Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Argentina deep dive?

d3rgal

As mentioned in the 2020 forums, I'm still playing FMM 2020, but when I move to 2021 I'm planning to start with an Argentinian team. Is anyone considering doing some guide to the nation leagues, interesting teams to manage...etc? Very excited about managing in Argentina! Newell's, carajo! 😉

Didn't know the Basque flag was able to choose at the site, that's cool.

I actually bought FMM21 because of Argentina, but the database is not 100 % correct. I wrote it in a bugs thread before.

Right now, as of the start of the new season, they play the Copa de la Liga Profesional, which has a wrong format. In life the tournament  is divided into 6 groups , looks something like Portuguese League Cup, while in-game it is a 2 group championship with play-offs later going on.

The next problem is that in game they start from the very beginning with the regular championship - Primera División. La Primera will start only in 2021, probably in March. 

The last thing, is that the Trofeo de Campeones which was abandoned in life back in 2019, is still presented in the game for whatever reason and played regularly even after 3 seasons.

As for the team, don't look at nickname, it was picked randomly. I was hoping that someone from SI could look through the bug thread and would see the database error as it had been possible back in 2014-2015. So that is what first came up to my mind. I did a test save with Lanus, but idk, not my team to play for.

I would play for River Plate though, or I'll go with Velez Sarfield as they seemingly have the best academy in Argentina in-game, so in case you wanna get Messi or Aguero regens, that's probably gonna be the right pick :)

Edited by Lanuz
1 hour ago, Lanuz said:

Didn't know the Basque flag was able to choose at the site, that's cool.

I asked for it (very nicely!): 

Hello mate, im argentine, and if you want a real challenge, i recommend you riestra from second division, its the smallest playable team and will be funny take them to win libertadores hahaha, if you want first division, go with gimnasia! it has a very interesting history and is not so big, also has ivo mammini in the youth team! one of the best hot prospects of the league, and also my friend hahah, i went on vacation with him last year when we got to 18 and this year i found him on the game we played for years, crazy stuff.

44 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

Hello mate, im argentine, and if you want a real challenge, i recommend you riestra from second division, its the smallest playable team and will be funny take them to win libertadores hahaha, if you want first division, go with gimnasia! it has a very interesting history and is not so big, also has ivo mammini in the youth team! one of the best hot prospects of the league, and also my friend hahah, i went on vacation with him last year when we got to 18 and this year i found him on the game we played for years, crazy stuff.

8C93A5FC-628D-40BC-8C5A-99F05529B875.thumb.png.e6fdc116119017a263fe3dc05f3199e5.png

This guy? He’s got some great stats for a striker 

i also recommend platense who haves tiago palacios one of the best argentine wonderkids this year, and is the team from my city, capital of buenos aires

Edited by MatiasDFS
33 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

8C93A5FC-628D-40BC-8C5A-99F05529B875.thumb.png.e6fdc116119017a263fe3dc05f3199e5.png

This guy? He’s got some great stats for a striker 

yess, me and my friends were all older than him and he always destroyed us on the beach hahaha

On 05/12/2020 at 03:18, MatiasDFS said:

Gracias @MatiasDFS :)

@Lautaro Bianchi Loved it! I'm from Bilbao and as a Athletic supporter, Bielsa is a legend. To manage Newel's and get to win Libertadores is great satisfaction! Completing Bielsa's work there :). Newel's carajo!