Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob tries the Peak Years Challenge - Season 05... The End

Rob

One of my favourite challenges on Vibe is this:

Spoiler

Essentially you pick as many players as you want, play five seasons, and enter their scores on to various leaderboards. Each players’ score is their total goals and assists. They have to start the save with their age between 24 and 29, hence ‘Peak Years’.

I have opted to manage Bayern Munich for this attempt and I plan to enter three leaderboards.

The first is the non-striker leaderboard, using this fella:

19BAACFA-9B1F-4B88-BCC5-71436E1038A5.thumb.jpeg.1df3b057af8c754b7630debc975801f6.jpeg

I usually find Sane a bit of a riddle on this game. He looks like he should be an awesome creator, but attitude problems and a relatively low teamwork grading often lets him down. I want to solve the riddle.

The second leaderboard is for strikers. I didn’t want to use him originally as he’s the best striker to use in this challenge, but he suited my tactic and I wanted to see how he would do. It’s Harry Kane.

EBD30EF8-9C32-4D2E-BC3F-7524EB1B2A74.thumb.jpeg.543b8e0524781f70b1021cb822a06652.jpeg

The third leaderboard is the three player combined. To top up our trio I am using a lad who I always like the look of but never get around to using.

23467E3C-E2BD-4200-8EBE-5620E31DA00D.thumb.jpeg.ea0f7abad3c42fc176a78f4104ecc607.jpeg

Plus, I love his moustache.

Obviously, I may opt to include a few combinations in to the two player leaderboard and maybe lob Gnabry in the striker one too if he does ok, but he is very much a third wheel in this career.

Thanks for reading!

5 minutes ago, RichD said:

Good luck Rob, sounds a fun one and seeing Kane get 7 goals in a game, I’m expecting big things 😉

Thanks. It happens every game. Nah, that one is a freak game in season 2, which I’ve just finished. 

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

Good luck mate, you made some fantastic player choices for the challenge 😉

Thanks. I obviously love Kane in real life, and Sane is excellent, but I love watching Gnabry play. He has a wonderful directness and pragmatism and I want to see if the game reflects it.  

59 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Good luck. Great player choice. I’ve never got any attitude problem with Sane so far. Interested to see how it goes

Cheers Broodje. Much appreciated 

Great player choices mate, as long as Sane keeps his head down he'll do wonders for you. Anytime I've managed Bayern for a challenge I've used Wingers instead of IF's and Gnabry was often traded put or sold, so I'm very intrigued to see how he does for you. And Kane, well he's a beast. I like that you've incorporated a few challenges into one, can't wait to see the results

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Great player choices mate, as long as Sane keeps his head down he'll do wonders for you. Anytime I've managed Bayern for a challenge I've used Wingers instead of IF's and Gnabry was often traded put or sold, so I'm very intrigued to see how he does for you. And Kane, well he's a beast. I like that you've incorporated a few challenges into one, can't wait to see the results

Thanks Aaron. I am exactly the same with Serge. He doesn’t really fit in with many of the challenges on here, which is a shame. It’s still funny that Arsenal sold him so cheap and young.

Season 01

Having the opportunity to have Harry Kane in my team was a real treat. I think the game accurately represents him, as not only is his finishing excellent but also his creative attributes.

Transfers

Bayern have a very well balanced squad. In Coman you have a wonderful right winger and in Goretzka you have one of the game’s best midfielders. Partey, Brozovic and SMS joined to supplement Leon and Tolliso in central midfield, with Skriniar bolstering defence. Villa is a lovely backup right winger.

I didn’t intend to let Kimmich and Alaba leave, but the offers allowed me to do the business I need to, whilst also building a reserve of cash for next season.

1AAADFB4-CFD0-4354-AC27-29D582D38DDE.thumb.jpeg.bc70bcca8e2d07ecacd0278ec31b0162.jpegDE610641-EC55-47DB-8CD9-D3E971C210D5.thumb.jpeg.a7d4f3d5e7c34d44194695b7695bfc06.jpeg

Team Performance

After a bit of a shocking start where we seemed to draw lots of games, the dynamics kicked in and we started to steamroll teams a bit. Not in a 7 or 8 goal type of way, but in clinical 3 goal wins mostly scored and created by our three focal players.

3A74FA35-DD4B-4505-A0CC-FF5F36F4561E.thumb.jpeg.0c65d843e42f2c782c626fd337c35a76.jpeg11F279B8-F35C-4878-A86A-C2790C17C765.thumb.jpeg.a6991f429dd6edeec123ac75bbaedb7c.jpeg

Player Performance

The biggest injury we had was this:

5894364A-5970-4010-8FEC-481CCFBEC89D.thumb.jpeg.84288372a5d41b88398f0c6f5174552a.jpeg

This meant I had to rejig the tactic a bit, which is the horrible by-product of focussing a team around one player; this is the Peak Years’ version of your 1kc striker getting injured.

Overall, though, the three lads did me proud. 

C92C8B0A-A881-4E6E-8917-708204A0C6FE.thumb.jpeg.00bef5eccc61bd509efb05a681420750.jpeg

Kane led the way with goals; Sane led the way with assists; Gnabry was very much the third wheel.

96736446-87D7-45AC-AC8A-91B9D2B5127C.jpeg.ab5297d3fb88fc95b52f6204dca9b446.jpeg

Thanks for reading!

Absolutely great start, considering Season 1 is almost always the lowest score until players bed in and you mould your team, this is going to be a magnificently high score.

Great season and your transfers were excellent. 

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Absolutely great start, considering Season 1 is almost always the lowest score until players bed in and you mould your team, this is going to be a magnificently high score.

Great season and your transfers were excellent. 

Thanks Aaron. Very kind words, especially on the transfer front. I never in a million years expected to get a random offer of 143m for Kimmich! 

9 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

You’re starting to reach @Scratch level of business I see

I like a bit of a dabble, but I ain’t at his level of wheeler dealer.

5 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Scratch is the all time best transfer manipulator 😂😂

Agreed. He knows all the tricks of the trade!

1 minute ago, Raven9 said:

Great start, mate. Sané is doing great in my Bayern career. No attitude problems in the first 6 seasons

Thanks. He seems to fluctuate in my experience. I think it depends if you rotate him or not, and I am certainly not.

10 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Excellent start Robbie. So good to see Sane doing well. He was a killer in my strikerless challenge in last edition.

Thanks Kane. He is a lovely player. I’ve no idea why City let him go in real life.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

That was a first class season 1 and considering things should only get better this could be some score by the end of season 5!

Cheers. I finally knew what the fox said.