Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries The 3 Kings [Attempt 5 Complete]

Scratch

All I want for Christmas is Badge 04 (by @Rob) of the Badges of Honor series.

It's called The Three Kings. You can take charge of any club in the world and you get points for:

• Each goal scored by Gabriel Jesus
  • Each assist by his 3 Kings/Wise Men

And each of those players must get at least 10 points.

So I need to pick a club (Done). It's not in England, Spain, or Italy (the guesses when I accidently discussed this on @ScottishFMM's own attempt).

And I need to pick the Three Wise Men (Done). I'll name then shortly, but one (from South America) is already at the club, while two (one from Africa, one from Europe) have to travel from England.

I'll be trying a new tactic for this, mixing elements of the tactics I've used so far... Can't wait to get started! 

Edited by Scratch

I’ve come up with about 592 different possibilities of who you’ve chosen, so I am not going to embarrass myself by guessing! Good luck though.

59 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I'll hazard a guess that you're using PSG with Neymar, KDB, and Mane, although it could be Mahrez. 

Is not a hazard as I was thinking the same. But not Mane or Mahrez but Salah instead 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I’ve come up with about 592 different possibilities of who you’ve chosen, so I am not going to embarrass myself by guessing! Good luck though.

Well, it's worth remembering that they're kings, so they're all pretty good! 😄

2 hours ago, hhooo said:

I'll hazard a guess that you're using PSG with Neymar, KDB, and Mane, although it could be Mahrez. 

So, so close:

• PSG ✔️ 
  • Neymar, the King of Brazil ✔️
  • KDB, the King of Belgium  ✔️

But Mane is wrong. Very close, but wrong...

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, George Traistă said:

Is not a hazard as I was thinking the same. But not Mane or Mahrez but Salah instead 

And the final answer:

• Salah, the King of Egypt  ✔️
3 minutes ago, RichD said:

My guess is you’ve gone for Carmarthen Town in Wales, my hometown, good luck with them 😁

How did you guess. If you see Neymar, KDB, Salah or even Jesus in the Tesco, you'll know why! 🤣

37 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Nice choice. As much as I love KDB, I have to say Eden Hazard’s king of Belgium 

Thanks. Yeah, maybe Hazard is still the king, but I wasn't gonna use him for this... I guess KDB is the prince? Either way, he's still my Wise Man!

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

Right now Eden Hazard is not even the best Hazard, if you know what I mean 😂

Yeah, time for a new king I reckon!

It’s interesting how you guys have approached this. I was expecting everyone to go two wingers + one APM to maximise their assists and no one has done that yet! 

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

It’s interesting how you guys have approached this. I was expecting everyone to go two wingers + one APM to maximise their assists and no one has done that yet! 

If Jesus had better Aerial, I'd definitely get Wingers to send the crosses in. As it was, the clincher for going with KDB was his crossing for corners. I'm on the latest version, and some people have said corners stopped working, but I'm not doing anything fancy and there is a near post goal every few games.

I thought about IFs and might still stick Neymar and Salah out there if my tactic doesn't work, but I don't really use IFs and I'm worried they'll score too many goals instead of assisting. 

So basically what I've gone for is to send the ball through the middle with lots of short passing between players with lots of Movement. I'm hoping it's just really fluid and too hard for the opposition to stop and that there are a bunch of goals, with lots of assists from the lads.

Sort of working - after 6 games, KDB has 8 assists, Salah has 4, but Neymar only has 1 (with 6 goals!). Still Jesus has scored 6 too, so as long as others are getting assists for Neymar's goals it's not all bad. Might need to do something with him though...

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

That makes sense. Weird that Neymar has not assisted as many. Teamwork being low perhaps?

Yeah, I've heard others say he's selfish and hasn't assisted them much, but I've had some good results with him assists wise (and others have too), so it's a mystery. Maybe he's too selfish for that particular position?

I've got trouble brewing though. I spent all my money on the Kings and didn't improve the rest of my squad enough...

551534477_Screenshot_20201220-230943_FM21Mobile.png.4d6b52f06c59d089a51a1b651ecf2edc.png

1075145219_Screenshot_20201220-230945_FM21Mobile.png.e9a5ea7049cc89a6d02f0cb5b286c5e8.png

Players are decent in those positions, but well below the 3 kings, so they have a low star rating and apparently we're lacking depth. As a result, most of the team leaders are unhappy (blue exclamation marks and all) and our Morale has gone from C to F and it looks like the morale issues will spread.

1684131075_Screenshot_20201220-230951_FM21Mobile.png.9ada1cbd5d692fdc267fcb9f4800543e.png

I have no money left and the transfer window loses tomorrow, so I'm just gonig to have to push through and hope that pure talent will get us through. 

Edited by Scratch
10 hours ago, Rob said:

Haha, of all the things for you to forget to do properly and it’s transfers 🤣

Yeah, I know right! But I spent the money on the kings and there wasn't much left and the rest of the team was pretty decent (good enough for this challenge), so I thought I was right. Guess not.

I mean I did make other signings, but I guess these guys want VvD and TTA type signings for our defence and there's no money for that. I have plenty of players in the squad (32), so the depth thing is not about that, it must be expect quality of player...

3 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Who cares about the other Transfers 😂 

That front 4 is insane! 

Good luck with this mate and I can't wait to see how you do. 

The most PSG thing I’ve heard today

3 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Who cares about the other Transfers 😂 

That front 4 is insane! 

Good luck with this mate and I can't wait to see how you do. 

Thanks mate - that's generally my approach here: don't worry too much about a balanced squad, or dynamics, just trust in the front 4 to deliver. We'll see how it goes! 🙂

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

The most PSG thing I’ve heard today

LoL, I guess it is...

To be fair, I was looking at another team which had a better squad and top notch dynamics report, but I felt PSG would be more exciting and dramatic, so I guess I chose this! Just gotta embrace it as PSG!

A quality line up there mate, i found the 3 treq's worked great in my MSN challenge so with Jesus sandwiched between them it should be goals galore!

21 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

A quality line up there mate, i found the 3 treq's worked great in my MSN challenge so with Jesus sandwiched between them it should be goals galore!

Thanks mate. It started off great, but has really slowed down (in early Dec now), maybe because the dynamics has gone off.

The three kings are all unhappy about squad depth (all with blue exclamation marks). I offered Neymar a new contract, which got rid of the exclamation mark, but left the comment about being unhappy about squad depth (and also caused him to lose focus). But the other two won't be able to sign new contracts for a couple of months. 

Neymar is my biggest worry, he has 7 goals, but only 2 assists, from 18 appearances, so unless he steps it up, he won't make the 10 assists required... All the others have slowed down a lot too.

I guess I need to sell in the transfer window and then try to bring in some better players, not sure how that will go..

So, the results are in! And they are not so great...

We got off to a great start with Jesus scoring a goal a game, KDB average 1.5 assists per game, Salah getting one every second game, but we couldn't keep it up.

We had serious morale problems as mentioned above, feulled by the team influencers all thinking we needed a deeper squad. I tried to fix it in January, with some success, selling a couple of unhappy influencers like Navas and bringing in some happier people. It helped a little, but results remained patchy and we never recovered that early form... 

Anyway, here's what happened...

Transfers

Lots of exchanges this time, so you get the messy view:

Spoiler

three-kings-a1-16.jpg.8b76dd0095939b7d6e499c68efcb3e6d.jpg

three-kings-a1-17.jpg.65d4d3715cc19d04a6e32fbedb0ddfac.jpg

three-kings-a1-18.jpg.ec01631d8f2f1b409ccadc58974ec3e8.jpg

three-kings-a1-19.jpg.aa8c76b0a13d1168e1d9abfcceb98b8e.jpg

Not sure what to say about it to be honest. We got Jesus, Salah and KDB obviously. Salah was a straight up swap for MBappe (with a 50% sell on). But the rest don't really stand out, we just did the best we could with the money we had and put together a decent squad.

Tactics

This is how we rolled for most of the season (we did have a small experiment with Neymar on the right wing to try to get him going, but that didn't last):

three-kings-a1-30.jpg.35919434e039d6936b088496881253d7.jpg

We did get the nice free flowing front interplay I was after at the beginning of the season:

image.png.5540ab42bab1b7b9f0657e0decdc6d0b.png

And we had glimpses of it near the end, but it didn't work as well as I hoped. Actually, now I think about it, maybe the update had something to do with it? Not sure. I think it was more the players to be honest.

Injuries

Once again the main lads were on low intensity training and I had less injuries than last time: two 10 day injuries for Jesus (though I missed the screenshot for one of them) and the kings were injury free...

Spoiler

three-kings-a1-03.jpg.8048b415b64bed5f9b7a2d5e56fe609e.jpg

Results

We did alright:

three-kings-a1-15.jpg.0c2543fadd805d85c4540d62a7b4ded9.jpg

I would have liked more goals in the league - we were averaging 3.5 per game at the start of the season, but dropped to 2.5 by the end. And Real Madrid put us out of the CL semi final, beating us 2-0 on aggregate, even though we had the better of both ties.

Spoiler

three-kings-a1-13.jpg.20d7e7632f89401aeeeba2187f5f1b9a.jpg

three-kings-a1-12.jpg.59b9913dbc7e3fb55e564f20ae01dd62.jpg

three-kings-a1-10.jpg.d5bda886a474d9e2f61e4f81b77e2621.jpg

three-kings-a1-14.jpg.751c89ce5a64ecbf9ac8623d72a22ca8.jpg

Which leaves us to count up our points... Let's look at the lads:

Spoiler

three-kings-a1-22.jpg.f165ebf1b809f5f520d69ad0e45639ae.jpg

three-kings-a1-23.jpg.57e703824850a13917843ae08ede8b2a.jpg

three-kings-a1-24.jpg.5b9cfc23dc1972982d930d9bf47df5a7.jpg

three-kings-a1-25.jpg.ae53b15e6bf36e33e63fb7ad2e28ef11.jpg

three-kings-a1-26.jpg.8877b0e32b9a58ca4ea2388ec5e8209c.jpg

three-kings-a1-27.jpg.62b184e8a34ef647836513164646f440.jpg

three-kings-a1-28.jpg.a2d824e8727fbd9117379b681a65d8df.jpg

three-kings-a1-29.jpg.c906b8f05c2d0e31af882e3587da757b.jpg

Here's a nice summary view:

three-kings-a1-20.jpg.698ef508a8d0c271afc80e89688a9cc5.jpg

So let's add that up:

• Jesus: 45 points
  • Neymar: 15 points
  • Salah: 16 points
  • KDB: 36 points

That's a total of 112 points.

Much poorer performance than I was hoping for after a bright start, but that's football. @Rob could you please add me to the leaderboard? Thanks!

As for what's next. I'm thinking I might try this again with a more stable team and make sure it's better balanced than this time around. 

Thanks for reading!

Still a good score mate, the lack of depth thing is so infuriating, 'I'm the manager, I'll tell you pricks if there's enough depth' 😂 promoting greyed out players can make it go away, which makes me question why the F is it a feature at all if I can just promote a lot of crappy players to make it dissappear. 

That’s a good score mate, great season, I am finding this the hardest badge by a mile, so I’d be very happy with your score tbh 😁

2 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Still a good score mate, the lack of depth thing is so infuriating, 'I'm the manager, I'll tell you pricks if there's enough depth' 😂 promoting greyed out players can make it go away, which makes me question why the F is it a feature at all if I can just promote a lot of crappy players to make it dissappear. 

Thanks mate!

I haven't really had it as a problem before now. But mine seems slightly different from what you had. I've seen people like @RichD and maybe yourself talking about needing more than 28 players, but I had 32 which should have been more than enough. But when I went to the Squad Depth screen some of the positions weren't green enough...

I think what happened is by bringing in KDB and Salah in particular, I made everyone else's staff assigned star ratings drop slightly (as they aren't as good in comparison), so then the 3 Kings weren't happy that we didn't have any top rated right backs for example. If I'd brought in lesser rated kings, the right backs would have had higher star rating and everyone would be happy. But once I got the better players, they weren't gonna be happy until I brought in TAA! 😄

So I think it was more about quality rather than quantity - I'm just guessing that, but that's what seems to fit what happened for me.

4 minutes ago, RichD said:

That’s a good score mate, great season, I am finding this the hardest badge by a mile, so I’d be very happy with your score tbh 😁

Thanks mate. I might have been happier with that score but it's a fair way behind the top (and only) score of 144 - which is fine, but I thought I could get closer than I got to that. And really the team just bogged down and under performed for a lot of the season.

BTW, this challenge is really interesting because when one of your kings passes to Jesus, you get 2 points if he scores - but if instead of shooting he passes it on to one other kings who scores instead, you get 0 points!! Much swearing here during this challenge! 😄