Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Continental Conquerors 2021 Edition

Kanegan

This challenge was first posted in FMM 2019 but since then number of new leagues have been added so it is time for an update to this challenge:

The premise is pretty straightforward.  You need to win the Champions League in every continent available in FMM 21 and World Club Championship. So, how and what to do it. Setup is pretty simple but challenge is an exciting one.

SETUP

Slot 1: Load any one of Australia, China and Korea - Asian stage

Slot 2: Load either of USA, Mexico or Canada (Canada will be pretty hard) - North American stage

Slot 3: Load any one of Scotland, N.Ireland, Ireland and Wales - UK stage

Slot 4: Load any one of Belgium, Turkey, Denmark, Poland or Russia - European stage

CHALLENGE

1. Win the Asian Champions League and World Club Championship with any one of Asian clubs. Designate a national hero i.e nominate a player who will be of the same nationality as the country you are managing and his total goals in Champions League and World Club Championship will be your total points for this stage.

2.  Win UEFA Champions League and World Club Championship with any one of the UK clubs as given in the setup. Designate a national hero the same way as the previous stage. His total goals in UEFA Champions League and World Club Championship will be your total points for the stage.

3.  Rinse and repeat stage 2 with any one of European clubs as given in the setup and same way designate a national hero.

4. Win CONCACAF Champions League and World Club Championship with any one of North American clubs and nominate your national hero. His total goals in CONCACAF Champions League and World Club Championship will be your total points for the stage.

Pls note for Canadian teams - there are two ways of progressing to Champions League, the Canadian Premier League winner gets a shot at the North American League and then the top six qualifies for Champions League while the Canadian Championship winner gets a direct entry to NACL.

5. Your total points will be the sum of Asia + UK + Europe + North America.

6.  Win 5 points for every top goalscorer award in the Champions League and World Club Championship won by your national hero.

7. Win 5 points for every season you complete this under 30.

9.  BONUS: Win a bonus 100 points if you manage a 1KC between all your national heroes.

8. You can play in any order but no other leagues allowed apart from the ones stated in the challenge.

9. You can stay at the club even after winning the required trophies till the time you can move. All your total goals will be counted for that stage ( only in the Champions League and Club World Championship)

10. No to reloading/holidaying/IGE etc.

11. Yes to badges/reputation.

12. You can continue even if you get sacked.

13. Important Note: You cannot get into AFC Champions League if you select Wellington Phoenix in Hyundai A-League. So you are better off without them.

Have fun.

LEADERBOARD

1. @geordiekrispy - 325 points career

Edited by Kanegan
3 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Nice challenge.
Could take a while to win the Champions League with a team from the UK that isn't from Scotland though as most of them are semi-pro.

Yup, for anybody not opting for Scotland, that stage would be the hardest.

I may have found a sticking point with this challenge...

It appears that the FIFA Club World Cup is not being played for a few years... damn them having to delay the Copa America and Euros this year...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_FIFA_Club_World_Cup_(China)

2040976298_Screenshot_20201214-112319_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.206d42de3de79e8292c2eda6babdb90a.jpg

I'll have to see how it goes in my career... Perth may be really strong by this point...

50 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Yes I think it's now every 4 years. 

I've already had teams sniffing around my national hero... this may be tough to keep him for another 3 years, but his goals scored in the CL should be massive :)

Edited by geordiekrispy

Ok, quick question... Can I change my National Hero after the first season of a leg or does it have to be the same player until I win that regions Champions League and the CWC?

Yeah, but then you could just end up using a different player each year.

I have just been using the same player, to my detriment. Like in my Euro leg, one of my other Russian strikers ended up being "better" or at least more consistent, but it could just be that I didn't play him in Europe and so got more game time in the league.

I'm just struggling with my Scottish striker as I've had the "not going to progress any further" message and he's only 22 and the 18 year old I was tempted to use has gone past him stats wise, as has the older player I was originally going to use.

Edited by geordiekrispy
8 hours ago, Kanegan said:

You can change but after the season. 

So use a player for one full season, then change for the next season?

Awesome! Thanks. Fingers crossed for a bigger score next season :)

52 minutes ago, hhooo said:

You only keep the score from one player though, so changing isn't great unless he's a big upgrade. 

Given that my chosen hero only scored 6 points last season. I can see it massively affecting my score if I do change hero.