Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries The 3 Kings [Attempt 5 Complete]

Scratch

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Okay, let's see how the Buck Wild TT Blaster tactic went...

It was definitely buck wild... All sorts of crazy results, as shown in a previous screenshot above:

Hide contents

image.png

But did it blast this challenge? Read on to find out...

Note: the tactic was designed to blast TTs, but in this case it's blasting 3 Kings... Same principle, just a different target...

Anyway, here's a particularly crazy game (that we lost) which I'll share:

Hide contents

three-kings-a5-17.jpg.26d1fe9a80141755220b66b021fdd76a.jpg

I rested the main lads against Liverpool and they hammered us, going 4-0 up by the 40 min mark, with a couple of disallowed goals to boot. Then after my inspired half time speech, the lads fought back (with no change to the tactic). We still lost, but 5-4 looks a lot better than it looked like at half time and it set us up to win the tie on aggregate (which we did).

Transfers

Reveal hidden contents

three-kings-a5-32.jpg.17f187fe42296cddce3f6e300fb337d4.jpg

three-kings-a5-33.jpg.2588a3ef976cfed4336f68f37c0da574.jpg

three-kings-a5-34.jpg.119d966e0aa4ceb1596b7ed4070fca6c.jpg

We sold a bunch of players for whatever we could get, but kept the main stars like Lukaku, Brozovic, Martinez, etc. I did try to sell de Vrij because he's too slow for 1 at the back, but couldn't get a good price, so kept him and he did pretty well. There were some of the aging stars that I couldn't shift, like Vidal, so I just played them.

Coming in were the usual suspects, although I had to take a chance with some players I hadn't used before, like Gosens, Saka, Pezella, etc to fill the left sided positions which I somehow left to the last minute. I also brought Wilshere in as cover for the LW spot (with a bit of retraining) and he was servicable there. 

Results

We did pretty well, wining the league (with 153 goals!) and the Italian Cup, but getting knocked out of the CL by Man Utd at the semi final stage:

three-kings-a5-29.jpg.34b72d57c0cfd6477acc65532c6fba6c.jpg

Injuries

Reveal hidden contents

three-kings-a5-12.jpg.1f0f2aa0953c6927f0d632d377dcf365.jpg

three-kings-a5-15.jpg.5ecf488df89e7d7d2a706ea75c49cc29.jpg

three-kings-a5-26.jpg.57558bfbf1e92067826a4bc0c8bc20d2.jpg

three-kings-a5-06.jpg.30cc71f13e0f1838b914d51f94dc52c2.jpg

three-kings-a5-07.jpg.63f152d90e6fc1d53cff61272e86a114.jpg

three-kings-a5-13.jpg.0c4fba57f98f0c2db473027cffc7d094.jpg

three-kings-a5-14.jpg.a22765c26ed8d94ef833e81dcffafd2e.jpg

three-kings-a5-19.jpg.c7312614abee5c21f6f8279a22239865.jpg

three-kings-a5-18.jpg.ed935237f0a2a6fa6bc47dd02d696294.jpg

We got off pretty lightly again, with Lukaku having a few injuries (3 weeks, 10 days and an in-game injury). Vignato had two in-game injuries, then a month long injury right near the end of the season (only missed 2 games from that). The others were injury free.

Freshness

We got off to a rocket of a start (4 or 5 contributions in most games) and were on track to top the leaderboard. However, as mentioned previously, that fell away after a few months and we started getting 1 to 3 contributions per game. 

At one point in April, we had Liverpool, Juve, then Liverpool, so I told the 4 lads we could manage with out them and sent them to the seaside for 14 days. When they came back we had 6 contributions, then 5, then it went back to 1 to 3.

Does it mean anything? Who knows, but I do feel like freshness is a factor, so may experiment with this further in future.

The Lads

Here's how the 4 lads looked at the end (nice development from the wingers, shame about Lukaku's injury ravages):

three-kings-a5-38.jpg.fdf027d7f37272e4558315260f41d609.jpg

three-kings-a5-40.jpg.06c0c7a4d5470e9367d4e9490c26d01f.jpg

three-kings-a5-42.jpg.3b5d51f1cf2c5b1bd31e2c3f91ce212b.jpg

three-kings-a5-44.jpg.3b7e8e792f9392912cce52b2cac57c00.jpg

It's probably worth mentioning that Jesus struggled with language issues throughout and was not particularly motivated by Serie A (he still did pretty well):

Hide contents

three-kings-a5-23.jpg.bad0d358f1dba4bf83319be0f3595d88.jpg

Score

Let's take a look at the guys history pages:

Hide contents

three-kings-a5-39.jpg.1a58fe3bf404b034624dbb2c8ff016ec.jpg

three-kings-a5-41.jpg.38bcfba17677f613fbc408c90b13900f.jpg

three-kings-a5-43.jpg.677db9794acc125f63b8ff4ef230b0d3.jpg

three-kings-a5-45.jpg.55554c883418003e5236c9ded3536da4.jpg

And the summary screen:

three-kings-a5-36.jpg.808f6dbc10424325e4d72eafe3406660.jpg

And if we add that up:

• Jesus: 54 goals/points
  • Vignato: 39 assists/points
  • Lainez: 20 assists/points
  • Lukaku: 16 assists/points

Giving us a total of 129 points. @Rob can you please move me up the leader board (it's just you and I swapping places, sorry!)?

I'm fairly happy with that - I finally beat my first attempt and beat it by 17 points which isn't too bad - although I was on track for about 150 at one point, so I just wished I could have keep that pace up.

As for the Buck Wild TT Blaster tactic, it's definitely one I'll use more often. There are a LOT of goals in there, but you also ship a lot too and every so often you get hammered. It definitely needs some tall timber upfront though for it to work effectively - so it probably doesn't work for all scenarios.

For the record, this is where the goals went (including the subs, note most penalities went to the T): T:63; RTM:58; LTM:29; AM: 26. And this is where the assists went (most corners to RW): RW:48; LW: 25; RTM:25; LTM:17; RWB:16; AM:13; T:11; CM: 10; LWB:10.

I added all that up  because I had lots of "I should have used the RWB and/or AM" moments, but I was right all along! 😄

Brilliant mate. Glad to see Vignato is as useful as ever. Love that guy!

Thanks mate.

Yeah Vignato is fantastic. Mind you he seems to have gotten a downgrade in the last version (they updated the DB and adjusted a lot of PA values), so he's more in "your mileage may vary" territory than "surefire hit" territory like he used to be. He still seems good enough for most use cases. 

Great score, and I shall update the board. I absolutely love the tactic and the game is so much more fun when lots of goals are involved. I’d be intrigued with what you’d change for when you try it again (probably tomorrow, knowing you!).

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Great score, and I shall update the board. I absolutely love the tactic and the game is so much more fun when lots of goals are involved. I’d be intrigued with what you’d change for when you try it again (probably tomorrow, knowing you!).

Thanks mate. Yeah, it is a lot more fun with lots of goals - slows the game down a bit though because of all the chances it needs to show (even on commentary only). I guess that's a good problem to have. 🤣

Not going to try this one again for the moment, might take the TT Blaster to Stamford Bridge next, though it doesn't quite fit the players there. Maybe I'll tweak it a bit and find something that works better with shorter players and players that can't cross and come back and try this again. But no real thoughts or plans yet.

Sounds like a Goaltopia or Peak Years would be a decent choice for next? Especially with the Bronko Buster Meganomica Audi TT tactic.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Sounds like a Goaltopia or Peak Years would be a decent choice for next? Especially with the Bronko Buster Meganomica Audi TT tactic.

I have a Celtic save (only a few months in) based on the BW TT B tactic, with Pellegri, Esposito, Hornby (a fav of mine), Sargent and Badji, all strikers who are strong in the air, being served up by Vignato. That could be a TT or a Goaltopia, or both. I was wondering if a 3x1KC is possible 😄

However, I paused that one to do this Jesus one again and I just started a Chelsea Ex-Wonderkids one and then there will probably be another badge one, so I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to it. FMM21 problems...

But yeah immediate next stop, Stamford Bridge... Surprised to find both Werner and Havertz are 13 Aerial, so might work with the BW TT B (and Havertz will be mentored). So it will be Werner, Havertz and Tammy upfront with one of the other lads in the RW position. Obvious choice is Pulisic, but he sucked so badly there last time for me that I think I'll retrain Mount out there... 

Anyway, don't worry, I won't beat you off the leaderboard... You'll have to wait for someone else to do that...

Havertz can kinda be whatever you want him to be it seems. I look forward to seeing what you do and who you get in, etc. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I have a Celtic save (only a few months in) based on the BW TT B tactic, with Pellegri, Esposito, Hornby (a fav of mine), Sargent and Badji, all strikers who are strong in the air, being served up by Vignato. That could be a TT or a Goaltopia, or both. I was wondering if a 3x1KC is possible 😄

New tactic sounds good mate and that's a cracking score! The 3x1k is my holy grail, i started an attempt last year but FMM21 came out and i abandoned it and have tentatively started one this year at Rangers but with 3 different nationalities and realistically you're going to need some international goals. I have fond memories of @Taff and his MRI where he got a triple 1k with Mbappe, Rashford and Isak. Incredible achievement!

1 minute ago, smoggy90 said:

New tactic sounds good mate and that's a cracking score! The 3x1k is my holy grail, i started an attempt last year but FMM21 came out and i abandoned it and have tentatively started one this year at Rangers but with 3 different nationalities and realistically you're going to need some international goals. I have fond memories of @Taff and his MRI where he got a triple 1k with Mbappe, Rashford and Isak. Incredible achievement!

Sounds like you two should have a h2h on a 3x1kc?

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Havertz can kinda be whatever you want him to be it seems. I look forward to seeing what you do and who you get in, etc. Good luck! 

He is pretty versatile, but one thing I miss this year is that his Crossing is only 11 and he doesn't have much development left. Last year he was still young enough that he had a lot more development and you could shape him any way you wanted to. I turned him into a pretty good LW a few times and that would have been my preferred approach here, but not going to work anymore.

It's going to be interesting as this approach doesn't really suit the players I have - so it could fail miserably, or ... it just might work anyway, this being FMM, you never can tell! Gonna be fun to find out...

2 hours ago, RichD said:

Well done scratch, plenty of goals there mate and a good score as well! Bet that season was a lot of fun 😁

Thanks mate, yeah it was a cracker alright, loads of fun. Goals going in left right and centre.

Last time I tried it, my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic that got a 2KC and and assists 1KC wasn't working quite as well in 21 as in 20, but even if it was, I'd find it hard to go back to that because there are a lot less goals. Maybe better results for a 1KC, but not as much fun...

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Thanks mate. I've never tried 3x1K, though I did try a 2K+1K and had to ditch the 1K (sorry Koita!), but that was before I moved to much more attacking tactics. I think I might go for the 3x1K with that save - just all these short badge ones are getting in my way, LOL!

But I don't want to do ITN if I don't have to. Though I guess you're probably right that it would make it more realistic...

I have fond memories of @Taff as well, but I can only vaguely remember that one. Definitely sounds familiar, just can't remember the detail... Getting old I guess!

26 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate, yeah it was a cracker alright, loads of fun. Goals going in left right and centre.

Last time I tried it, my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic that got a 2KC and and assists 1KC wasn't working quite as well in 21 as in 20, but even if it was, I'd find it hard to go back to that because there are a lot less goals. Maybe better results for a 1KC, but not as much fun...

I feel the same way, when I did my Ryan Edmonson 1k, I found it a struggle to get through as my formation was defensive as well, i kept thinking about my attacking tactics, I want to do a 1k this year with a more attacking approach!

15 minutes ago, RichD said:

I feel the same way, when I did my Ryan Edmonson 1k, I found it a struggle to get through as my formation was defensive as well, i kept thinking about my attacking tactics, I want to do a 1k this year with a more attacking approach!

Yeah, totally get you on this. And with some of the big totals you're getting, a 1KC should be pretty achievable, even if a lot of other players are scoring too. I mean, you've got 3 players on around 350 after 6 seasons, if you go until season 16 or 17 you should have 3 1KCs right there! 😄 

17 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, totally get you on this. And with some of the big totals you're getting, a 1KC should be pretty achievable, even if a lot of other players are scoring too. I mean, you've got 3 players on around 350 after 6 seasons, if you go until season 16 or 17 you should have 3 1KCs right there! 😄 

Yeah very true! I’ll be playing that once my Augusta one is done. I expect you do try one as well 😁

10 hours ago, RichD said:

Yeah very true! I’ll be playing that once my Augusta one is done. I expect you do try one as well 😁

We might need a 3x1K leaderboard for you, me and @smoggy90! 😄

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Sounds interesting I should join this after I’m done with my Bayern TT

We should get Team 3x1K T-shirts made... 😄

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

We might need a 3x1K leaderboard for you, me and @smoggy90! 😄

Haha i think i will post my Rangers save later but i don't think it will be a contender for a triple 1k, but it's enjoyable and may set me up for an attempt later in the year.