Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez & Those Chelsea Kids

Ashez

Ashez & Those Chelsea Kids

I've been in need of something to play so I've decided to be unoriginal and jump upon the Chelsea Wonderkid challenge bandwagon! The one season length and the fact it features three players who were heavily linked to Liverpool made it appeal, it also felt like the right type of save to test out the Gegen tactic @FuddledFox and myself made. Granted this tactic likely won't produce the best score as it's not on par with the real goal flowing tactics on Vibe in terms of output but we'll see where we end up. 

The Transfers 

In

Screenshot_20201201_023647_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ad9d9084bf5ac04bc34edbbed8d71ec3.jpg

Transfer in wise I decided to spend most of my budget on a new keeper and stiffening up the midfield, I then also thought some defensive back up might be called for so the cash was splashed. 

Out 

Screenshot_20201201_023656_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8fa5305830395196209859befc03791d.jpg

As for the sales I sold those I had no need for or those who were unhappy, as this screenshot reveals I won't be using Abraham in this challenge. 

My Chosen Four 

Pulisic 

Screenshot_20201201_023531_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.cc969c0639e34c656b947633ba2f3c73.jpg

The American was heavily linked to Anfield to reunite with Klopp but he ended up in London, on this save we'll see if he's up to reproducing the output of someone like Sadio Mane. 

Werner 

Screenshot_20201201_023600_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.7852428b8f97586b78ee5116b801ef45.jpg

It seemed the transfer saga of the summer with Werner's move to Liverpool seemingly done early, however the pandemic and other issues resulted in the German going to Chelsea with Liverpool instead signing Jota. 

Havertz 

Screenshot_20201201_023616_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.0a83ddd4232e664a3d6e8d5e0bdfabd7.jpg

Havertz wasn't linked to Liverpool as much as the previously mentioned players but the links were there, especially as he's more in the Firmino mould than most attackers currently about. I think that's the main reason why this challenge appealed as Havertz can be my Firmino, Werner my Salah and Pulisic my Mane. 

Mount 

Screenshot_20201201_023547_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ed36731bce4705b8a3e736d9fa7aae6f.jpg

I can't say Mount got me that excited about the save but we'll see how he gets on in my midfield, he seems good yet overrated in real life which hopefully translates into FMM so he can get me some points on the board. 

Tactic 

Screenshot_20201201_023742_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.5d4e54ad7b722c06ee4a39b54b9b87df.jpg

January Results

League Table

Screenshot_20201201_023712_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.4d6faea2239771bc0a2bb87e442270ab.jpg

Undefeated by January on my first real save of 2021! It's safe to say the Gegen is still the business! The amount of draws is disappointing though. 

The Wonderkids

Pulisic 

Screenshot_20201201_023537_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.53f54cf1075e1e6beb56641760d979f0.jpg

Not a bad showing from the American but he's hardly tearing the league apart. 

Mount 

Screenshot_20201201_023555_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.534f17947ec2140f28bf3e0d3d5fdca0.jpg

14 goal involvements in 19 appearances from midfield isn't bad going at all, hopefully he can keep this form for the rest of the save.  

Havertz 

Screenshot_20201201_023621_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.215eb07954b63aca5da0a053e04f6d58.jpg

The German is well and truly doing the business for me! I've never actually used him before but this kind of output blew my socks off!! 

Werner 

Screenshot_20201201_023607_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.c493827c135b1051445ffed592f270b8.jpg

Unfortunately Werner hasn't done as well as his international team mate but he's on the right track. 

A Lesson Learnt

Screenshot_20201201_085533_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.de93d2dffcbb9eb145cb06f02ca1b218.jpg

Ronaldo still has it as he destroyed us. I've never seen anything like it, a commanding 3-0 lead wiped out by CR7. Incredible. 

End Of Season Results 

League 

Screenshot_20201201_093545_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.664769e6a09b3bd26026cf55689c7378.jpg

My first league campaign on 2021 finishes undefeated but those damn draws mask alot. The issue was getting the strikers to fire at the same time, as you'll soon see both did well but they took it in turns instead of consistently firing which led to a few blanks. At least the undefeated season is out the way early @samhardy

League Cup 

Screenshot_20201201_093625_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.749a8c9a716baadd2a774c963ca84ca2.jpg

Werner the difference maker! 

FA Cup

Screenshot_20201201_093615_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.9de5fcb58290edf8104189c5c20821f2.jpg

I refuse to celebrate that....But damn my boy!! 

Manager Profile

Screenshot_20201201_093633_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.acdff06bdf99aa20e280344c047d111b.jpg

One defeat 😮

The Wonder Kids

Pulisic 

Screenshot_20201201_093455_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.d4021144b21ec7e6a2de89e99138e3d8.jpg

I hate to say it but Pulisic really disappointed me on this save, I love the look of him in real life but this season didn't live up to my expectations. 

Mount 

Screenshot_20201201_093506_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ca46258e27ba8bc4a3892b5e07a7c86e.jpg

For a midfielder I think I have to be happy with 11 goals and 24 assists, he could have done with a few more but all in all I don't think that's a bad haul. 

Havertz 

Screenshot_20201201_093521_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.7e6f96a541ea7204ddd62f402fe2c25a.jpg

What happened here then? Obviously an impressive season for the young man but what a difference from the January screenshot. He got 20 in 21 followed by 12 in 30 odd appearances. Unfortunately he got a knock and never really got going again. 

Werner 

Screenshot_20201201_093531_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.172f0cdfe776b00544abb8cd5658c46a.jpg

Thankfully Werner decided to pick up the slack as his goal scoring exploits massively improved in the second half of the season, however it's disappointing to think how good my score could have been if both were firing at the same time. 

Final Score 

League Points - 92

Goal Difference - 53

Pulisic - 4 + 13 = 17

Mount - 11 + 24 = 35

Havertz - 32 + 12 = 44

Werner - 49 + 7 = 56

Total - 297

I can't say I'm happy with that score but I'm not really disappointed either, I had hoped for more but I knew going in this tactic wouldn't produce the daft numbers required. Regardless though I had fun with FMM which hasn't happened in a long time so thank you @Scratch!

Thank you for viewing and as always feel free to leave a comment. 

Nice one! Beat my score. 😄

And glad you had fun with it, hope it leads to more Ashez careers, always good for Vibe to have you posting more often.

I had a good run with Pulisic a couple of years ago, but couldn't make him work this year. Seems that a few people have had the same experience. I'll try this again, but he'll be the odd man out next time. 

Shame Havertz dropped off, from memory he was really good for me all season long. Though Werner didn't quite hit all cylinders for me, couldn't speak English at all and had no friends. 😐 

That CR7 though... 

Nice season and return. Mount seemed to do very well in the RP role which was nice to see. I’ve yet to give the role a proper trial but looks like it’ll be quite nice.

3 hours ago, Titjes said:

Great score, to bad Havertz could not keep up the good form

It's a shame but it would be boring if everything worked perfectly!

3 hours ago, RichD said:

Great season mate, with one loss! Shame Havertz didn’t carry on that form, but at least Werner stepped up 😁

Such an annoying loss though!! Just a random dicking from Ronaldo :@

Likely would have broken 300 with those extra fixtures too ahhhh. 

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Great season mate. It seems like everyone’s having Pulisic underperforming 

I've just realised how awful his form was after January!! 

1 goal and 3 assists in half a season 😮

That's what's cost me! 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice one! Beat my score. 😄

And glad you had fun with it, hope it leads to more Ashez careers, always good for Vibe to have you posting more often.

I had a good run with Pulisic a couple of years ago, but couldn't make him work this year. Seems that a few people have had the same experience. I'll try this again, but he'll be the odd man out next time. 

Shame Havertz dropped off, from memory he was really good for me all season long. Though Werner didn't quite hit all cylinders for me, couldn't speak English at all and had no friends. 😐 

That CR7 though... 

Sorry 😛

Hopefully, I've just lost the committment for the time investment of a save and of posting in this last 2 years. There are so many deeper games I could be playing 😂. 2021 does have its hooks in me though, being able to avoid conceding from every corner is a complete mood changer for me. 

Yeah both the German lads ran hot and cold for me, it felt like they did better than they did if that makes sense?

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Lovely read. Great to see an Ash career again. 

Appreciated!

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Nice season and return. Mount seemed to do very well in the RP role which was nice to see. I’ve yet to give the role a proper trial but looks like it’ll be quite nice.

I'm loving the role! Legs of a BBM but with creativity 😍

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Hopefully, I've just lost the committment for the time investment of a save and of posting in this last 2 years. There are so many deeper games I could be playing 😂. 2021 does have its hooks in me though, being able to avoid conceding from every corner is a complete mood changer for me. 

Yeah, I'm enjoying 21. Still haven't really gotten into the set pieces part yet, because I'm having to work out the main tactics all over again. Last year I got into crazy BatiGoal tactics territory and a lot of what was smashing it then doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Which is great! I want the game to be more realistic and it makes sense that 1 at the back with 3 up front and 3 behind them in the AM line shouldn't work. And it now doesn't work (for me). I can't speak to the rest of the match engine, but at least that part seems a lot more realistic. 

And I wasn't sure about the dynamics part, but the consequencs for me seem have been good. If I sell half the squad and bring in a bunch of players who can't speak the language, things don't seem to work as well. So now I'm being much more realistic with my squad building strategy. 

I mean I could have played with a sensible tactic and bought players reasonably last year (and I did in some saves), but when you know the game will let you get away with certain things, it's hard (for me) to walk past it. I'd much rather the game be more realistic in the first place. So I'm pretty happy (so far). 

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I'm enjoying 21. Still haven't really gotten into the set pieces part yet, because I'm having to work out the main tactics all over again. Last year I got into crazy BatiGoal tactics territory and a lot of what was smashing it then doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Which is great! I want the game to be more realistic and it makes sense that 1 at the back with 3 up front and 3 behind them in the AM line shouldn't work. And it now doesn't work (for me). I can't speak to the rest of the match engine, but at least that part seems a lot more realistic. 

And I wasn't sure about the dynamics part, but the consequencs for me seem have been good. If I sell half the squad and bring in a bunch of players who can't speak the language, things don't seem to work as well. So now I'm being much more realistic with my squad building strategy. 

I mean I could have played with a sensible tactic and bought players reasonably last year (and I did in some saves), but when you know the game will let you get away with certain things, it's hard (for me) to walk past it. I'd much rather the game be more realistic in the first place. So I'm pretty happy (so far). 

I've basically just used the gegen or variants and everything I've tried so far is working better than ever in the basic sense, in the Vibe sense I do need to create something that produces more but so far I love this tactic. 

Set pieces are just fun, especially if you decide not to abuse them as they're easy to exploit. I used to rage at every corner I'd concede from so having an in put there really keeps the rage out my mind. 

Personally I've ignored everything else new 😂

8 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Great score there mate and great to see you enjoying FMM21 so far! 

Thanks @smoggy90, it's ace being able to contribute again! 

8 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great score posted there. Hopefully you do many more challenges.

Well I've already done more than I did last year so that's something 😂