Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Common mistakes in Football Manager 2021 Mobile

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

It shows how strict your players movements and acts on the pitch. Expressive means they’re free to change position between players like what you see Man City does whie they can change the passing style, focus, etc. if they feel it’s needed. Disciplined means they won’t change anything. They’ll stay in position and won’t do anything other than what instructed.

Creative freedom affects passing choices more than anything else in my experience. Many more ambitious passes with Expressive clicked, while you'll get tons of safe sideways passes on Disciplined.

46 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Creative freedom affects passing choices more than anything else in my experience. Many more ambitious passes with Expressive clicked, while you'll get tons of safe sideways passes on Disciplined.

Yup that’s true

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

i started on Expressive a couple of years ago, inspired by my bees, who are definitely coached to "try stuff" - take on your man, have a go, no guts no glory etc...

but i've never found it useful in the game. i turn it on if i'm 3-0 up. and maybe on the rare occasions when my team is the dominant force in world football.

i went Disciplined in Deutschland and never looked back - was immediately much more solid defensively. so maybe there is a defensive element, keeping your shape, not gambling on interceptions etc...

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Disciplined in Deutschland 

I'll take 'FMM tactic or adult film title' for 500, Alex.

Edited by hhooo
On 31/12/2020 at 21:35, Pharel said:

We surely need to a guide on this things

Morale and loyalty become grounded as the contract offer came promptly from another club.

While we need a century to develop young player trait without guarantee to succeed.

True BS imo.

IMG_20201231_202611.jpg

You can demote the disloyal player in reserves and wait about 3 days. Then promote him back to your first team. 

I'd found this method yesterday while managing my players when offers kicks in. 

So far it's working for me. Their loyalty go back to normal. 

Interest interpretation on 'Creative freedom'.

I've always assumed the following 

Disciplined = Follow my instructions exactly

Balanced = Follow my instructions but if you see a pass or a shot then go for it.

Expressive = Play in your positions but you can play off the cuff and decide the best thing yourselves. 

5 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Interest interpretation on 'Creative freedom'.

I've always assumed the following 

Disciplined = Follow my instructions exactly

Balanced = Follow my instructions but if you see a pass or a shot then go for it.

Expressive = Play in your positions but you can play off the cuff and decide the best thing yourselves. 

Almost like how you explained them. I would say balanced is something like they can do something slightly off the instructions but don’t go overboard and too many times while expressive, they can change positions with their teammates and do things of the instructions whenever they feels like it’s needed which is why this is mostly not suitable for lower league clubs because they have bad decision making.

Edited by broodje kip

omg thank you so much for this. I have been struggling with my southampton in my 4th season even though i have been winning a lot of trophies since my 2nd season. but i did a change in my 4th season which is the mistakes said in this forum. im still winning but struggling because my team cant finish even though they did more than 10 shots per game but only around 5 shots on target but only around 2 goals per game.

it is stressing me out so much and hopefully the changes will help me!

On 17/04/2021 at 23:16, thatmonstak said:

Anyone with a thread that links to how to set up training?

Sorry mate, I was away and didn’t realise your comment. I think there isn’t anyone who made this yet unfortunately.

added 0 minutes later
7 minutes ago, Aidiloso said:

omg thank you so much for this. I have been struggling with my southampton in my 4th season even though i have been winning a lot of trophies since my 2nd season. but i did a change in my 4th season which is the mistakes said in this forum. im still winning but struggling because my team cant finish even though they did more than 10 shots per game but only around 5 shots on target but only around 2 goals per game.

it is stressing me out so much and hopefully the changes will help me!

Thanks, I hope your Southampton save improves.

Is it better to assign a player their recommended role during games or assign them the role that fits the tactical system? Because currently I have 2 poachers, a shadow striker, and only one playmaker, who is a deep-lying playmaker. My team doesn't score as many goals as the teams around us in the table and I think the fact I practically have 3 strikers all demanding the ball but one playmaker has something to do with that. So I want to switch one of my strikers to a pressing forward, which will fit the tactical system I play better as well as balance out the chances-created and chances-demanded dynamic, hopefully getting us more goals. But the striker fits the poacher role a lot more than he fits the pressing forward role so I'm not sure what I should favour more: fitting a player into the tactical system or letting them play to their personal strengths?

22 minutes ago, Ragweed1 said:

Is it better to assign a player their recommended role during games or assign them the role that fits the tactical system? Because currently I have 2 poachers, a shadow striker, and only one playmaker, who is a deep-lying playmaker. My team doesn't score as many goals as the teams around us in the table and I think the fact I practically have 3 strikers all demanding the ball but one playmaker has something to do with that. So I want to switch one of my strikers to a pressing forward, which will fit the tactical system I play better as well as balance out the chances-created and chances-demanded dynamic, hopefully getting us more goals. But the striker fits the poacher role a lot more than he fits the pressing forward role so I'm not sure what I should favour more: fitting a player into the tactical system or letting them play to their personal strengths?

I’d say tactical style. Most players in lower leagues have low attributes so they will show only the basic roles. They can still play other roles though.