Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat New role in FMM2021

rseven

Hi mates,

I read lots of posts here sharing fantastic tactics. I notice that new roles are not often used. 

Could you share any idea or tips for using the new role, such as "Roaming Player", "Invert Winger" ?

in real life? I think Sadio Mane is the best example of an Inverted Winger at this moment.

Roaming Playmaker to my mind is a mix between a BBM and and an APM.

1 hour ago, topline said:

in real life? I think Sadio Mane is the best example of an Inverted Winger at this moment.

Roaming Playmaker to my mind is a mix between a BBM and and an APM.

I may talk more in game... 

I think RP as a mix of APM and DLP.

So far I haven't really tried them because they haven't fit my goals. 

I was keen to try out the RP, but then I saw that one of the trained attributes is Shooting and all my careers so far have been about other positions shooting (ie the strikers). I don't want no RP taking no goals away from my lads! And I want my Ws to cross, not be inverted. 

So, I'm glad there is more choice there, just not right for me at the moment.

I use them both in my current TT setup.

IW suits player who have poor shooting and have footedness opposed his side of wing and can’t play on the other side. It gives me good amount of assist

RPM is a mix of AP and DLP. I’d say combine it with CM to give balance in midfield 

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Fwiw, by far my most successful tactic in fmm21 has included an RP, and they really don't shoot very often, in any team I've used them with. in the neighborhood of 4-6 goals a season. The IW will still cross, but will do so from closer in, rather than running to the corner flag first. Both roles are a bit misleading in their descriptions IMO.

Same feeling for RP. I tried some tactics, my RP will pass more then BBM.

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

Fwiw, by far my most successful tactic in fmm21 has included an RP, and they really don't shoot very often, in any team I've used them with. in the neighborhood of 4-6 goals a season. The IW will still cross, but will do so from closer in, rather than running to the corner flag first. Both roles are a bit misleading in their descriptions IMO.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I might give them a go then - at least the RP one and maybe the IW one too. 

I’m using a roaming playmaker in my Wrexham game now, I’ve found they don’t shoot as much as a AP, but they do shoot more than my BBM, I haven’t tried it next to a CM yet. Which I may try next season.

Also I used Dembele as an inverted winger on my Celtic game, what I found was they would try running the line too much, they would just cut in and cross from quite close to the box, he got a few assists from this, worked pretty well with a proper winger the other side.

I've played Fernandes as an RPM and he's done very well for me. Had to turn down two decent bids for him too. I don't have a top tier backup so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screenshot_2020-12-15-18-23-08-508_com.sega.score.jpg

7 minutes ago, Anders said:

I've played Fernandes as an RPM and he's done very well for me. Had to turn down two decent bids for him too. I don't have a top tier backup so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screenshot_2020-12-15-18-23-08-508_com.sega.score.jpg

I’ve been using RPM myself, found Merino, Elmas and Baro have been pretty good in that role as well 😁

Edited by RichD

I am still keeping my midfield pair BBM-BWM because I like working bees in those positions but seen a lot of people having a go at RP so might give it a try