Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career We’ve got Jesus, Gabriel Jesus - RichD

Rich

3AFA4AEA-3FC5-407C-A602-9943278FF88C.gif.48eb654f6c75e7c18c57d5a610943c1b.gif

Hello and welcome to another career from yours truly. So I’m in the midst of the Augusta Challenge which is very enjoyable. But think I’m having a few days off over Xmas, so will try and get this one done.

At the moment I have no idea what players or what team I will use, all I can tell you is, I have an idea in my head of what kind of formation and players I will use, will this work, I have no idea.

Be sure to check back in about a day and I’ll probably be done 😂

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

Congratulations for thinking about a challenge, and good luck for actually doing it 😘

Not like me, but thought as I’ve been here a good few months now, was about time I tried one!

15 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Good luck mate, should be a fun one

Thanks mate, you need to start collecting all the badges!

The Club

B8D3BB29-35B7-4924-8F89-ADD70E4C86D5.gif.e2f52cfa0b4de4f7461a94a4b6f32de2.gif

So yes I take the easy route and go Manchester City, they have plenty of money and some good talent as well.

The Three Wise Buggers

BB1C6EC5-6907-4A35-A940-8C84FA4B8C1C.gif.ea122876f8d282394c5db83821ec8363.gif

B2FBBAAB-888A-4193-98D9-722E4CCABF72.thumb.jpeg.5b65ad1701c57cbfc67517358a854842.jpeg

705641D9-DF93-4DF3-938A-70B46CF9DB1C.jpeg.6d257caceaf2b3aee9c2c30ec49ef347.jpeg

So yes if you hadn’t guessed the players I will be going for are Jonjo Shelvey, Miguel Almiron and Joelinton.

Transfers

Spoiler

5E5D4E07-8439-4B0C-9B2B-8ED563A695E9.thumb.png.cc7bc260ad485bf10bc10c68a2e75953.png69BA0834-6FEA-41E7-A20C-1EECDF93131B.thumb.png.53f6eb621ea012dccc212ed6bb572c96.png

Some great signings here and I’m over the bloody moon with squad, I thought I’d do this now as I wanted to show the tactic as well.

Tactic

Spoiler

6620AFF3-BC70-47CB-90B5-2FFB25E0E3BE.thumb.png.87b49d77ad9703408062ae8c063c5961.png

This is how it looks at the moment, now then I’m taking a bit of a risk here with no wingers being used, I’m hoping we can kill teams through the middle, will it work? Who knows. Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Quality transfer window mate. The tactic looks interesting also,though anytime I've used that shape its never gone well for me, hope you get it working. 

17 minutes ago, RichD said:

Jonjo Shelvey, Miguel Almiron and Joelinton.

😂Great choices mate, at least you know Joelinton won't take any goals away from Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Quality transfer window mate. The tactic looks interesting also,though anytime I've used that shape its never gone well for me, hope you get it working. 

😂Great choices mate, at least you know Joelinton won't take any goals away from Jesus. 

Yeah I’ve messed up, had to move them out to the wings, Lemar and Silva already, won first game against Fulham 2-1 but lucky because of two pens from Jesus 😂

I had high hopes for that tactic!

Exactly, Joelinton just loves to give! 

8 minutes ago, RichD said:

Yeah I’ve messed up, had to move them out to the wings, Lemar and Silva already, won first game against Fulham 2-1 but lucky because of two pens from Jesus 😂

I had high hopes for that tactic!

Exactly, Joelinton just loves to give! 

I used a fairly similar tactic in my test and did the exact same thing. That tactic SHOULD work, and with central passing and the players there is no reason not to... but meh.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I used a fairly similar tactic in my test and did the exact same thing. That tactic SHOULD work, and with central passing and the players there is no reason not to... but meh.

Yeah it’s frustrating, I really did think it would work as well. Starting to think I’ve chosen the wrong players now 😂

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Shame the tactic didn’t work straight away but with her squad at your disposal I’m sure it will click pretty quickly.

I think I should have tried quickly in one of my test saves to see if it worked, I’m playing with two inside forwards now and thinks look a bit better, I do want to get that tactic working at some point.

8 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Last time you used wingers is was a Bogey, just try not to f#*k this 🤣

Goretzka is my favorite player in the game, so far, it's so versatile and hard working.

Yeah wing backs they were though, so as long as the people ahead of them do well, I should be ok 😂

Yeah same here, he’s been a beast with Atletico for me as well, so good everywhere isn’t he, no weaknesses!

Oh yeah. And a great leader! I signed him in the first transfer window and right from the first day the team saw him as a leader and he stated that "he thinks is a better captain than Aubameyang" I laughed but I made him captain just to see the reaction... Auba was in the player list who were happy that Goretzka is a captain, unbelievable! 

Me too! Where's my Joelinton, Shelvey and Almiron? I want my money back!

But anyway, good luck mate. I started with that formation, before moving to the T in the AMC pos and T TM T up front, which seemed to work better (though my score's gonna be low, more because of dynamics than tactic I think, but who knows). 

I'm sure you'll smash it though, so good luck!

8 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Good luck! I see you used Ederson as a part exchange for Neuer? Any reasons why?

Yeah as it’s only a season challenge, I don’t like using keepers with poor communication and Ederson only has 9 for it, Neuer is a beast all round for a season at least 😁

6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I’m very disappointed you didn’t sign Shelvey, Almiron and Joelinton. Good luck anyway 

I’m disappointed as well now, will have to use them at some point! 

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

Me too! Where's my Joelinton, Shelvey and Almiron? I want my money back!

But anyway, good luck mate. I started with that formation, before moving to the T in the AMC pos and T TM T up front, which seemed to work better (though my score's gonna be low, more because of dynamics than tactic I think, but who knows). 

I'm sure you'll smash it though, so good luck!

I know, after just starting it I did think how much more interesting it would be with them in it, maybe second attempt 😂

Yeah I was very hopeful when I had the thought in my head about the tactic but soon realised it just wasn’t going to work as I had like 3 shots against Fulham, I’ve moved them out wide now and De Bruyne just behind Jesus.

Thanks mate, I’m sure I’ll be done today, I’m not entirely sure how it will go tbh 😁

A Season With Jesus 

Well you knew it wouldn’t take me long to get it done, I really enjoyed this one as it took A LOT of thought tactically, as getting assists from 3 players was very difficult to begin with but we settled after about 10/15 games.

Tactic

Spoiler

10225413-BA99-4860-BC20-3C40C3E835EF.thumb.png.1189c2cecf229f6ef32d8fcafaa68773.png

So quite a basic formation from me, I never tend to go for 4 at the back, but I’m not sure if the update has had an affect on a couple of ways I play to be honest, so this is what I settle on and seemed to work relatively well. Also there were no transfers done in January so the transfers are posted in an earlier post.

Carabao Cup

Spoiler

0D8B0740-8EF0-4BEA-ADC4-12A16026E96F.thumb.png.dba264fcd840c3bb30672ea90f989911.png

A comfortable final here as @smoggy90 men make it to the final, just a shame they couldn’t register a shot!

FA Cup

Spoiler

D10A81DD-0B12-4D58-A1BD-01600031AE67.thumb.png.eab68a1690094318ed47442d5d921ddb.png

So another cup win and another comfortable game, I’m not used to playing this way and joy conceding any chances.

Champions League

Spoiler

A060A546-5855-4A1B-B1DF-2D0021E57B65.thumb.png.93497296075e513d6d66bb358c003676.png

How was there only 1 goal in this final? Lovely that Jesus got the winner though, I got to say as well we got some great draws in all the cups, which helped big time. 

Premier League

Spoiler

48921ED5-CCBB-4AED-966C-72B6E292765C.thumb.png.a285adb2f2f2c616c83d99a2b974be2c.png

Liverpool pushed us all the way and they were top for most of the season, I know we had a great season but honestly didn’t feel like it, our quality in matches came through, but we weren’t dominant in many it felt like.

Manager Profile

Spoiler

0D3C50B8-8E5F-45CF-BADA-AD0748C24D1E.thumb.png.c82414c70a886155acf98da5222bd8cd.png

Very poor looking profile there, but only two losses all season, which is lovely.

Jesus And The Three Wise Men

Spoiler

D9AF6561-C341-4968-83D9-BD009D9A63FD.thumb.png.e8597ec6fcdc43e50d386cd3a01dd24b.png

Gabriel Jesus - 66 goals

Kevin De Bruyne - 36 assists

Bernardo Silva - 23

Thomas Lemar - 20

Total Score - 145

So in the end a decent score from the boys, but I do think I could do better, I wish I hadn’t signed Lemar and gone for a right footed winger, but I had no intention of using wingers to begin with. May give this another try.

Cheers for reading guys and your comments are always appreciated by me and my family.

ALSO forgot to say was really nice trying to get goals out of striker without having Aerial, really enjoyed working that out, will try a 1k without decent aerial at some point I think.

Edited by RichD
Just now, broodje kip said:

Great score that. Now play again but with Joelinton and Almiron

Thanks Kipster, I do want to try out especially Joelinton on this years, I think I could do a 1k with him 👀

Great score mate, and nice to see Boro in a final! Shame about no shots 🤣

I've just finished my Portsmouth one so will post that today and crack on with this next.

Interesting you mention tactics as I'm really struggling with 2 at the back all of a sudden, I don't like pointing to updates but I'm not sure what else it could be.

9 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Yet another meaty score from RichD. You are making it a habit now. 

Cheers Kane, when I was playing, I didn’t feel like it was going to be a good score, so was a bit surprised when adding up 😁

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Although it’s a shame the tactic didn’t work as you hoped that’s a really good score.

Cheers Fox, yeah lucky I settled on something soon after I realised the other one wouldn’t.

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Great score mate, and nice to see Boro in a final! Shame about no shots 🤣

I've just finished my Portsmouth one so will post that today and crack on with this next.

Interesting you mention tactics as I'm really struggling with 2 at the back all of a sudden, I don't like pointing to updates but I'm not sure what else it could be.

The game did stop for a few minutes, streaker Smog running through the pitch 😂

Yeah I feel like the update may have had an impact, I need to test further and see, hope not all of my tactics will stop working now 🙈

8 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Great score Dave, I played a test to see how I'd do in this challenge and got a score of 110 🤣, plenty more testing needed yet. 

That’s passed the benchmark mate! I found this the toughest one in the badges but I don’t know if that’s because of the update and my tactics don’t seem to work anymore 😂

1 minute ago, RichD said:

That’s passed the benchmark mate! I found this the toughest one in the badges but I don’t know if that’s because of the update and my tactics don’t seem to work anymore 😂

I know, but the season pissed me off so much I don't want to upload it 😂, the update is a funny one too, I had so many injuries in the first half of the season, but tactics I havent noticed a difference yet, but that is because I only have one tactic anyway 😂

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I know, but the season pissed me off so much I don't want to upload it 😂, the update is a funny one too, I had so many injuries in the first half of the season, but tactics I havent noticed a difference yet, but that is because I only have one tactic anyway 😂

I’m doing some testing now and some of the tactics I’ve created for challenges on here have just stopped working completely, looks like I’m back to the drawing board 🙈😂

39 minutes ago, RichD said:

I’m doing some testing now and some of the tactics I’ve created for challenges on here have just stopped working completely, looks like I’m back to the drawing board 🙈😂

Does your goal bonanza one still work? Cause if not all out attack must have been demolished in the update, my test I had 2 CD's, 2 CM's, 2 WM's, 2 Treqs, 1 AP and 1 Poacher and my defense was horrible, conceded 57 goals in the league