Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The 100 Club

Rob

F81D184B-1EBA-4E99-9DE7-0144F7690495.jpeg.bc7d11499e0dd2150c113c0316fdaa94.jpeg

Imagine the typical Private Members Club: dozens of successful and exclusive members sitting on fine leather chairs, smoke billowing from heavily puffed cigars, all entertaining one another with stories of success and prosperity.  In between sips of expensive champagne they would bask in their glorious superiority over those not present and the secrecy of the place they now sat. Money talks, and at these clubs it does too, for wealth is not just of pocket but also of image and storytelling. Well the ‘100 Club’ is Vibe’s very own version of this.

7DF2FC71-3392-4E8C-9BF0-CE7F3D8D800E.jpeg.d0c48a2b5624d1b4c6a9b5234e3ddabe.jpeg

You see, to enter this exclusive club your challenge is quite simple: you have to have one player score at least 100 goals in a season for one team. International goals do not count - club mean club, after all. Once you do score 100+ goals the doors to this club will open. 

Leaderboard

83271A10-EED8-41EB-ABB1-ADC1E267552E.thumb.png.f7d36a66d59ae781e0197f9dcdcbfdbe.png

And when those doors open you will become an exclusive member of the leaderboard. This leaderboard is written on a blackboard at the back of the club, where all exclusives members are listed. However the list is not ordered by goals. 

Oh no, that’s not fair. 100 goals in 67 games is a lot easier than 100 goals in 40 games. Yes, this leaderboard is ranked by goals per game (gpg) rounded to two decimals places. If you score 100 goals in 60 games you get a gpg of 1.67. If someone else gets 110 in 60 they get 1.83. The second person would be top. However if the first person played another season (which could be in an entirely different career) and got 100 in 50 they would get a score of 2.00 and go top. Only the best score of each exclusive member is displayed on the board; multiple entries will not be shown, so keep improving yourself. This is the Vibe’s most exclusive club, don’t forget.

The Rules

The usual rules apply (displayed below in an extract taken directly from the ‘100 Club’s notebook):

• You can manage any club in any league.
  • Player MUST BE REAL.
  • No preferences/unlockables.
  • No uses of text changes, save editor or IGE at all.
  • No cheating - Restarting to avoid injuries counts as cheating!!
  • International goals do not count.
  • A career can be posted but screenshots are needed as evidence.
  • If requested you must upload your save so we can check no cheating has taken place via the save editor, failure to do this will result in you being rejected from the leader board.
  • Own formations only
  • SI databases only
  • No Myclub or created players

So do you have what it takes to join the club? Get scoring and become a legend.

11 minutes ago, RichD said:

E35385A9-BC25-4399-BB62-37DF3C1B085B.png.c848939f1cbabe8685039ccbe89ae5fb.png

My first ever 100+ in any FMM here, no idea of the ratio and that though 🤣

Career is here:

Well done. Of all the people who’d register it first... 🤣

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Well done. Of all the people who’d register it first... 🤣

I know, I was well out of my comfort zone posting that reply 👀🤣

19 minutes ago, RichD said:

70081F9C-1ECB-40C4-AD27-98CC0B403AFC.png.fab3b3dd17b22a5bd5470f0d0cd0cf86.png

Goal ratio is better on this one, thanks Rib.

Woooow. This year may be the first year I try out the Chinese league after some of the careers I'm seeing there! 

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

Woooow. This year may be the first year I try out the Chinese league after some of the careers I'm seeing there! 

Do it mate, it’s good fun out there 😁

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Urgh, another leaderboard for the China league to wreck. 

It makes me want to break every record there is now out in China 🤔

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

And ruin the forum.

Didn’t realise it was actually affecting you this much, I’ll try and move country and still get these numbers.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

And ruin the forum.

I get your concerns tbh. Certain leagues will always be easier. Maybe there should be separate leaderboards for challenges depending on the reputation of the league it is completed in... Saying that though, I know I could probably go to China and still won't hit numbers like Rich has with such a young player, within just a few of seasons. 

Just now, hhooo said:

I guess I should apply for membership. One hundred, premium quality, organic, Polish and Champion's League goals. 

Screenshot_2021-01-21-00-28-20-00_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.jpg

Great return.

On the China thing:

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Urgh, another leaderboard for the China league to wreck. 

To be fair, I broke the original 100 club by setting a score in China that nobody could touch, so it's not a new problem! 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

I get your concerns tbh. Certain leagues will always be easier.

The problem with China is that it is a weak league, but the money is insane (at the start of season 3, I was given £165M to spend), so you can really warp things in a way that wouldn't be possible at say Legia.

Although, to be fair, 2030 Legia is probably serial CL Winners and probably does have that budget. So maybe it's not that different?

Worth noting this is not so much a The 100 Club problem as a problem in general. The same thing will happen in The Record Store and in the challenges (1KCs, DTs, etc). I sort of feel like it's less important for The Record Store, which is more about pushing the game as far as it can be pushed (though I could be wrong on that), but it's more of an issue for the other ones.

There's probably no easy solution unless you have a separate leaderboards/records for each country, which would be so cumbersome. Or maybe we can group the countries into a couple of tiers and have separate leaderboards for each tier (probably still over complicated)? 

For the 100 Club, the scope could be narrowed and membership could only be granted to those in a particular league or a small group of leagues. It's a private club and can probably get away with things like that! :) 

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

The problem with China is that it is a weak league, but the money is insane (at the start of season 3, I was given £165M to spend), so you can really warp things in a way that wouldn't be possible at say Legia.

Although, to be fair, 2030 Legia is probably serial CL Winners and probably does have that budget. So maybe it's not that different?

You'd be surprised, but the stingy bastards gave me 2m when I arrived five years ago, and not a red cent since then. I make enough by flipping teenagers with bad attitudes and selling them to Zenit, but they've never actually given me money.

2 minutes ago, hhooo said:

You'd be surprised, but the stingy bastards gave me 2m when I arrived five years ago, and not a red cent since then. I make enough by flipping teenagers with bad attitudes and selling them to Zenit, but they've never actually given me money.

What tight purses... But yeah, I'm sure you're not broke. When I do a 1KC at say Celtic, I end up with 1B in the bank because I buy youngsters and develop them and sell the ones that don't quite cut it... Then I have nothing to do with that money because my players are better than anyone I could buy... I'm sure that must be a common dynamic. 

4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

What tight purses... But yeah, I'm sure you're not broke. When I do a 1KC at say Celtic, I end up with 1B in the bank because I buy youngsters and develop them and sell the ones that don't quite cut it... Then I have nothing to do with that money because my players are better than anyone I could buy... I'm sure that must be a common dynamic. 

In my 2nd season the board only gave me like £15M.

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

In my 2nd season the board only gave me like £15M.

Yeah, at Celtic, they never gave me much, but I just couldn't help making money from transfers...

On 20/01/2021 at 21:42, hhooo said:

I guess I should apply for membership. One hundred, premium quality, organic, Polish and Champion's League goals. 

Screenshot_2021-01-21-00-28-20-00_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.jpg

Niiiice! Poland is one that I had on my list from last year but never had the time.

China isn’t the easiest league in the game to score a shed load of goals from my experience. I won’t give the name of the country away that’s easier but the first word of it is Northern and the second is Ireland.

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

China isn’t the easiest league in the game to score a shed load of goals from my experience. I won’t give the name of the country away that’s easier but the first word of it is Northern and the second is Ireland.

Southern Ireland isn't too bad, either!