Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Challenge idea - The Herbert Chapman Way

StuartM

Hi folks, not sure how this works being a bit new... but I had an idea for a challenge that I'll take on myself eventually, quite slowly and probably badly too. I thought I'd share in case anyone else thought it was worth a go.

So, the task is to emulate the feats of Herbert Chapman and the three times in a row league winners of Huddersfield Town and Arsenal in the 1920s and 1930s (a bit of trivia for you, I think Chapman only won 2 in a row with both clubs due to leaving Town and then his untimely passing but we'll ignore that for now).

My take is this, take charge of Huddersfield Town (but maybe another Championship club if you have an aversion!), take them to the Premier, win the league 3 times in a row, then take charge of Arsenal (or perhaps another Premier League club if you have another aversion!!) and win the league three times in a row again.

To add the challenge element, the goal is to do this in the shortest time and then as a tie breaker by spending the least money.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I might have used my first save as a trial for this but I got sacked by Huddersfield for losing in the playoff final in the first two seasons... not that I'm bitter!

Edited by StuartM
Correction