Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics RichD - Goal Bonanza Tactic

Rich

So I’ve been wanting to give you all a tactic since I joined the site but never got around to it as I would usually use them for challenges, but this one isn’t about individuals getting goals it’s about the whole team getting goals. I developed this tactic over the last 2/3 years and I’ve managed to get it to work again this year if not better with a few amendments.

Shape

5F84EA41-676B-4316-9246-27DA50CC00ED.thumb.png.91c1cf05bc08f8e79830c1a1d9779a41.png

I know this is madness how I set up, but trust me it works, I’ve managed a lot of teams over the years with this kind of set up and it out powers your opponents and scores a massive amount of goals. I can usually tell how a game is going to pan out in the first 15 minutes, if you haven’t had a few shots in the first few minutes I would go balanced instead of overload, this tends to change the balance of the game, the boys are more patient and chances seem to come quicker. But most teams just cannot handle the overload.

If you’re playing a team better than yourselves I would go balanced from the start anyway.

Defence

99580D46-08F0-4D71-8B9F-656C798017E2.thumb.png.747eb49cc8b7a13dbda0bbda293133aa.png

This is left as standard, I’ve experimented with all of these but I always go back to this, I find I concede a lot less goals this way. 

Attack

4B0E137A-D8CD-46FF-BF14-139A765E6994.thumb.png.c5fa09bd47dc5a636d33fbe98ae3a0fc.png

I’m a big fan of more is less in the attacking third and always have been. You would be very surprised with shoot on sight, this does not mean your shots will be all be from a distance, it’s not like that. If your player thinks there’s a chance of scoring they will shoot, you get a lot of goals from your strikers. I have tried work in to box and it still works relatively well, but you won’t score as many and your inside forwards are not as effective. 

I never go away from playing short passing, the boys keep the ball so much better this way and I create a lot more chances, I like playing through the centre as that’s where your 3 main men play, finding them as much as possible is key to this and with no massive width to this, it makes sense.

What Players I Need

5962739C-EB90-400F-9A15-C478F75DEBE1.thumb.png.f2e96a30b3ef0f02cf566df162f23412.png

This is a great new feature and I’ve used it quite a lot, where it says tap here to set player template role, you can pick any player role from there and get players best suited for that position.

I would say your target man is the most important as he will score a lot, if I’m playing with a great team and I’ve got a very good centre forward I change him to CF instead of a TM.

I’ve used this tactic lower league with very average teams and been very successful. I’ve also used it with big teams and been very successful. I haven’t tested massively this year yet, but I didn’t need to as it seems to be as successful now as it was previous years.

Results

Spoiler

9003B14D-EF40-46E6-818D-B0A1125ED0FA.thumb.png.109c184c7da8929d19af38ece932da93.png0521C404-B369-4561-8B10-6BA8674915D9.thumb.png.042bedaa9019c839212ff1db9de6ca8d.png7A156464-CA09-4F35-93A5-F6AF840F4A41.thumb.png.5b3342ffe913b8ed734135f7e204fee7.png87589B4C-B9DB-477E-83B2-83657282569F.thumb.png.7298b6c4fb23e3f7753af15d35a7da0e.pngB6ACACFC-9DDF-40A6-B60F-5E36CA6EDB9F.thumb.png.84acc1b823da63ea391cae8190b6b072.png81BC9D8B-D43E-4840-9A0A-1B70E8208BC0.thumb.png.9457483d7a4e3cc527e861d293f0221b.png0259B5D8-C7D9-4775-83BC-1C5C17F3B20B.thumb.png.e94d13325bdfb8b2cfce327afacd2757.png740C182A-5131-4F7D-BCFD-F7E01221D2FC.thumb.png.df6ab55d930b20f07bbae087ba70fd6f.png6ACDCC45-F47B-440E-BCB0-A8C344013873.thumb.png.3f9bf880d6758d84d767db26995ad54d.png351CED9D-B97E-4B0A-912B-1B4A82C5F6CD.thumb.png.38f513598401af11d207e58fe5b4b207.png

So as you can see again it’s really big on goals and chances, if you’ve seen me around this forum you will have seen I love scoring goals and this is just here to share my joy of scoring goals and I hope you have as much success. 

One thing I will say is, please don’t use this tactic in your challenges, use it for your personal games and I don’t mind you using it in your own Normal careers. I hope you enjoy it.

Any questions, ask away. I will be using it more over the next few weeks, if I find something works better I will update you all. Any spelling mistakes or me not going in depth enough, let me know, I haven’t reread it as I can’t be assed 😁

Edited by RichD
6 minutes ago, zaangie said:

This tactic reminds me of the old days of CM0102. It looks like a fun tactic. Good job. 

Thanks mate, I loved that game so much! It’s one of them, it shouldn’t work at all, but it does massively, AI don’t know how to deal with it 😁

15 minutes ago, Klausbrh said:

This looks like fun😂

What about corner tactics? TM on near post?

It is mate, loads of goals! I need to look in to set pieces more, it’s on my to do list, but yes I’ve got the Target Man near post and delivery near post. If the aerial of the target man is good, he does get a good amount from corners.

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Pff, this is just a bog standard 433 with the fullbacks pushed up really, really, really, really high

🤣to be fair it actually is when you say it like that, I love the formation though 😁

1 hour ago, Adrien said:

Do your players complain about lack of squad depth in the full back position?

With the lack of depth it’s not actually about how many players you have in each position, it’s actually just how many people you have in your squad, if you’re having this problem, just promote reserves until it goes away 😁

52 minutes ago, RichD said:

With the lack of depth it’s not actually about how many players you have in each position, it’s actually just how many people you have in your squad, if you’re having this problem, just promote reserves until it goes away 😁

Is it?!?! Thank god cause that new 'feature' drives me nuts, no more having trimmed squads for god sake otherwise the players kick up a fuss, lazy f***ers 😂 I'm going to try this now and if it works, I thank you Sir Rich D. 

6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Is it?!?! Thank god cause that new 'feature' drives me nuts, no more having trimmed squads for god sake otherwise the players kick up a fuss, lazy f***ers 😂 I'm going to try this now and if it works, I thank you Sir Rich D. 

Yeah I never had it until recently and it was when I had a squad smaller than 29/30 it happened, I always have huge squads 🤣

Hope you enjoy it, I love playing games with that tactic 😁

11 hours ago, hhooo said:

Pff, this is just a bog standard 433 with the fullbacks pushed up really, really, really, really high

Just enjoy it 😉

47 minutes ago, Rob said:

Great system.

Cheers Rob 😁

26 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Push the CD to DM and there you go. You got RichD’s secret defenderless tactic

Very true, will try it sometime!

7 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Just enjoy it 😉

You said it best mate! I wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or nasty 🤣

6 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I thought the sarcasm was fairly obvious, as far as text goes! 

Any criticism like that is just goofy anyway, since almost any system is just x formation, but y is moved to a different place

If I ever get around to a non challenge career I'll give it a shot, but that could be a while with some of the plans I have now! 

I did think you were being sarcastic to be fair🤣

Yeah with FMM tactics are not the most complex, was hoping for a bit more instructions at least added this year, but this formation has worked for years now.

On 10/12/2020 at 18:05, RichD said:

It works haha, thank you sir. Do you know how to get rid of "Dislikes the intense work rate that his team-mates expect". :D

13 minutes ago, Adrien said:

It works haha, thank you sir. Do you know how to get rid of "Dislikes the intense work rate that his team-mates expect". :D

Not a problem mate, this is something Ive had a problem with, I haven’t found a way around it as of yet, if I do, I will get back to you 😁

Check out here if you want to see how the season went fully.

But here’s a couple of screenshots which may entice you 😉

DB99AEE4-862C-46DC-9FEB-9FCD665577CF.thumb.png.cff70d25544aee61e195e24a20827d3a.pngBF2CC52C-9C1D-48D1-AAF9-1C86093615A1.thumb.png.c5cf2ccd9f22abf6ba604d768eeb7daa.png

This tactic by far the best and most fun I have ever used! Thank you so much.

Do you train everyone in shooting except for the BBM and CDs maybe?

Screenshot_20201213-033758.jpg

Edited by Paddywan
8 hours ago, Paddywan said:

This tactic by far the best and most fun I have ever used! Thank you so much.

Do you train everyone in shooting except for the BBM and CDs maybe?

Screenshot_20201213-033758.jpg

Glad you’re enjoying it mate, it really is fun to use, loads of goals!

Yeah inside forwards, depends sometimes, I’ll put crossing, dribbling or shooting depending what there weakest is first I’d say.

With the TM/CF position I tend to go for Aerial first. For the poachers I quite like them to have good movement and shooting, but having poachers which good aerial can be good as well.

With the AP, shooting, passing, creativity and movement, but if you have them trained as AP, they’ll improve most of them except shooting, so yeah shooting would be a good stat to train with first 😁

1 hour ago, Slough Master said:

i dont know why you guys get these results. My 1st game lost 9-2....................

😂what team are you and who you playing against? Like I said if I think I’m going against a better team I go balanced, this tactic is not set up for you not to concede.

On 17/12/2020 at 20:12, Slough Master said:

i dont know why you guys get these results. My 1st game lost 9-2....................

Same for me, I got 'slaughtered' by Vallodolid, I use Valencia...

3 hours ago, shinichi85 said:

Same for me, I got 'slaughtered' by Vallodolid, I use Valencia...

A bit more info would be nice, if you’re going to tell me how crap it is? 

You guys must be awful at signing players or putting a squad together, that’s why you got slaughtered. 

10 minutes ago, Turoque said:

I made good result by changing the BBM to CM's. Thanks for sharing the Tactics RichD

Glad you enjoyed mate, I’ll give that a go as well 😁

Strange one.

Took over Chelsea and got slaughtered 7-0 first league game against Everton. Then won 9-1 and 8-0 before a string of standard results. 2-1 wins/losses etc.

Then done a save with Bristol Rovers, fairly decent team for League 1 as it is but added some strong additions such as Green and Espinosa. Started much better, beat probably the two biggest teams in the league; Sunderland and Ipswich back to back 7-2 and 8-1, then got slaughtered by Doncaster and Accrington before a lot of standard results again.

7 minutes ago, danbrfc said:

Strange one.

Took over Chelsea and got slaughtered 7-0 first league game against Everton. Then won 9-1 and 8-0 before a string of standard results. 2-1 wins/losses etc.

Then done a save with Bristol Rovers, fairly decent team for League 1 as it is but added some strong additions such as Green and Espinosa. Started much better, beat probably the two biggest teams in the league; Sunderland and Ipswich back to back 7-2 and 8-1, then got slaughtered by Doncaster and Accrington before a lot of standard results again.

Thanks for the feedback mate, I haven’t tested of late but one thing I have noticed since update is that overly attacking tactic do not work now as AI have improved. Will have a look in to it. It’s a weird one as for me it’s worked wonders for about 3 years, maybe I should go in to more detail about the kind of players. Will get back to you all 😁

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

Thanks for the feedback mate, I haven’t tested of late but one thing I have noticed since update is that overly attacking tactic do not work now as AI have improved. Will have a look in to it. It’s a weird one as for me it’s worked wonders for about 3 years, maybe I should go in to more detail about the kind of players. Will get back to you all 😁

Figured it'll have been to do with an update.

It does kinda work, just maybe not as powerful anymore. Not sure why the goals dry up so much though after a few games though.

Thought I was onto a winner after slaughtering Sunderland and Ipswich but losing 6-1 to Accrington brought me back down to earth 😂