problem

Edited by minhnt85
1 minute ago, minhnt85 said:

Yes, config.xml file (for kits, logos, faces) is the same as for PC version

Thanks! Can you post an example of config.xml what the path should be for faces config.xml? As I said I don't use facepack adding just few players pictures of my own, so I even don't have access to it's internal file structure. 

Heres what I have from last year

Pictures>Players>Normal> then 2 folders Default & Megapack 

Default > Male & Female both folders have config.xml file with 5-6 png pictures. 

Megapack > has player pics as # .png files and also a config.xml file

Edited by DIRECTFX

So guys I solved this. I used a tool FMXML to generate the config.xml, placed it along with the player pictures to Pictures/person on my iPhone via iTunes, and now everything is working fine. Thanks for you help!

8 minutes ago, markoffden said:

So guys I solved this. I used a tool FMXML to generate the config.xml, placed it along with the player pictures to Pictures/person on my iPhone via iTunes, and now everything is working fine. Thanks for you help!

Heres the part of xml file that should help in future.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean value="false" id="preload"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean value="false" id="amap"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positionsin the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into anyplace in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphicsfiles from the correct places -->

-<list id="maps">
<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1000440/portrait" from="1000440"/>

<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1000994/portrait" from="1000994"/>

<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1001579/portrait" from="1001579"/>

Edited by DIRECTFX
On 03/12/2020 at 16:46, DIRECTFX said:

Heres the part of xml file that should help in future.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean value="false" id="preload"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean value="false" id="amap"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positionsin the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into anyplace in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphicsfiles from the correct places -->

-<list id="maps">
<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1000440/portrait" from="1000440"/>

<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1000994/portrait" from="1000994"/>

<record to="graphics/pictures/person/1001579/portrait" from="1001579"/>

And don't forget, after done that thing 👆, don't forget to put this:

</list>

</record>

So it should be like this: 

Screenshot_2020-12-04-18-14-16-27.png