Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactic mentality, changes in game

Francis_

So, I've had this question since fmm 2019 and I still need some enlightment.

I mean some tactics I used and took from the index here didnt need any changes ig. But still I want to understand the ideas and for example, if the opponent plays overload, what should I change my mentality to? It is something that intrigues me and I'm asking here for the first time, once I cant find anything conclusive. Some say its about the instict during the match. Others say there s a form and I still cant find that form. Any help is appreciated. 

Mine is always instinct to be honest, there’s games you get it right and games you don’t, but what id say is, I always tend to start a game attacking/overload if I’m expected to win, so if I’m not creating chances with that, I tend to go balanced in game, so there a bit more patient with the ball, a couple of set ups from AI seem to deal well with Attacking/overload but as soon as I switch to balanced I tend to create more. But id say a good 80% of the time I don’t change anything in game and stick to my all out attack😁

20 minutes ago, RichD said:

Mine is always instinct to be honest, there’s games you get it right and games you don’t, but what id say is, I always tend to start a game attacking/overload if I’m expected to win, so if I’m not creating chances with that, I tend to go balanced in game, so there a bit more patient with the ball, a couple of set ups from AI seem to deal well with Attacking/overload but as soon as I switch to balanced I tend to create more. But id say a good 80% of the time I don’t change anything in game and stick to my all out attack😁

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, I know it depends on your tactic but I mean for worse times where you have to improvise you can change the settings for example, if they play overload and im weaker team I show use counter or perhaps defense even! But anyways I get your point of view and I guess this still needs some research and im wilking to keep doing it. 

I’m not entirely a lower league player but every time I play, I never change the tactic. I always use attacking so when I’m really, really desperate I’ll change to overload and mixed passing. Sometimes even use shoot on sight.

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I’m not entirely a lower league player but every time I play, I never change the tactic. I always use attacking so when I’m really, really desperate I’ll change to overload and mixed passing. Sometimes even use shoot on sight.

Pretty much the same, although... Always Attacking. If drawing at half- time, i turn on Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight. If losing at HT, i turn up all the Defensive options (so everything to the right, i forget the options, except Time Wasting stays off obviously).

And then if losing when i make my subs at 60-70mins, then i go Overload. 

Btw @Francis_, there definitely was a post last year early on describing how to react to various computer decisions... Let me see if i can find it...

Nope, sorry, had a look but can't remember who did it now...

Edited by Mr Tree
14 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Btw @Francis_, there definitely was a post last year early on describing how to react to various computer decisions... Let me see if i can find it...

Nope, sorry, had a look but can't remember who did it now...

It’s there somewhere yes, i Will try and find it. 

17 hours ago, Francis_ said:

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, I know it depends on your tactic but I mean for worse times where you have to improvise you can change the settings for example, if they play overload and im weaker team I show use counter or perhaps defense even! But anyways I get your point of view and I guess this still needs some research and im wilking to keep doing it. 

Maybe this is usefull :)

128ECA9C-8FC3-45CE-98E5-0D4BD6DB41C7-5406-000008B078CDCEA8.png

On 20/12/2020 at 14:20, broodje kip said:

Thats pretty much what I ve been doing, and yes im not a lower league player like you said too but I decided to do it as a personal challenge and I found out that these might be useful managing whatever team you want. But thanks for the reply, atleast im not the only one doing that xD

On 20/12/2020 at 19:30, Mr Tree said:

Pretty much the same, although... Always Attacking. If drawing at half- time, i turn on Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight. If losing at HT, i turn up all the Defensive options (so everything to the right, i forget the options, except Time Wasting stays off obviously).

And then if losing when i make my subs at 60-70mins, then i go Overload. 

Yes!! I always thought I was a newbie at this game but im starting to see that i always played right xDDD. Anyways, thanks for the reply it actually reminded me of something I havent made in a log time. I ve been using wasting time around the 82 min Mark so I dont concede any silly Goals but if needed a goal I dont even think in ticking waste time. 

On 21/12/2020 at 07:14, AndersJ said:

Anders... You're a life saver! This Will help for sure my investigation on my little experience. Thank you so much bro 💯

On 21/12/2020 at 11:15, broodje kip said:

I can’t even understand that but anyone who do it might be useful 

I also cant understand that parte where it talks about the high Def line and the overload and contain... It seems overload its a very tricky one and there's no straight counter mentality right away. 

On 21/12/2020 at 07:14, AndersJ said:

Btw @AndersJ, could you give me more info about that post? I feel like there se something missing and I can't understand it. 

22 hours ago, Francis_ said:

I also cant understand that parte where it talks about the high Def line and the overload and contain... It seems overload its a very tricky one and there's no straight counter mentality right away. 

I'd go time wasting and control if they change to overload to frustrate the opposition not 100% but worth to try

On 24/12/2020 at 13:01, Francis_ said:

Yes!! I always thought I was a newbie at this game but im starting to see that i always played right xDDD. Anyways, thanks for the reply it actually reminded me of something I havent made in a log time. I ve been using wasting time around the 82 min Mark so I dont concede any silly Goals but if needed a goal I dont even think in ticking waste time. 

Ha, well, it's debatable whether i know what I'm doing or not :D

i don't bother time-wasting in general - i hate it in real life, and generally it's a waste of time in the game. What will be will be...